Durell Eskridge Makes Orange Nation Proud While Ending His Career | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Durell Eskridge Makes Orange Nation Proud While Ending His Career

I talk with professionals totally different than the people I grew up with. Eskridge was talking as if he was having a conversation with his boys. He could have chose better words. Maybe he didnt realize it would get out publicly. As a african American I dont think its fair to say its acceptable to talk like that just because of what you been through, but sometimes your life experiences causes you to talk a certain way. If that makes sense at all. lol

I talk with professionals totally different than the people I grew up with. Eskridge was talking as if he was having a conversation with his boys. He could have chose better words. Maybe he didnt realize it would get out publicly. As a african American I dont think its fair to say its acceptable to talk like that just because of what you been through, but sometimes your life experiences causes you to talk a certain way. If that makes sense at all. lol

It does. That's kind of what I was getting at.

Family lawyers extended an invitation to the patriots to pay his daughter his 6 million today. So it begins

Oh I agree I just am always disgusted by lawyers finding a Bs way of making people pay. It will be well your game made him get cte and he didn't know what he was signing. So we want all his money or something like that
At 30-50% contingent fee per dollar "recovered", some lawyer or law firm will likely take a swing at it.

Family lawyers extended an invitation to the patriots to pay his daughter his 6 million today. So it begins
Pretty sure there needs to be a lot of stuff done legally before that could happen.

Hernandez did this as a calculated move. He got off the double murder charges, and was appealing Odin Lloyd's murder. By killing himself, he was technically considered by the courts to be not guilty, which allows his family to inherit his estate. He also was able to see his family one last time the other day during the trial.
Spot on. Using a technicality to preserve as much of the wealth he amassed for his family.

He was found not guilty. but Im pretty sure it was a fact that he wasnt an innocent by stander.
The only fact in this is that he was in fact found not guilty. Your second statement is in fact false.

TBH, a rational explanation could be that his lawyer (or someone) coached him into suicide. I assume you know that his conviction is going to be thrown out and can no longer be used in civil suits. If his family can keep more money now, that gives a reason for the suicide for someone who had no hope of ever seeing freedom again except for maybe some random technicality in the future.
Honestly, I don't think it would have been a lawyer coaching him, but more likely a financial adviser of sorts. The lawyers still have to collect their outstanding fees from the estate, so I'd be less likely to point a finger in their direction.

The only family that will get $$$ is odin lloyds

The only fact in this is that he was in fact found not guilty. Your second statement is in fact false.

Honestly, I don't think it would have been a lawyer coaching him, but more likely a financial adviser of sorts. The lawyers still have to collect their outstanding fees from the estate, so I'd be less likely to point a finger in their direction.

1. Not really. The defense was pointing the finger at Hernandez's friend who was with him regarding the spilled drink. The spilled drink confrontation was agreed upon. He also stashed the car at his secret house for months. Therefore, he was not an innocent bystander.

2. someone needs to know the technicalities of the law that seemed to come as a surprise to most of the nation and the press. Maybe a FA who know that, im not sure - but i highly doubt AH knew the nuances of MA law on his own - which was the point. Not sure what your deal is with me, but you're being awfully nitpiky.

Spot on. Using a technicality to preserve as much of the wealth he amassed for his family.

If anyone coached him into doing it, it was most likely other inmates. I work in that environment, and most of the inmates could probably pass the Bar exam if they needed too. Inmates advise other inmates on legal strategies all the time. Every prison has a law library, and most inmates take full advantage of it.

The only family that will get $$$ is odin lloyds

Not necessarily, if his murder conviction of Lloyd is overturned it makes it far more difficult for them to get anything. Which it most likely will.

Not necessarily, if his murder conviction of Lloyd is overturned it makes it far more difficult for them to get anything. Which it most likely will.
Why? You can get a civil judgment without a conviction. That happened to OJ.

Families Will Suffer for Aaron Hernandez's Suicide

makes it much more difficult and longer - also OJ criminal and civil cases didnt depend on criminals ratting criminals out. in 1 case getting immunity to do so, in the other, not getting immunity.
It's not really all that difficult. His murder cas conviction had a ton of evidence, much more so than this double that had almost nothing.

It's not really all that difficult. His murder cas conviction had a ton of evidence, much more so than this double that had almost nothing.

Im no legal expert, so I don't have the answers for ya, but you are the only person I can find that is saying the suicide won't impact the civil case negatively for the victims.

Im no legal expert, so I don't have the answers for ya, but you are the only person I can find that is saying the suicide won't impact the civil case negatively for the victims.
It means they cannot rely on the guilty verdict and just prove up damages. But they can still try the case and likely win. The evidence was overwhelming in that case.

If she gets paid all over the place like the lawyer is lining up the civil case will get settled. The defendant being dead makes it much harder to try in civil court. The family lawyers know this and will take a deal for much less than what they would have pushed for if he was alive.

1. Not really. The defense was pointing the finger at Hernandez's friend who was with him regarding the spilled drink. The spilled drink confrontation was agreed upon. He also stashed the car at his secret house for months. Therefore, he was not an innocent bystander.

2. someone needs to know the technicalities of the law that seemed to come as a surprise to most of the nation and the press. Maybe a FA who know that, im not sure - but i highly doubt AH knew the nuances of MA law on his own - which was the point. Not sure what your deal is with me, but you're being awfully nitpiky.
Wasn't trying to be overly nitpicky, or attacking, but see now that could have been construed that way. Apologies as that's not my style.

It means they cannot rely on the guilty verdict and just prove up damages. But they can still try the case and likely win. The evidence was overwhelming in that case.

But yet, every legal expert I have seen says this is very damaging to the victims families. LIterally every single 1.

Again, I dont have any legal expertise - but if I recall, there was no evidence who fired the gun. They needed the "rat" which was a huge deal at the time. And now they cant use his testimony from the trial (which the would have been able to use) and there is no way they'll get him to the witness stand with no immunity.

Just to make it clear - This is just a guess/hunch. If someone with any legal training says im wrong, I'm not goign to defend my opinion much. Ill fold faster than a cheap suit. Just the gist I am getting from reading quotes from the legal experts on the civil case.

Edit: Hernandez accomplice labeled a 'rat' in his neighborhood

Last edited:
IMG_0794.PNG

He'll be able to bequeath his estate to his wife/daughter, but his bonus isn't happening.

"hedge accordingly dot com" seems like a more reliable source than the Globe?
The statement from the lawyer is all that's really important. They are going after the patriots for the bonus and expect to get it now that he has been cleared of charges.

The statement from the lawyer is all that's really important. They are going after the patriots for the bonus and expect to get it now that he has been cleared of charges.
I haven't seen any legitimate legal theory/argument that would support this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom