Durell Eskridge Makes Orange Nation Proud While Ending His Career | Syracusefan.com

Durell Eskridge Makes Orange Nation Proud While Ending His Career

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
But at the same time, some - including free agent Durell Eskridge - expressed their doubts that Hernandez had killed himself just days after he was acquitted of a 2012 double murder.

'Aaron Hernandez really come on man. It's some flaky about this,' Eskridge wrote. 'He can't be that depressed if he just beat two bodies. He knew he wasn't gone appeal for another 10 years an (sic) that probably was eating him up.'

'Not sayin (sic) he's innocent but it do (sic) look kind of funny when a guy who just won 2 murder cases is found dead in his cell in general population.'

I see nothing wrong with that

Prisons have a funny way of hiding things

Things happen that look one way but are blurry in reality

I'm not going to pretend to know what happened besides his ultimate death, just saying, things happen.

My father worked in Auburn for 32 years and I have many friends working Auburn and Cayuga. Prisons are a dirty place and things often times are metted out a little bit different than expected.

But at the same time, some - including free agent Durell Eskridge - expressed their doubts that Hernandez had killed himself just days after he was acquitted of a 2012 double murder.

'Aaron Hernandez really come on man. It's some flaky about this,' Eskridge wrote. 'He can't be that depressed if he just beat two bodies. He knew he wasn't gone appeal for another 10 years an (sic) that probably was eating him up.'

'Not sayin (sic) he's innocent but it do (sic) look kind of funny when a guy who just won 2 murder cases is found dead in his cell in general population.'
If he just beat two bodies? Good god man...

I see nothing wrong with that

Prisons have a funny way of hiding things

Things happen that look one way but are blurry in reality

I'm not going to pretend to know what happened besides his ultimate death, just saying, things happen.

My father worked in Auburn for 32 years and I have many friends working Auburn and Cayuga. Prisons are a dirty place and things often times are metted out a little bit different than expected.

Agreed. My buddies who work at great meadows have said the same. We all rolled our eyes at the story today. Things 'happen'.

See nothing wrong with this, more so our interpretation of what he's saying.

I think if you buy the suicide line without any reservations, you're just as crazy as someone who believes something fishy went down. Prisons are weird and filled with dangerous people. Being famous isn't a pass, in some ways I'd bet it's a target.

We'll likely never know.

Side note: A guy from his background in FL is going to see the criminal justice system in a much different way than a lot of people who post here.

I think if you buy the suicide line without any reservations, you're just as crazy as someone who believes something fishy went down. Prisons are weird and filled with dangerous people. Being famous isn't a pass, in some ways I'd bet it's a target.

We'll likely never know.

Side note: A guy from his background in FL is going to see the criminal justice system in a much different way than a lot of people who post here.

i totally understand what you are saying and I'm kind of on the fence about my thoughts on entire situation - but "He can't be that depressed if he just beat two bodies" is just an inexcusable thing to say in this situation for a few different reasons. No matter the circumstances, you have to be better than that.

Hernandez did this as a calculated move. He got off the double murder charges, and was appealing Odin Lloyd's murder. By killing himself, he was technically considered by the courts to be not guilty, which allows his family to inherit his estate. He also was able to see his family one last time the other day during the trial.

With that knowledge, it's definitely less fishy.

Hernandez's agent said the same thing as Eskridge. Why aren't people upset at him?

We'll likely never know.

Some people need to be reminded of their ignorance and privileges they've been afforded.

Someone from his background and considering where he is from has seen a number of friends and/or family wind up on the wrong side of the tracks and has likely heard more than a few stories of corrupt COs. Fishy things happen all of the time; look at the number of incidents at Rikers that guards have been involved in.

i totally understand what you are saying and I'm kind of on the fence about my thoughts on entire situation - but "He can't be that depressed if he just beat two bodies" is just an inexcusable thing to say in this situation for a few different reasons. No matter the circumstances, you have to be better than that.

