EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

It’s the one thing that’s annoying because defense is such a challenge so you can’t offset it on the other side of the ball well. It also though adds the lack of parity reality in that certain programs just don’t beat others outside extreme anomalies so trying to recreate that in a game requires some extremes and unrealistic settings.
Except it only happens on the road. And any real life QB is still able to see a receiver and throw to him. I've never seen a QB say "I saw 81 open on the side but when I tried to throw to him it went to 89 on the quick in that got picked because it was triple coverage."
Back in old college football, your line would just get manhandled to the point you couldn't win. I'd create a "Cupcake" school (D- ratings in all categories. No players ranked over 70). When I'd play any P5 program my line was swiss cheese. You can't run, you have .5 seconds to pass. I couldn't beat that but I could still actually see the receivers and didn't feel that it was unrealistic. ? marks over my players heads is unrealistic and not wanted.

Also this is easily overcome after 1 or 2 seasons with the same playbook so it's just an annoyance more than anything.

SEC privilege?

If it's in the game, it's in the game I guess.
Know what was in the game? When I went up by 21 in the 4th, the crowd starting chanting S-E-C, S-E-C. I just about fell off my couch laughing. (Brought back some real life memories of a BC game a few years or decades ago).

Except it only happens on the road. And any real life QB is still able to see a receiver and throw to him. I've never seen a QB say "I saw 81 open on the side but when I tried to throw to him it went to 89 on the quick in that got picked because it was triple coverage."
Back in old college football, your line would just get manhandled to the point you couldn't win. I'd create a "Cupcake" school (D- ratings in all categories. No players ranked over 70). When I'd play any P5 program my line was swiss cheese. You can't run, you have .5 seconds to pass. I couldn't beat that but I could still actually see the receivers and didn't feel that it was unrealistic. ? marks over my players heads is unrealistic and not wanted.

Also this is easily overcome after 1 or 2 seasons with the same playbook so it's just an annoyance more than anything.

If you memorize which players are which button…it doesn’t matter if they have a ? as their icons

It’s designed to make it a challenge…

Know what was in the game? When I went up by 21 in the 4th, the crowd starting chanting S-E-C, S-E-C. I just about fell off my couch laughing. (Brought back some real life memories of a BC game a few years or decades ago).
I had the same chant in a game where neither team played in the SEC

If you memorize which players are which button…it doesn’t matter if they have a ? as their icons

Yeaaa but if you accidentally grabbed a left-handed cigarette (LHC) it doesn't matter how hard you stare at the playbook. It doesn't matter how many seconds you pull up the routes as they're walking up to the line, as soon as you snap the ball it's all just a buncha dudes running around and you don't remember which button throws to who.

Usually in the "squiggly line + LHC situation", I'll make sure to have someone going across the middle, and one guy on an out. Then I just need to remember which buttons those two are, and if I can't get them open I'll use whatever wheels the QB has.

This is exactly why it's poorly implemented. After 1 or 2 seasons running a playbook, it becomes moot. So all it really accomplishes is a hinderance to new players or your 1st season running a new playbook. It's a poor attempt to do something which was already done much better in older iterations.

Why is defense randomly so hard?
I think you are referring to what I call God mode. At certain points, opposition enters God Mode and cannot be stopped. I've also experienced the reverse of this on offense which I call Grob mode where it becomes impossible to move the ball. I couldn't complete a pass to save my life. Any little bump he dropped it, wide open the QB threw it 10 yards short.

God mode is difficult to stop, VT went into GM during the 2nd half of the ACC championship and overcame a 17 point deficit. It was my only loss on a NC team.

Grob mode is more about time/momentum. - I started one game on the road and realized my team came out in Grob mode. I recognized it by the 2nd drive so I just ran zone inside/outside and let the clock wind down. As soon as the 2nd quarter started, my QB was hitting his throws fine and magically my WRs could catch in single coverage.

I think you are referring to what I call God mode. At certain points, opposition enters God Mode and cannot be stopped. I've also experienced the reverse of this on offense which I call Grob mode where it becomes impossible to move the ball. I couldn't complete a pass to save my life. Any little bump he dropped it, wide open the QB threw it 10 yards short.

God mode is difficult to stop, VT went into GM during the 2nd half of the ACC championship and overcame a 17 point deficit. It was my only loss on a NC team.

Grob mode is more about time/momentum. - I started one game on the road and realized my team came out in Grob mode. I recognized it by the 2nd drive so I just ran zone inside/outside and let the clock wind down. As soon as the 2nd quarter started, my QB was hitting his throws fine and magically my WRs could catch in single coverage.

You playing on AA or Heisman?

I'm convinced it's just the game's AI, and the game gets harder when you get up big or easier when you get down big.

I blew a 27 point lead at home, my WRs were dropping every pass and RBs were getting stuffed after 2 yards, while every play on D had a wide open receiver or multiple missed tackles.

I'm convinced it's just the game's AI, and the game gets harder when you get up big or easier when you get down big.

I blew a 27 point lead at home, my WRs were dropping every pass and RBs were getting stuffed after 2 yards, while every play on D had a wide open receiver or multiple missed tackles.

I agree on this take. It's happened the same to me get up real big and all of a sudden can't do anything in offense and the computer starts going off pulling off crazy catches and jukes.

I agree on this take. It's happened the same to me get up real big and all of a sudden can't do anything in offense and the computer starts going off pulling off crazy catches and jukes.

I’ve also experienced this where I am up by 3/4 TDs and the game ends up being won by a FG

Year 2 - crush Cal and @ Syracuse. Then struggle with Ball State and Kennessaw before losing @ Buffalo. I throw 4 INT's a game.

Wild games as I’m still in year 1. Beat UNLV 52-13, Beat NC State 33-28 after being down 21-0 at half and picking off McCall twice in the end zone. Proceeded to struggle with 1-5 Pitts run game and beat them 49-41 after going down 28-7 early then lost my first game when I super simmed the last 4 minutes against VT having to leave because of company yesterday. The simulation took my 24-7 lead and in 4 minutes VT tied it then stole it in OT to win 31-24. Only ranked win I would have had but nope lol.

I’ve accidentally changed the “camera” view a couple of times and have no idea how to change it back. It’s so disconcerting.

Agreed with the AI getting a bit crazy
Had 3 offense plays in a row where I fumbled when up by 28 and of course the computer scores each time after the fumble
They seem to try to force close games to often

Oh another note just started my Dynasty with UMASS, currently 2-2 in year one on AA

#UMASSTOBIGTEN

I’ve accidentally changed the “camera” view a couple of times and have no idea how to change it back. It’s so disconcerting.
If it ps5. Press the directional pad up or down before you hike it

If it ps5. Press the directional pad up or down before you hike it
This is the same for Xbox. TBC, d-pad up or down, not the sticks. I did this to myself for 2 plays, stopped the game and looked it up. I am NOT playing in Atari 2600 mode.

Has anyone landed a top five class yet?

I finally went HAM and landed 14 four stars, 19 three stars and 2 two stars, and still only had 13th best class.

I've only landed one five star in four seasons

Has anyone landed a top five class yet?

I finally went HAM and landed 14 four stars, 19 three stars and 2 two stars, and still only had 13th best class.

I've only landed one five star in four seasons
I landed first 5 star and it wasn’t a need unfortunately. I haven’t filled a class up with 35. I think I have 22 Kids. Might be 21st rated class

i haven’t cracked top 15 maybe not even 20

I landed first 5 star and it wasn’t a need unfortunately. I haven’t filled a class up with 35. I think I have 22 Kids. Might be 21st rated class

i haven’t cracked top 15 maybe not even 20
One thing I found out and maybe it's nothing but I just hired a couple coordinators that were recruiters and it's seemed to make it easier to land four star guys

I’m playing this season with auto-recruiting and I love it.