Early Enrollments... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Early Enrollments...

I think it depends on each season and who is available when it comes to how many qb's you have on your roster. Add to that how many that might change positions to play if they don't make it at qb because they usually were pretty good at defense or a solid athlete. I believe getting the 2 is a solid number to put it to what 5 ?

A couple points here:

2) On your first point, I tend to agree on the notion that Loeb is the odds on starter. What I would guess is that Loeb starts and whomever is deemed the "QB of the Future" will get some snaps and some series as the year goes along. But I would suggest that if Loeb is simply starting b/c he's experienced and a kid like Allen (or fill in the blank with another QB's name) is truly more gifted and physically ready to play, there should be some effort made to get that kid on the field. They simply don't have time to waste. I'm not saying rush a kid onto the field, but if you truly have a kid with excellent physical gifts and smarts, there should be some effort made to get him on the field.

On the "QB of the Future"...I've wondered if we hit that point where we are NOT going to bowl eligible this season then what happens - who gets the remaining snaps?

Would Marrone let Loeb/Hunt get their feet wet and take the remaining snaps or would he keep going with Nassib?

By the way, Savage, Dodd and Nova all played as true freshman.

I would say it's only too many if you don't have a scholarship to give out when you need one.

As for next year, who knows how many we'll have. QBs change position all the time, especially when they get recruited over.

It's too many if you need more schollies in other positions of need, like OL and LB.

Honest question: Would you rather have a QB that knows the entire playbook and is less talented? Or a guy who is much more talented and knows 50-75% of the playbook very, very well?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather have the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Not sure Loeb is that guy...

It's going to be Loeb next season.
Nothing wrong with that, he has done his part with the program and might be a pretty seasoned veteran we can have both Wilson and Allen learn from. Lets face it, regardless of what the ACC looks like this year, it will be a tuff schedule next year.

Honest question: Would you rather have a QB that knows the entire playbook and is less talented? Or a guy who is much more talented and knows 50-75% of the playbook very, very well?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather have the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Not sure Loeb is that guy...
He did win the Manning QB Award this summer!

How do you know that?

If Loeb throws an accurate ball (he does) and makes good reads (he does) and knows the playbook (he does) won't that make him a better option than a kid who hasn't practiced at QB this season in Ashton (he hasn't) or both kids in high school?

Loeb is the best option right now should Nassib get injured. Loeb will most likely be the best option next year, and I'm sure all the "fans" here won't give him any leash and call for his head if he makes a single mistake.

Bnoro, to the best of your knowledge what does the staff think of their stable of qb's

Bnoro, to the best of your knowledge what does the staff think of their stable of qb's
Last I heard (full disclaimer: before this season regarding QB's) Loeb would be the starter next year. Really up in the air on if Slashton can play QB full time. They would have loved to see what Hunt could do in spring ball, he really set himself back. Nothing else on the others (Kinder, Incoming Recruits).

IMO, Kinder is a meh option, wouldn't be surprised if he moved soon. Think Allen will Redshirt and be the starter once Loeb leaves. I think spring will be very interesting.

Last I heard (full disclaimer: before this season regarding QB's) Loeb would be the starter next year. Really up in the air on if Slashton can play QB full time. They would have loved to see what Hunt could do in spring ball, he really set himself back. Nothing else on the others (Kinder, Incoming Recruits).

IMO, Kinder is a meh option, wouldn't be surprised if he moved soon. Think Allen will Redshirt and be the starter once Loeb leaves. I think spring will be very interesting.
Really surprised Kinder hasn't moved yet if he is going to at all. Hoping that the competition in the Spring is wide open.