I guess I am having trouble figuring out what offends you so much on that comment. It's a phrase I have seen used a lot. Just knowing the AK47 story i posted above it gives you a small glimpse into his life growing up and how he sees the world (or what phrases he uses)

I guess I am having trouble figuring out what offends you so much on that comment. It's a phrase I have seen used a lot. Just knowing the AK47 story i posted above it gives you a small glimpse into his life growing up and how he sees the world (or what phrases he uses)

Won't speak for CusefanATL, but personally I find it disappointing when that's still the way a guy chooses to comment after having spent a few years as an SU student. One might hope that his time at the university would have smoothed out some of those rough edges.

Won't speak for CusefanATL, but personally I find it disappointing when that's still the way a guy chooses to comment after having spent a few years as an SU student. One might hope that his time at the university would have smoothed out some of those rough edges.

It was two tweets. It wasn't a 60 minutes interview.

I take it you don't like Anthony Smith either?

I take it you don't like Anthony Smith either?

Didn't say I don't like Durrell. Disappointment in how he expresses himself is not the same thing as not liking him.

Didn't say I don't like Durrell. Disappointment in how he expresses himself is not the same thing as not liking him.

Ok so I can rephrase: I take it you don't like the way Durrell or Anthony Smith express themselves on twitter

Ok so I can rephrase: I take it you don't like the way Durrell or Anthony Smith express themselves on twitter

Accurate for Durrell in this case. From what I remember of some of Anthony's tweets, accurate in those instances as well.

Some people need to be reminded of their ignorance and privileges they've been afforded.

I'm sorry, but what the hell does that mean? Does that mean if we didn't grow up in a car and the backstreets we can't have an opinion on either the situation or the comments?

Tweets are kind of a big deal nowadays. Talking about mental illness is kind of a big deal nowadays. I dont know what beating 2 bodies actually means and a quick google search and a quick urban dictionary led me nowhere, but I assume its something to so with beating a double murder charge when at the very least he was involved in 2 people dying. He was found not guilty. but Im pretty sure it was a fact that he wasnt an innocent by stander.

Like I said, I totally understand what cusian is saying and when i said i'm on the fence about the entire situation - i meant eskridge's tweets in particular. But he went to college too. we are holding him by a different standard. its a complicated situation. Im no perfect tweeter by any means - but if i said what he said, it would be offensive - because it is an offensive thing to say regardless of background and culture. if you said the same thing while in ticket sales for the patriots (hypothetical but kind of based in your past), there is a chance it goes viral and you get fired.

TBH, a rational explanation could be that his lawyer (or someone) coached him into suicide. I assume you know that his conviction is going to be thrown out and can no longer be used in civil suits. If his family can keep more money now, that gives a reason for the suicide for someone who had no hope of ever seeing freedom again except for maybe some random technicality in the future.

Tweets are kind of a big deal nowadays. Talking about mental illness is kind of a big deal nowadays. I dont know what beating 2 bodies actually means and a quick google search and a quick urban dictionary led me nowhere, but I assume its something to so with beating a double murder charge when at the very least he was involved in 2 people dying. He was found not guilty. but Im pretty sure it was a fact that he wasnt an innocent by stander.

Like I said, I totally understand what cusian is saying and when i said i'm on the fence about the entire situation - i meant eskridge's tweets in particular. But he went to college too. we are holding him by a different standard. its a complicated situation. Im no perfect tweeter by any means - but if i said what he said, it would be offensive - because it is an offensive thing to say regardless of background and culture. if you said the same thing while in ticket sales for the patriots (hypothetical but kind of based in your past), there is a chance it goes viral and you get fired.

TBH, a rational explanation could be that his lawyer (or someone) coached him into suicide. I assume you know that his conviction is going to be thrown out and can no longer be used in civil suits. If his family can keep more money now, that gives a reason for the suicide for someone who had no hope of ever seeing freedom again except for maybe some random technicality in the future.

I've watched enough TV and listened to enough music to know that 'beating 2 bodies' is going to court and not being convicted of that murder charge.

He is currently employed with the Arizona Cardinals - if they do not have any issue with that tweet then neither do i. I know that twitter is a bigger deal than it ever used to be but he has less than 1,000 followers. It got 1 retweet. Calling attention to it like this just makes it a bigger deal when in reality it's nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom