Dungey’s behavior | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey’s behavior

Uh. No, and I like Dungey a lot. That BC clip above is lunacy on Dunagy’s part, lol.
That BC clip literally occurred right in front of me after an int. This comment is from the perspective of someone who played the game all my life. In the heat of it in a play like that it is easy to and He lost sight of where he was in the field when he threw the kid. Should've been a penalty, and was if I recall.

The other guy he pushed came in after the play standing over him menacing him and pushing his knee into him. Dungy popped up and pushed him as seen. Deserved of a penalty no doubt on the original play but man I love the kids moxy with all of it. He takes no guff. This is how I want the guys on my team to err.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been mentioned. I think Dungey’s behavior was really poor after he came back into the game. He shoved a WMU kid on the sideline and then apparently tried to make ammends by picking up a WMU defender that just put a big hit on him. Why would you try to do that? I get that he plays on emotions and has some attitude that makes him the player he is. I just don’t understand why he did some of the dumb things he did Friday night.

If he wants to be a a big time player, he has to stop with the shenanigans. Keep your composure and play the game. If an opposing player did that at the dome, the crowd would be calling him names too. Enough of the Cam Newton first down signals. Give the referee the ball and go back to the huddle and run another play. Eric is the reason Evan Adams was ejected. He was doing his job by protecting his quarterback. Eric is the leader of this team not a redshirt Freshman like Devito. I really hope he gets his head on straight because I want him to be successful and enjoy pulling for him.

Blaming Dungey for Adams being tossed? Other guys “protected their QB” without getting tossed. There was zero reason to start throwing punches there.

Board is baffling right now with this. We're 1-0... rejoice!

Dungey is our warrior. As long as we win games, that kid can play with as much moxy as he needs. FFS.

Honestly its the internet football message boards are filled with people who think the backup is the greatest thing ever and the starter sucks.

Some people are truly devastated that their wish came true and we saw the backup game 1 for extended minutes but he struggled mightily. Cancels out the win to them. All they have left is to slam Dungey because he shoved a few guys after the play. Hes been compared to Manzeil by his own fans which is a joke especially considering hes been a model citizen off the field. Weird obsession with the backup isn't an SU thing. But everyone is itching to love the backup since last 3 years a walkon filled that role (and played a lot.)

Dungey is completely irreplaceable to our team and is literally worth probably 3-4 wins by himself.

Therefore, wanting him to play with passion while simultaneously not wanting him to do things that increase his likelihood of getting ejected (which he often comes very close to) seems like a totally rational thought to me.

Poor behavior? LOL. The WMU kid throat punched him with his helmet. Didn't seem like a sportsmanlike way to slow an opposing player down coming into the sidelines. Dungey took offense. He should have went all-BC on that dude.

Thank you! Behavior? That sounds like a category on a 2nd grade report card. This is football and this video is aaaaawwwwwwwsome! I love watching this guy play football.

I need to start an “Eric Dungey is Awesome” thread to balance things out around here.

Honestly its the internet football message boards are filled with people who think the backup is the greatest thing ever and the starter sucks.

Some people are truly devastated that their wish came true and we saw the backup game 1 for extended minutes but he struggled mightily. Cancels out the win to them. All they have left is to slam Dungey because he shoved a few guys after the play. Hes been compared to Manzeil by his own fans which is a joke especially considering hes been a model citizen off the field. Weird obsession with the backup isn't an SU thing. But everyone is itching to love the backup since last 3 years a walkon filled that role (and played a lot.)

This might be one of the single worst posts in a long time.

There isn't a single person on this board who wants Dungey replaced. Period.

And how in the world is some concern about his on field actions have ANYTHING to do with the backup?

I truly have no idea how you came up with that theory.

So last week it was psychoanalyzing Dino's demeanor and this week it's Dungeys' behavior.

facepalm.gif

Meatspace?

Point: would rather deal with the ramifications of one than the other. You take the whole package. It’s cute when fans start wishing for a player to completely change a facet of his personality/game.
Nobody said they wanted to completely change Dungey. We just don’t want him to act like a dumb a$$. Is that too much to ask from our leader?????

ED is going to be as he has been a target for the past 3 years for some late hits if even by a fraction or 2...maybe even some a little malicius about it. This pattern is going to continue because the opposing D knows they have to get him out of the game. How ED, the team react to this is going to be interesting.

The only concern I have is does the extra amp impact ED's passing ability. I don't think he is the most accurate thrower we have ever seen to begin with and I wonder how his "fuse lit" throws are. Was that when Neal and Custis made those great catches when ED was in full amp? Sorry all the plays are mixing. He's tough, he's cocky, he plays with an edge. If he can play and handle what comes with that (cheap shots, keeping us in the right offense and not getting distracted, etc). Have at it ED and bring about 20 of your mates with you.

What planet are you from? I never mentioned anything about wishing TD to start. Ever. I also never disputed that he wasn’t a model citizen off the field. I just didn’t like some of his behavior in the game on Friday, August 31, 2018 at 6:00 pm. Can we all stay on topic and stop over exaggerating.

Last edited:
The only concern I have is does the extra amp impact ED's passing ability. I don't think he is the most accurate thrower we have ever seen to begin with and I wonder how his "fuse lit" throws are. Was that when Neal and Custis made those great catches when ED was in full amp? Sorry all the plays are mixing. He's tough, he's cocky, he plays with an edge. If he can play and handle what comes with that (cheap shots, keeping us in the right offense and not getting distracted, etc). Have at it ED and bring about 20 of your mates with you.

Exactly, mentioned this linebacker mentality in the other thread.

If your job is to hit guys, fine, "extra amp" it up.

When you've got to read a defense, go through progressions, and make level-headed decisions...well, I'll leave it to the board to decide whether that'll go better for the "extra amp" guy or the calm one.

So last week it was psychoanalyzing Dino's demeanor and this week it's Dungeys' behavior.

View attachment 138318

I think its warranted. He straddles the line between competitiveness and ejection, often in close crucial games.

You can be competitive and cut down on non sensical acts.

If he's going to be a TE in the NFL he's going to have to have some swagger.

Exactly. We have a QB version of Gronk playing for us.

If hes gotta do something like this and toss someone out of the club every game fine by me. Some people in here need a safespace...

I have looked in the mirror many times. I lead by example. Dungey needs to play like Dungey, not Johnny Manziel. That was the only point I was trying to make. You would all be bashing him if we lost because he was kicked out of the game. Admins please close this debacle of a post.

I highly doubt anyone on this message board needs to be telling the SY QB how he needs to play the game./ This is all your opinion. You are certainly welcome to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom