Dungey’s behavior | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey’s behavior

I think we can all agree based on the replay, he was over the line on those 2 plays. just need to tone it down a tad, thats all. we need him to stay right at the line, just not over it.
I don't agree. The only one I even considered remotely close to over the line was on the sideline, but overall, his response was typical I think in that situation.

Let's see how he responds today.

I gave coach too for pulling Dungey when he did but with that score the backup and TEAM should have been able to maintain or at least not give up 3 straight TD's. Babers was trying to keep Dungey from an injury-which he should do it game seems in hand

I remember people here flipping out about Bradley Chubb's behavior against us last year. He was just playing with an "edge" though, what's the big deal, right?

Overaggression vs overacting.

Chubb’s flop was an embarrassing display.

I would not be in favor of us getting 15 yards that way. People tin cupping for personal fouls is one sign of where football went soft.

I remember people here flipping out about Bradley Chubb's behavior against us last year. He was just playing with an "edge" though, what's the big deal, right?
It's better to give people the blues than to get them.

I can't agree he was over the line. The sideline play the guy put his helmet up as ED was coming to the sideline, in an attempt to hit him in the face with his helmet. ED pushed him. Not an overreaction at all.

The 2nd play I still think he was so fired up he thought he was going to pull a guy up to his feet who had just tackled him because he was so hyped up. He ends up grabbing him awkwardly and the whole things spins out of control.

It's not like he walked around grabbing his crotch, or making cutting gestures across his neck.

I see nothing wrong with anything that happened. The 2nd play just ended up playing out a lot worse than it should have. No big deal.

I can't agree he was over the line. The sideline play the guy put his helmet up as ED was coming to the sideline, in an attempt to hit him in the face with his helmet. ED pushed him. Not an overreaction at all.

The 2nd play I still think he was so fired up he thought he was going to pull a guy up to his feet who had just tackled him because he was so hyped up. He ends up grabbing him awkwardly and the whole things spins out of control.

It's not like he walked around grabbing his crotch, or making cutting gestures across his neck.

I see nothing wrong with anything that happened. The 2nd play just ended up playing out a lot worse than it should have. No big deal.

"in an attempt to hit him in the face with his helmet"

i have no words for that. i saw the replay 10 times. I cant even comprehend how you saw that.

I don't agree. The only one I even considered remotely close to over the line was on the sideline, but overall, his response was typical I think in that situation.

Let's see how he responds today.

"typical in that situation" i can remember 2 instances of a qb shoving a player on the opposing sidelines off the top of my head - both are Dungey. I definitely have never seen a QB try to aggresively lift a player to his feet who was not asking to be helped, not faking an injury, and most importantly not taking his time to get up but that is just me. I would definitively say that they were not "typical" for those situations.

"typical in that situation" i can remember 2 instances of a qb shoving a player on the opposing sidelines off the top of my head - both are Dungey. I definitely have never seen a QB try to aggresively lift a player to his feet who was not asking to be helped, not faking an injury, and most importantly not taking his time to get up but that is just me. I would definitively say that they were not "typical" for those situations.
I see it in practice, literally, every day. I see similar instances in games almost every week for as long as I have coached.

And why is it limited to quarterbacks?

There’s a line though. And he steps over it.

Charlie-Murphy.gif

Overaggression vs overacting.

Chubb’s flop was an embarrassing display.

I would not be in favor of us getting 15 yards that way. People tin cupping for personal fouls is one sign of where football went soft.

I was thinking more of him crawling around like a dog and barking (think it followed immediately after what you're talking about)

I see it in practice, literally, every day. I see similar instances in games almost every week for as long as I have coached.

And why is it limited to quarterbacks?

because the line is different for quarterbacks.

On Friday I'm thinking he was more like another ED
Eric Devendorf
;)

Later in the day I thought of Devo also, but I don't think Dungey openly looks to stir the pot, I think his attitude is hey you want to push, I can push back!

manziel was a winner and great player.. and somebody who wasted away his talent with poor decisions.
i don't admire that trait in anybody. use your head.(but don't lead with the helmet ). and play smart.

Last edited:
"in an attempt to hit him in the face with his helmet"

i have no words for that. i saw the replay 10 times. I cant even comprehend how you saw that.

The 2nd time I watched the reply and every time after that, the WMU player had his helmet hanging down in front of him. As Dungy approached he began lifting it up and away from his own body towards ED's face. I just watched it 2 more times, I'm not sure how you don't see his helmet lifting up and towards, essentially ED's chin. I stand by what I see, it's clear on every replay I can find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom