Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up

Theres a guy on the basketball board who tries to downplay the accomplishments of our HoF coach by hyping our players to ridiculous levels. I really think you guys would hit it off.

"DeStud" Williams, Eric Williams, Ethan Cole, Jonny "best guard in the history of ESPN" Flynn, and Craig "he's two and done" Forth...what are you talking about?

Theres a guy on the basketball board who tries to downplay the accomplishments of our HoF coach by hyping our players to ridiculous levels. I really think you guys would hit it off.

There's another guy on the football board who runs down coach P era players to build P up.

The irony is strong with CousCuse...calling someone else a troll in this thread.

There was a time when a troll of his ilk had the decency to at least stay hidden the whole weekend after their narrative went up in flames...I miss those days.Oh Lord

The irony is strong with CousCuse...calling someone else a troll in this thread.

There was a time when a troll of his ilk had the decency to at least stay hidden the whole weekend after their narrative went up in flames...I miss those days.Oh Lord
Your buddy is the one who wanted me to respond . I never post during up or down periods or during games .

By your logic , if ED got knocked out of that game and SU lost , Dino wouldn't be a good head coach ? Last year Dungey was an 18 year old high school kid who got beat up by P5 players and now he has got that experience under his belt and grown stronger , which has been a huge gain for Dino . I don't get your point other than trolling . I have witnessed many coaches lose early in their new job and then get the players with experience they want in place and start winning . I really don't like people who will attack a persons reputation on the internet and who would have acting totally different to their face . I would call it cowardly.

Thing is, we'd likely be 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 with shafer right now in his 4th year. You look around at coaches in their 4th years and they're doing pretty good. Doren at nit state, clawson at wake, pj fleck at western Michigan, there are some others.

I want coaches to get min 4 years but shafer had not shown any progress. He was still rebuilding in year 3 and woulda been in year 4. He didn't maintain and get better he regressed.

Maybe he took over in a bad spot but it doesn't matter. He butchered his first most important hire which was the OC.

And I loved shafer but I'm a realist, I try not to let biases cloud my judgement. He was not a good HC and put together a bad inexperienced staff to boot. (See OL)

Thing is, we'd likely be 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 with shafer right now in his 4th year. You look around at coaches in their 4th years and they're doing pretty good. Doren at nit state, clawson at wake, pj fleck at western Michigan, there are some others.

I want coaches to get min 4 years but shafer had not shown any progress. He was still rebuilding in year 3 and woulda been in year 4. He didn't maintain and get better he regressed.

Maybe he took over in a bad spot but it doesn't matter. He butchered his first most important hire which was the OC.

And I loved shafer but I'm a realist, I try not to let biases cloud my judgement. He was not a good HC and put together a bad inexperienced staff to boot. (See OL)
Everytime I defend SS people take it as an attack on DB , which it's not . You can honestly say that a coach who lost all of his QB's down to walk on's 2 years in a row is a bad coach ? If that happened this year I would say that you couldn't count that against Dino either . He had some bad luck at the most important position on the team , for that I give him a pass .

Everytime I defend SS people take it as an attack on DB , which it's not . You can honestly say that a coach who lost all of his QB's down to walk on's 2 years in a row is a bad coach ? If that happened this year I would say that you couldn't count that against Dino either . He had some bad luck at the most important position on the team , for that I give him a pass .

No. You downplay the new coach to prop up the old.

I rooted like hell for SS to succeed, but it became clear he wasn't the answer at HC. The win yesterday is better than any under SS. <drops mic>

No. You downplay the new coach to prop up the old.

I rooted like hell for SS to succeed, but it became clear he wasn't the answer at HC. The win yesterday is better than any under SS. <drops mic>
If you say so it must be true . As far as down playing the new coach , he is the NEW coach .

If you say so it must be true . As far as down playing the new coach , he is the NEW coach .
What is the point you are trying to make? All new coaches must be downplayed?

What is the point you are trying to make? All new coaches must be downplayed?
Why didn't Dino get signed by a power school ? Because they want to wait and see a bit more . All of what you call down playing is to just give him enough time before .com and maniacal fans go after him .

It really is unprecedented for a power five school to hire a coach from Bowling Green.

Why didn't Dino get signed by a power school ? Because they want to wait and see a bit more .

Assuming you're talking Bama's and FSU's of the world, because he had an offer from Missouri in the SEC.

Dino didn't get pulled by one of those schools because they can hire away from other P5, I wouldn't take that as an indictment against Dino. If that's what you're going with then so be it.

I'm not exactly sure what the point your trying to make is. Temper expectations? Obviously it's the first year, but those coaches had a great game plan and got the players to execute. Enjoy the win.

Why didn't Dino get signed by a power school ? Because they want to wait and see a bit more . All of what you call down playing is to just give him enough time before .com and maniacal fans go after him .
Why didn't Ohio State hire Urban Meyer when he was the Bowling Green HC in 2003-2004?
Why did Meyer have to go to Utah fro Bowling Green before Florida hired?

Dino Babers is the best thing to happen to SU FB since the 2001 football season.

This thread is nuts, shafer sucked, Dino doesn't. When did Shafer ever outscheme or get us a really good dome victory as a significant underdog.

Sounds like couscous needs one of Dino's kumbayah meetings, as those were for final buy in for all those still hanging onto the so called golden shafer years

Last edited:
Why didn't Ohio State hire Urban Meyer when he was the Bowling Green HC in 2003-2004?
Why did Meyer have to go to Utah fro Bowling Green before Florida hired?

Dino Babers is the best thing to happen to SU FB since the 2001 football season.

Because they had Tressel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom