Edwards...from not being ready(per Boehiem)..... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Edwards...from not being ready(per Boehiem).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Joe is going to be really good this year. He had a rough year last year. At least most of the year. His ball handling under pressure is going to be something to monitor. Hopefully Benny can help him out a bit.
I mean, there is a certain amount of humor to saying that our 3rd year starting point guard could use help handling the ball under pressure from... a freshman forward.

Do you want to win in March? The best way is actually be good in the regular season.
That way you get a higher seed.

I don’t want to be the little engine that could that wins a couple of games.

2016 team was screwed by Jb’s suspension. That said we have been mediocre in the regular season for fair too long.
I don't really disagree - I don't want to be mediocre, and the 2015-20 results were disappointing. But I think the team was hurt more by NCAA sanctions than many people recognize. As this article contends, the five years of sanctions had a long-lasting negative effect: "It’s no coincidence that once the sanctions started to take effect, Boeheim has had his worst win totals through any six year stretch of his career, averaging just 19.5 wins per season." I hope 2020-21 wasn't a fluke, and that things are back on the right track now.

I mean, there is a certain amount of humor to saying that our 3rd year starting point guard could use help handling the ball under pressure from... a freshman forward.
Or that a center had to bring the ball up all year to save him multiple times last year.

End of the day we’re 56-38 since he’s been our point guard. That’s not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom