Dungey throwing balls in the dirt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey throwing balls in the dirt

That hit (and the kt tape in game and ice pack after) were to his left shoulder. Damn details, I know.

No, that was mirror image in a photo. Go back and watch the tape. The impact was with his right shoulder. He's also been wearing some kind of bandage on his throwing shoulder.

No, that was mirror image in a photo. Go back and watch the tape. The impact was with his right shoulder. He's also been wearing some kind of bandage on his throwing shoulder.
Yeah, he's been wearing the physiotape since that hit.

Ok, I stand corrected...all this time I thought it was the left.:oops:

This is dead on. The "too muscular" for this or that is an old, outdated narrative.
This is either an injury issue or a mechanical issue or a combination of the two.
Another poster referenced hall of fame NFL QBs who are not bulky to support this argument. For a guy with Dungeys somatatype, building mass takes a great deal of time and effort. NFL QBs have to prioritize their time and therefore choose to spend more time on general physical preparedness, film study and throwing mechanics rather than devote it to gaining and maintaining muscle mass.
Also, there are plenty of baseball players that are more muscular than ED and don't have any problems with throwing.

NFL qbs have all the time in the world to train specifically and still dont have the guns ED does. they arent in class as fb is their gig 24/7. His delivery is stiff and i would like some evidence of this phantom injury that was slapped on him after the WMU game. T

As for baseball players as big as ED? The closest might be Stanton but his frame is more long and his muscle is less bulk, more chisel. other than that, the roid era is over and never saw a posiiion player other than saw camminetti or bagwell with guns. We know caminettis deal and bagwell didn't have to throw the ball. Never see a right fielder or pitcher with big delts and biceps. Judge is a large man, long and athletic and does it with physics.

His delivery is stiff and i would like some evidence of this phantom injury that was slapped on him after the WMU game.
SU vs FSU

Watch his first pass at the 3:43 mark of the video. He hops up and down after the pass then comes off the field not moving his right arm when he runs off the field. The way he is holding his arm looks like he may have pinched a nerve or pulled something.

NFL qbs have all the time in the world to train specifically and still dont have the guns ED does. they arent in class as fb is their gig 24/7. His delivery is stiff and i would like some evidence of this phantom injury that was slapped on him after the WMU game. T

As for baseball players as big as ED? The closest might be Stanton but his frame is more long and his muscle is less bulk, more chisel. other than that, the roid era is over and never saw a posiiion player other than saw camminetti or bagwell with guns. We know caminettis deal and bagwell didn't have to throw the ball. Never see a right fielder or pitcher with big delts and biceps. Judge is a large man, long and athletic and does it with physics.
Dude, you're not even trying at this point. Is Dungey bigger than Aaron Judge? Mike Trout? Pedro Strop, Cubs reliever, has bigger arms and delts than Dungey. You may be too young to remember Jose Canseco or Sammy Sosa, Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez...and oh yeah, Barry Bonds.
And I think you're overestimating the amount of time NFL QBs have for weight training. Regardless, they aren't jacked because they don't want or need to be, not because size is detrimental.
As for the injury to EDs right shoulder, he's had it taped since halftime of the WMU game.

Last edited:
Ish88888 can’t u keep mobility with size as long as your stretching at all times through lifting. Does fascia stretching help at all with mobility or is that a myth. I still think he is hurt or my head makes me hope he is cause it’s ugly right now watching him throw.

Rotator cuff? Partially torn with over stretched biceps ligaments would reduce power and overextend follow thru causing throws into the ground. Does that to pitchers.

Anyone that has ever thrown in constant pain also knows it gets in your head and often you short arm or over compensate and a break down of mechanics occurs. Not only this, but often you end up hurting another part of your body as a result of improper mechanics. I really hope he isn't hurt and doing this and it's just something that can be fixed for the next 6 or 7 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom