Educate Me Please | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Educate Me Please

The Vick one absolutly hurt. That guy was a game changer. I was at the Dome in 01? when Freeny sacked him like 4 times. Alas Vick got the last laugh and pulled off one of his patented 50 yard QB bootlegs to win in the 4th. I still remember that play, its like he hit the turbo button as soon as he was about to turn the corner. We had one or two guys that had the angle and then BOOM, Vick was gone. :(

True.

A program changer.

Changed everything.

Losing Vick hurt the most but SU would never have gone undefeated. VT played an easy OOC every year while SU never did.

I doubt that, but we certainly would have been a helluva lot better than 13-10 those 2 years.

Losing Vick crushed the program. Just crushed it.
They would have had the most explosive offensive and defensive players in college in Vick and Freeney. Vuck inbour offense would have been great. Teams playing from behind against us would have had to deal with Freeney with his ears pinned back.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Henny junior and senior year, 05 and 06 season. MW was mid to late 90s right???
Yes... I graduated in 1999. If my memory isn't failing me, he did as well.

The Brian Leonard ship sailed when we stopped recruiting his older brother Nate.

That was true initially, but I believe he was going to take an SU official in the Fall of his Senior year and may have been leaning that way at one point in the fall.

His brother was injured again in the early fall of that year and apparently it took the Rutgers' coaches and training staff until after signing day to tell him his career was over. They must have wanted to be sure :noidea:

Also, Coach P wanted him at linebacker and wasn't even willing to give him a shot at RB. I'm pretty sure that was the nail in the coffin.

I doubt that, but we certainly would have been a helluva lot better than 13-10 those 2 years.

Losing Vick crushed the program. Just crushed it.

Vick probably takes us to a BCS bowl in 1999. With Vick, we dont lose 60-0 in Blacksburg, you figure he makes up the point difference vs Michigan and Rutgers that year. We end up 10-2. 2000 is a different story, we probably don't do as well. But since we regress as a team, Vick DOESNT go pro, which means he sticks around for the 01 year, where we went 10-3 without him. Perhaps we only lose 1 of those games, Who knows. This is a stupid exercise lol

How about Melvin Gordon? IIRC we were in contention for him early and he's tearing it up at Wisky.

S Courtney Greene was another who jumped ship and went to Rutgers (with Rice) after P was fired. Great college player and he even put in a few good years in the NFL.

Xavier Lee.

It's funny. For every one of those "must get" guys who went someplace else and had great success, there are an equal number of "must get" guys who went someplace else and bombed out.

He could've walked in here and had a real shot at starting from day 1 but decided to compete with 5 others at FSU. He eventually saw the field down there jr. year I believe.

Aim lower, P would have kept his job if we beat Temple in '04.

2-9 Temple.

:)

If they had just figured out how to stop the immortal Walter Washington over left guard play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom