Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up

i'm on the dino train. but let's talk. there are 6 games left. I don't see a win. that means 2-10, are we supposed to get excited about that?

No. But the record shouldn't be what you get excited about year one. It's about progress. You can argue this game was 2 steps back. That's fine. But I think we're headed in the right direction, record be damned.

Don't put words in my mouth. You are amongst a few on here that don't care to talk about the poor coaching of dino, just throw the shafer stuff at me. I love dino and his staff. Want him to succeed. I know shafer wasn't the answer. That said, shafer probably wins this game.

Huh? In what world?

Don't put words in my mouth. You are amongst a few on here that don't care to talk about the poor coaching of dino, just throw the shafer stuff at me. I love dino and his staff. Want him to succeed. I know shafer wasn't the answer. That said, shafer probably wins this game.
Shafer wins this game LOL. Okay sure.
We suck this is a total rebuild. We have no margin for error. I Had us going 5-7 this year we are likely going 2-1o to 4-8.
I am not blaming Babers for that. We couldn't pass or run block tonight. Is that Dino's fault?
Our D played well for them. We can't blame them but they didn't get off the field. The offense lost the game today.
I am willing to wait and not hammer this coach till he deserves it.

Shafer wins this game LOL. Okay sure.
We suck this is a total rebuild. We have no margin for error. I Had us going 5-7 this year we are likely going 2-1o to 4-8.
I am not blaming Babers for that. We couldn't pass or run block tonight. Is that Dino's fault?
Our D played well for them. We can't blame them but they didn't get off the field. The offense lost the game today.
I am willing to wait and not hammer this coach till he deserves it.

Lol, yes, the fact we couldn't run or pass tonight and the offense stunk IS dinos fault! Exactly!

Lol, yes, the fact we couldn't run or pass tonight and the offense stunk IS dinos fault! Exactly!
You explained it perfectly. Dino Babers is basically Rain from Mortal Kombat or Storm from the X-Men. He can make it rain, and he can make the wind blow.

How is it that Shafer was able to beat this team the last 2 years??
Wake was the worst team in P5 2 years ago and last year Wake destroyed us in the passing game but made a couple of mistakes. We were lucky to beat them last year.
We lose this game with Shafer/Babers almost non-elite HC.

I don't care what Babers inherited any coach is subject to criticism after that performance. The playcalling outside of the first quarter has been abysmal this year and there have been multiple questionable personnel decisions including Fredericks usage. This is Div 1 football, coaches are going to take flake after a performance like that. If your looking for blind allegiance I suggest checking out Utica or Ithaca College and familiarizing yourself with D3 football.

I don't understand what people are expecting. This game was brutal, yes. But the conditions were terrible for a passing offense and we are decimated on the OL and playing 3-star true freshmen all over the place while installing a brand new offense and defense...and yet people can't help but bitch and complain. This will be a LONG process but the end result WILL be college football relevancy for the first time in a long time.

I guess, really, I don't know what I'm expecting as complaints and venting are kind of the point of sports message boards

Wake was the worst team in P5 2 years ago and last year Wake destroyed us in the passing game but made a couple of mistakes. We were lucky to beat them last year.
We lose this game with Shafer/Babers almost non-elite HC.

Wake is the worst team talent wise that we have lost to since GRob. I was anti Shafer and I am pro Babers, but I think Shafer wins this game. His styel of D attacks the LOS and does better against the run. In the past it has also forced Wake into TOs. Babers refused to try to pass, even short passes. Wake didn't have a problem when they needed to pass. Neither did we really. It made zero sense. I think Lester's O would have done better. This was the worst called O game since 2009.

I don't care what Babers inherited any coach is subject to criticism after that performance. The playcalling outside of the first quarter has been abysmal this year and there have been multiple questionable personnel decisions including Fredericks usage. This is Div 1 football, coaches are going to take flake after a performance like that. If your looking for blind allegiance I suggest checking out Utica or Ithaca College and familiarizing yourself with D3 football.
Criticizing the coach is fair game but my post is directed at people who want to kill the coach and want to defend Shafer.
That is where my post was coming from.

I'm not as concerned about Babers as I am about Dungey. He's been pedestrian (at best) all season. But I'm willing to give him the entire season before freaking out about it.

Criticizing the coach is fair game but my post is directed at people who want to kill the coach and want to defend Shafer.
That is where my post was coming from.

I haven't seen anyoen call for Shafer to be re-hired or Babers fired. I think just about everyone is fine with give him at least 4 years to get this thing in the right direction. People are frustrated and Babers actions aren't matching his words with the playcalling so he's taking a beating. Welcome to big time Div 1.

The QB competition could be interesting next year.
Dungey has advanced the implementation of Baber's offensive concepts by at least 6 games if not 10 . A lot of QB's ( most ) in his situation would be a deer in the headlights for most of the first season , if they could run it at all .

I don't understand what people are expecting. This game was brutal, yes. But the conditions were terrible for a passing offense and we are decimated on the OL and playing 3-star true freshmen all over the place while installing a brand new offense and defense...and yet people can't help but bitch and complain. This will be a LONG process but the end result WILL be college football relevancy for the first time in a long time.

I guess, really, I don't know what I'm expecting as complaints and venting are kind of the point of sports message boards

Wolford had a stretch where he was 10-10 passing for 79 yards, most of which came while going against the wind in the 2nd Q.

Dungey has advanced the implementation of Baber's offensive concepts by at least 6 games if not 10 . A lot of QB's ( most ) in his situation would be a deer in the headlights for most of the first season , if they could run it at all .
oh come on, just stop it with this.

I haven't seen anyoen call for Shafer to be re-hired or Babers fired. I think just about everyone is fine with give him at least 4 years to get this thing in the right direction. People are frustrated and Babers actions aren't matching his words with the playcalling so he's taking a beating. Welcome to big time Div 1.
Yep giving it 4 years, if it doesn't happen by then gonna take up golfing and fishing and turn into an old man...

oh come on, just stop it with this.
New systems are always troublesome . What else do you want the guy to do , be perfect . Weak O-Line , no running game . Yeah , you're right , he sucks .

So none of you people remember the Maloney to Mac transition? Hiring a new coach with a new system doesn't magically produce a bowl eligible season overnight. But so many of you expected that and you were flat out wrong. Yes tonight sucked and was frustrating but give the man a chance.

Wolford had a stretch where he was 10-10 passing for 79 yards, most of which came while going against the wind in the 2nd Q.

Ya running short high efficiency passes against our incredibly young defense that is learning a new defensive system.

The main reason they won is they're in the third year of their rebuild and we're in year one.

The negativity in these threads is unbelievable.
I mean give the guy a bleeping chance. This threads are so stupid.
Babers is not Gerg, Babers is not shafer.

I swear we deserve to suck with the expectation of instant gratification our fanbase expects.
The weather killed our passing game tonight. Our Ol was without 3 starters. Can people just calm the hell down. We aren't a bowl team okay well give Dino a chance.
you don't think people are entitled to their own opinions on a sports message board? faith is great. But it is blind faith at this point. He has done nothing so far. Nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom