EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

how do people handle the play calls when the game gets so loud all the route buttons go away? are you just memorizing the play book?

how do people handle the play calls when the game gets so loud all the route buttons go away? are you just memorizing the play book?
Try to focus on two routes and hope one is open, worst case try to run with the QB
It's real tough when you have a low-level team at say VaTech...my poor Old Dominion QB was rattled lol

If you know the play roughly. You can keep checking it and it will show the play at some point

i was watching my kid play it at the higher levels and it never came back and the players ran the routes wrong on top of that,
Yup. If you’re not playing at least All American level you aren’t trying

I’m probably doing something wrong but find it hard to run the ball for more than 5-6 yards a time and rarely anything at 20. LQA also goes down at sign of first contact while other backs are impossible to stop. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m probably doing something wrong but find it hard to run the ball for more than 5-6 yards a time and rarely anything at 20. LQA also goes down at sign of first contact while other backs are impossible to stop. Am I doing something wrong?
Just follow your blockers and hit the hole?

I average like 200 yards a game with Louisiana Lafayette

One thing that helped me is learning to not hold down the sprint button(R2 or RT) unless you're in the open field. Makes it a lot easier to quickly change direction and run around linebackers.

i was watching my kid play it at the higher levels and it never came back and the players ran the routes wrong on top of that,
I love that aspect. You can try and audible but rattled players will run wrong route. It's great.

Players run the route wrong when you try to change their routes

Follow your blocks
Don't try to cut to much
When you find a lane and get past the line then boost that speed

One thing that helped me is learning to not hold down the sprint button(R2 or RT) unless you're in the open field. Makes it a lot easier to quickly change direction and run around linebackers.
I think this is a big part of it. Also every once in awhile I will hammer the L2 button instead and they randomly lateral the ball all over the field

Avoiding the urge to go full speed will make a big difference in your run game

As others said, patience, following your blocks, and using the juke moves wisely will get you those big gainers

Avoiding the urge to go full speed will make a big difference in your run game

As others said, patience, following your blocks, and using the juke moves wisely will get you those big gainers
Counterpoint:

talladega-nights-fastest.gif

I actually had to play Bama in the playoffs on the road. It was so bad that even once I snapped the ball, WRs would have ?'s over their heads. I think that's going too far. Once the play is underway at least give me the buttons. I don't know many QBs, even when rattled, who completely throw to the wrong receiver because the crowd was loud pre-snap.

I actually had to play Bama in the playoffs on the road. It was so bad that even once I snapped the ball, WRs would have ?'s over their heads. I think that's going too far. Once the play is underway at least give me the buttons. I don't know many QBs, even when rattled, who completely throw to the wrong receiver because the crowd was loud pre-snap.
SEC privilege?

If it's in the game, it's in the game I guess.

It’s the one thing that’s annoying because defense is such a challenge so you can’t offset it on the other side of the ball well. It also though adds the lack of parity reality in that certain programs just don’t beat others outside extreme anomalies so trying to recreate that in a game requires some extremes and unrealistic settings.

It’s the one thing that’s annoying because defense is such a challenge so you can’t offset it on the other side of the ball well. It also though adds the lack of parity reality in that certain programs just don’t beat others outside extreme anomalies so trying to recreate that in a game requires some extremes and unrealistic settings.
I humbly submit that most players don't play the game to experience that reality.