Dukie V... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dukie V...

He's just an old guy who loves the game and programs like Duke/Kansas/UNC. He's an old guy that acts like an old guy. I can't hate him at all. Nothing like hearing Vitale go crazy after a game winner in February.

You never understood why some basketball fans get annoyed with him being a blithering caricacture of himself 99% of the telecast, or going off on odd tangents that have nothing to do with the game he's calling?

I can see why people enjoy him, and I can see why people don't like him. But to say that you don't understand why people don't doesn't make sense. He's been a polarizing figure for decades.
He elevated College Basketball like no other. I love College Basketball. I guess that's why I don't get it.

He yells constantly and his voice is grating. My wife hates watching games where he's on the broadcast team.

I actually didn't mind Dickie V last night. I use to like Dickie, then there was a stage of dislike, now I am back to like / neutral.

I do find it a bit hypocritical though when he calls out a player for cheering too much after he makes a play... "Act like you have been there". His entire analyst schtick has been acting like a lunatic when something happens.

He used to bother me when I was young, and his shtick got old real quick, but he announces so many less games now. He's a fabric of the game, he loves it, and I'll miss him when he's gone. It's actually refreshing to hear him call a 'Cuse game now and then. Hard to remember a time without Dickie V. I also thought he had a great broadcast last night - he was truly enthused to be in such a great environment and was very neutral. In fact, he couldn't praise Gillon enough towards the end. Take him for what he is and God bless Dickie V...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom