Ed O out at LSU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Ed O out at LSU

You know Coach O reached out to SU in the past and expressed interest in being our HC right? You know he already coached here right? Sounds like he likes CNY.

You seem to have an inside line on his thought process, what has changed since last time he wanted to coach here?

He needed a job. Calling Danny Conley saying he needs a job...not exactly calling the Chancellor.

Les Miles took the Kansas job after he got fired from LSU.

That’s a good point. It might be refreshing for some coaches to come to a program with low expectations and whose fan base will love you if you go 6-6 each year. The expectations at LSU, USC are championships and 6-6 doesn’t cut it.

If he’s willing to settle for less than the stated buyout - there could be very good reasons to negotiate. Why do that?

Heard that this made history as no HC has been fired 21 months after winning a natty.

The athletic article says he flirted with the wife of a member of the LSU board.

That pissed off that board member and he obviously used the terrible last year and this year to get other board members to get O out.
Maybe she misunderstood what he said. He does have a thick accent.

Eddie O getting paid $17 MILLION to not coach for LSU anymore.

I think he should be able to
eke by on that for a few years.
between his ex-wife and numerous girlfriends and taxes, probably gets less than a 1/3 of that . I know, still pretty good

Guys/gals, with the Guice situation alone, there is no way in hell JW would even attempt to hire EO. Not happening.
This. 1000x this.

How in the world could you even contemplate hiring someone who is currently a defendant in a Title IX lawsuit? It's a nonstarter on its face, but even more so after the issues our AD has been through in the last 12 months.

This. 1000x this.

How in the world could you even contemplate hiring someone who is currently a defendant in a Title IX lawsuit? It's a nonstarter on its face, but even more so after the issues our AD has been through in the last 12 months.
Just can’t get that through to some of these folks.
Not a chance in hell ol Ed O ever leads the Orange.

I would love to see Coach O try and pronounce some of the names of Massachusetts towns we recruit out of.

Like, I can't imagine a funnier thing to watch than Ed Orgeron trying to pronounce Scituate, Leominster or Worcester.

He could recruit to SU all the French erons from Louisiana and Quebec and give Bergeron some company

nipples.gif

A school like ours would never hire Coach O, they value football but not to the extent that other P5's and the SEC do. He said he was taking a year off and if he does I'd think some ACC schools would be interested, even after this season I could see VA Tech or Miami wanting him, maybe even UNC is mack brown doesn't stick around much longer.

Just read the article by ESPN, seemed a lot of it was a hit piece leaked by LSU. If his players hated him so much they wouldn't have beaten top 20 florida with 20+ scholarship guys being injured and not dressing.

They can't be shocked that a coach would dare cuss out a player as literally anyone but dino does it. Obviously some of it was true but when you lose 14 players to the draft along with Chase who is a top 5 pick sitting out, Myles Brennan getting hurt you aren't in good shape. I think Ed would be the first to admit he screwed up but a lot of the article was grandstanding on stuff that is done throughout the nation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom