Dungey invited to Bengals minicamp. Released by Bengals | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey invited to Bengals minicamp. Released by Bengals

Shocking. I can't believe they didn't put him in after Shurmer's pick 6 with 5 minutes left.

185 total passing yards from the 2 back ups ahead of Dungey . . . yikes.

Watched that whole game hoping for a glimpse... Not liking ED's chances to stick if they won't even throw him out there in preseason
On the other hand... sounds like the dudes in front of him sucked, and even though he didn't get in, he also didn't take part in the sucking.

There can be some advantage to that.

On the other hand... sounds like the dudes in front of him sucked, and even though he didn't get in, he also didn't take part in the sucking.

There can be some advantage to that.
That's my thought. They may release a QB this week, and it won't be Eric

That's my thought. They may release a QB this week, and it won't be Eric
Hopefully the case is the coach’s are happy with knowing what they have with Eric and keeping him healthy is more important and evaluating the other 2 is more beneficial to them now and will give some drives in the next couple games

The Bengals back-up is Allen. That spot is not open. ED needs a chance to be 3rd and I still think they only brought him in for arm reps.

The Bengals back-up is Allen. That spot is not open. ED needs a chance to be 3rd and I still think they only brought him in for arm reps.

No -- they need to have a QB on the practice squad, too, in case of injury. So they'll keep 3, but stash one there.

ED is competing with Shumur for that third spot [assuming they don't bring anybody else in who gets cut from another team during camp].

No -- they need to have a QB on the practice squad, too, in case of injury. So they'll keep 3, but stash one there.

ED is competing with Shumur for that third spot [assuming they don't bring anybody else in who gets cut from another team during camp].
Which is what I said, he needs to be third.

Hopefully the case is the coach’s are happy with knowing what they have with Eric and keeping him healthy is more important and evaluating the other 2 is more beneficial to them now and will give some drives in the next couple games
I really wish this could be true, but I can’t see them being happy knowing what they have for someone that hasn’t taken a meaningful game snap in some time. He needs to be evaluated too.

I hope he can get a series or three to show what he can do. I can’t see him sticking if he doesn’t, but as always, rooting for ED

Maybe in this preseason game #2 and Schumer play, and in the next preseason game #2 and Dungey play. They know their #2. Would make sense to not try to cram 3 QBs into one preseason game. But what do I know!

3 guys were cut yesterday, thankfully ED wasn't one of them, with Covid Protocols I think they may keep 4 QBs (stash 2 on the Practice Squad.)

As others have said the kid needs some reps. Hopefully he will get some Friday night in Washington.

Brandon Allen looks terrible but the QB coach is still huddled with him and Burrow.
Doesn’t seem like Dungey is getting in for a while.

Allen 5/13 for 28 yards in the first half.

Not sure why they brought dungey in if they are not even going to give him an opportunity. Did they just want someone to run a scout team at practice. Sucks

Well it appears clear that Dungey isn’t going to get a significant opportunity in a preseason game.
When they do send him in, it’ll be for handoffs to the RB.

Not sure why they brought dungey in if they are not even going to give him an opportunity. Did they just want someone to run a scout team at practice. Sucks
That’s exactly why they brought him in.

it’s called a ‘camp arm’.

and he should be proud to have been given the chance.

he will eventually get garbage snaps so the team photographer can get him in one as nice keepsake for friends and family.