Early Signing period | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Early Signing period

Nick was my next door neighbor in Lansing. His daughter babysat for my daughter. Nick is one of the most introverted individuals i have ever known. Uncomfortably introverted. He was pleasant but always distant. His wife is a gem of a person. I believe that his public persona is a defense mechanism based on him being so uncomfortable in public as i do believe he is a good guy.

Nick was my next door neighbor in Lansing. His daughter babysat for my daughter. Nick is one of the most introverted individuals i have ever known. Uncomfortably introverted. He was pleasant but always distant. His wife is a gem of a person. I believe that his public persona is a defense mechanism based on him being so uncomfortable in public as i do believe he is a good guy.
Your description of Saban is funny as it is very similar to how my sister described Coach P at social gatherings when they lived in Texas. Jill is the outgoing one. Coach P only if the discussion was about football.

Football (Early Period for Division I) December 20, 2017 December 22, 2017
Football (Midyear JC Transfer) December 20, 2017 January 15, 2018

Just a reminder about the early signing days and the signing period for JUCOs. The early signing period is a three day period. I am sure that the SU coaches are having all the commits sign on Wed but there can always be a surprise.

Also the commits are not allowed to begin signing and submitting their NLIs until exactly 7:01 on Wed.

I'm assuming 7 am EST? Or 7PM and I don't have to be completely unproductive at work tomorrow.

Interesting, you don't usually find a lot of introverts coaching football or coaching high level sports in general.

I'm assuming 7 am EST? Or 7PM and I don't have to be completely unproductive at work tomorrow.
You assumed correctly. 7am EST Which means I will be walking the dog at the park, in the dark .

I've never advocated for pocketing ships but this is new territory. I think we should keeps a few free to see what shakes out of the trees.
I imagine there will be more than a few kids who are asked to hold off signing, those kids will see where they are in the pecking order and re-open their recruitment.

Well I hope that y'all will remain calm tomorrow if any of the SU commits don't sign. Remember if they aren't academically qualified they won't be signing.

Well I hope that y'all will remain calm tomorrow if any of the SU commits don't sign. Remember if they aren't academically qualified they won't be signing.

Thats the beauty of this early signing period. The factories cant back burner a kid and take his verbal while they wait the higher rated kid to get his academics straight. In the past, they wait until february and keep everyone on "verbaled". Now they cant take the flier on the kid who has academic issues because they lose the spot if he doesnt qualify.

Kids are probably being told they cant sign tomorrow, and suddenly see where they stand with said school.

Thats the beauty of this early signing period. The factories cant back burner a kid and take his verbal while they wait the higher rated kid to get his academics straight. In the past, they wait until february and keep everyone on "verbaled". Now they cant take the flier on the kid who has academic issues because they lose the spot if he doesnt qualify.

Kids are probably being told they cant sign tomorrow, and suddenly see where they stand with said school.
Or there are kids who are wavering and rethinking their commitments.

Make sure you keep your phone on, so you can see where you're walking of course.

How do so many kids get eligible to sign so early yet havent graduated? dont any of them have classes they have to pass still?

How do so many kids get eligible to sign so early yet havent graduated? dont any of them have classes they have to pass still?
giphy.gif

How do kids get accepted into colleges/universities before they graduate?!

Anyone have a feeling on who they think won't sign tomorrow?

Early Christmas, can't wait till tomorrow.

giphy.gif

How do kids get accepted into colleges/universities before they graduate?!

where does that happen? my kids didnt get accepted until mid spring which is typically after most schools have stopped reporting grades.

Dino babers is effin crazy. There were a few times after 9/11 were i could score a RT flight to EWR from SYR for like $105 all in, for various breaks/holidays. Many times they were turbo prop planes, and on two occasions i left in a snow much like Dino was leaving in the vid above. The first time i had to stop for deicing i almost crapped myself.

Hate flying turboprop puddle jumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom