Ed O out at LSU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ed O out at LSU

I didn’t detect any effort whatsoever to explore whether there might be another side to the narrative the author was getting from the LSU athletic department. Sadly that is what passes for a lot of “journalism” these days.
Like maybe getting three sources? That article is one of the lamest “hit jobs” I’ve seen lol

You said “why in the heck would Ed O want to coach here”. I was letting you know that in fact he has already coached here and reached out to come back.

I don’t think Dino is let go after this year and if so I don’t think Coach O is the next hire but to say definitively he doesn’t want to come here(again) is silly
Nick Saban coached here too.

Coach O appears from my perspective at least to be a poor X and O’s guy. Good recruiter. But I don’t think he is our answer.

Marrone on the other hand, I’d take back as my #1.
I don't think I'd be able to handle the 4th and 1 punts from the 35 yard line. Marrone is the least aggressive, least analytical coach ever

1634512510690.png

I don't think I'd be able to handle the 4th and 1 punts from the 35 yard line. Marrone is the least aggressive, least analytical coach ever

Weird response. Did you watch the games. Guy kept half a roster of 0-2 stars in games against much better teams. We can’t even beat teams we should.

My god, this sounds like one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the earth actually. All this stuff and he won a national championship, has a winning record in the SEC, and win % against all Top 10 teams they’ve played.
Well, maybe the case could be made if not for the abrupt downward trend. That quality record doesn’t include “now” which is pretty darn important.

Nick Saban coached here too.
Did Saban ask to come back and be the head coach?

Your argument is silly. You have no way of knowing what the future holds for Coach O. You were probably saying Herm Edwards would never coach from NFL to Arizona State or Charlie Strong from Texas to South Florida. You just don’t know

Weird response. Did you watch the games. Guy kept half a roster of 0-2 stars in games against much better teams. We can’t even beat teams we should.
We can't beat teams we should?

Like whom?

Wake Forest? Clemson? Rutgers?

I am pretty sure SU has been a dog in every game tis season, including Ohio U, I think.

Last edited:
You said you didn't think he was the cleanest recruiter based on who he has worked for in the past.

You didn't include P on your list.
Think about what you're saying. He was a position coach under P for 3 seasons. He was assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator on the two staffs I mentioned. On those staffs, he much more involved with how they went about recruiting.

If the guy is employable after everything comes out what makes you think Syracuse would be on his top 25 list?He has plenty of money which wasn’t exactly the case when he might have been interested in the past. No logical reason at this point in his life to go to a place like Syracuse.
I don't know and neither do you. That is what i object to. You want to say we wouldn't or couldn't hire him, I have no problem with that. But in all walks of life, people resurrect their careers at all kinds of places. From everything I know, he had a great experience at Syracuse. We aren't that bad a place. If we are, we should just quit the sport.

Best in game adjustments

USC and LSU are now open. Miami and Nebraska could be open.

I don't think Fickell or Campbell are fits for LSU. I wonder if either fo the Stoops would be interested?
When we win our next 6, which job does Dino take?

Marrone would coach circles around our past coach and current coach and it’s not even close. He should be call 1, 2, and 3.

I was devastated when he left and would be doing cartwheels if he came back.

Reactions: FAL
Guys/gals, with the Guice situation alone, there is no way in hell JW would even attempt to hire EO. Not happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom