During all these years | Syracusefan.com

During all these years

GooseMutt

All Conference
besides Melo, which player we over the years recruited got you the most excited to get.

I’ve gotta tell you for me it’s Bazely. The more tape I watch the more blown away I become. Who’s gonna cover this guy with that size and handle. Not to mention his B.B. I Q.

besides Melo, which player we over the years recruited got you the most excited to get.

I’ve gotta tell you for me it’s Bazely. The more tape I watch the more blown away I become. Who’s gonna cover this guy with that size and handle. Not to mention his B.B. I Q.

In terms of genuine excitement post-Melo, I think Paul Harris is still the recruit this board was most collectively excited about. All the Chuck Norris jokes, etc.

A8E1170C-E070-4460-9D26-B59E74D265A6.jpeg

I was really excited to get Fab & followed his recruitment/announcement by the minute, constantly refreshing the page. It all seemed to come together so fast & then it was down to us & Pitino. RIP

RAXMAS, fab and dajuan c. were all top rated center prospects in their class (and we found a gem in moose man). after years of failure landing the top big guys i really thought we'd turned a corner in recruiting.
unfortunately since then...

Last edited:
Post-Melo -- for me it was CJ Fair and Dion Waiters. Both lived up to the billing.

I wasn't as excited about Harris, after watching him play. Was worried about his lack of perimeter game for a player that size. Fwhatmancuse -- who rarely posts -- was spot on about Flynn being the much better component of that package deal.

To a lesser extent, I was excited about Frank and Battle. Both met my expectations.

VERY excited about Bazley -- I think he has a great chance to be the best recruit since Melo, and the next great player in ORANGE.

Post Melo it’s Harris and it’s not close.
harris begat flynn. it was no doubt a package deal from buffalo.

(paul harris was selected preseason rookie of the year by the coaches.)

harris begat flynn. it was no doubt a package deal from buffalo.

(paul harris was selected preseason rookie of the year by the coaches.)
100% was a package deal.

Post-Melo -- for me it was CJ Fair and Dion Waiters. Both lived up to the billing.

I wasn't as excited about Harris, after watching him play. Was worried about his lack of perimeter game for a player that size. Fwhatmancuse -- who rarely posts -- was spot on about Flynn being the much better component of that package deal.

To a lesser extent, I was excited about Frank and Battle. Both met my expectations.

VERY excited about Bazley -- I think he has a great chance to be the best recruit since Melo, and the next great player in ORANGE.
Yeah love that Waiters committed so early and of course his swag. He talked the talk and walked the walk. I also agree that Bazley is super special

honestly I used to get excited about the recruiting process a lot more, when we had some great folks on here who used to go to ABCD camps and Nike Elite tournaments back in the day to report who we were chasing and how they fit in our system, etc. Just seeing how many stars and a kid's youtube highlight reels, doesn't impact me the same way, so I have a hard time getting too excited about a recruit these days until they step on campus and we get practice reports.

In terms of importance I think Moten was a great get, along with wallace, and Warrick since it was our fallback option that year, who exceeded expectations wildly... and Waiters who was had an nba body and swag to match. That's what I am hoping for, for next year... Dion's sophomore season we had legit 7-8 starters, so our second team always beat the opposing team's subs. Was a great feeling knowing there wasn't a drop off if we needed a sub.

Post Melo it’s Harris and it’s not close.
The most hyped players from the post-Melo era (in chronological order):
1. Devo
2. Harris
3. Greene
4. McCullough
5. Battle

Bazley probably knocks McCullough out of the top five.

CJ was up there for me even though he was "just" a 4-star. He had some good highlight reels.

Paul Harris for me and now Bazley. The hype and buzz for Paul on campus when he arrived was nuts. People said he could be the next Melo. For an undersized 3, he had a decent career. He wasn't 6'5", I can tell you that much.

Baz is going to be special. 6-9 with amazing skills. Looks to be a 3 in the NBA but will pay 2 3 4 for us. Reminds me a little of Magic.

Post-Melo was Paul Harris. I saw him play in person before he came to Cuse and he dominated against a very good team. He was on another level and could basically do anything he wanted.

Last edited:
Post Melo Harris...pre-Melo Owens.

I don't think people remember how crazy the expectations were for Owens.

Pearl was kinda odd. It was on national Tv, but recruiting wasn't that well followed then.

I don't ever recall a high school player bring on the cover of sports illustrated before, unless maybe Alcindor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom