EJ MANUEL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

EJ MANUEL

Ryan Nassib must be fuming. Not just because Marrone didn't take him, but because Marrone not taking his own QB here sends a bad message to the other teams about him.
It sure does. Watch Nassib fall. His coach didn't even take him.

Reactions: cto
I'm glad he passed on Nassib. I think it's better for the NFL careers of both that Marrone did not draft Nassib.

Think about it, if Nassib is drafted by the Bills in the first round he is under a world of pressure to produce immediately... he would be expected to know the offense by heart and every move would be scrutinized to make sure he is not getting favoritism because of past history. It would just be a no win situation. No Ryan can go to a team without all of the expectations.

I honestly couldn't believe it. His deep ball is not stellar. He's athletic and has good short accuracy, that's about it...
Who does that sound like? Oh yeah, Ryan Nassib. According to Kiper, Manuel throws a good deep ball... not that that means dick.

Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

San Francisco just traded up. The Bills should have traded down with them. EJM would have been there at 31. Hell, he probably would have been there at 41.

Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

I wonder if Marrone was the one that told Nassib not to go to NYC.

I don't mind that EJ is the QB they chose, but it was a panic pick to take him with 16. Could have had him in the second.

Honestly, I like Manuel. I was thinking he'd be a great pick up in the 3rd round or so and maybe catch lightning in a bottle. Not as ready as Ryan, but imo has a higher ceiling.

Who does that sound like? Oh yeah, Ryan Nassib. According to Kiper, Manuel throws a good deep ball... not that that means dick.

Nassib actually has a very strong arm, he just has no touch. EJ Manuel's arm is very meh. He lobs it up on deep balls. And he is extremely careless...

BUT PUUUUUUGGHHHHH LETS GO!

love the pick... trade 8 for 16 then pick a third round rawdog...

sooo glad nassib not cursed in buffalo...

I wonder if Marrone was the one that told Nassib not to go to NYC.

I don't mind that EJ is the QB they chose, but it was a panic pick to take him with 16. Could have had him in the second.
How is that? The Eagles picked before the Bills in the 2nd and he wouldn't have gotten past Chip

haters-gonna-hate.gif

I'll admit I'm not crazy about the way Marrone left. No doubt he did a good job while here...but Marrone wouldn't be anywhere near an NFL head coaching job this year if it wasn't for Nassib.

In the long run I'm hoping that it works out to be a blessing for Ryan. With a good offensive line and some time to adjust to the pro game Nassib just might turn out to be a decent pro QB.

Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

San Francisco just traded up. The Bills should have traded down with them. EJM would have been there at 31. Hell, he probably would have been there at 41.

Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ING BILLS..A TEAM THAT TRADED UP TO TAKE JOHN MCCARGO IN THE FIRST ROUND. YES...THEY TRADED UP TO TAKE A GUY THAT WAS NOT EVEN PROJECTED TO GO IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS. LET ALONE TRADE DOWN. AND NO..I NEVER USE CAPS LOCK SO THAT SHOULD TELL YOU ABOUT MY FRUSTRATION WITH THIS FRANCHISE.

I wont mention they are also the franchise that thought they should trade up to get the likes of JP losman.

and a team that passed on Orakpo to take the Penn state bust master

This team is a joke in the front office. an absolute joke. its like every organization but the bills, raider, and jaguars has figured out how to be competitive at least once every few years.

Jeez.

Marrone knew that if Nassib was selected no matter who actually pulled the trigger it would be his pick. If Nassib failed, Marrone failed with him. At least this way if Manuel fails the fans would blame the GM and not Marrone. If I'm Doug I know I'm definitely not banking my whole career on Ryan Nassib as my franchise QB. Especially not with a first round pick.

This is a funny thread. People are implying that Marrone should base his pick on loyalty rather than what he feels is best for his team. His loyalty lies to the team he is coach of now. Not to individuals. And of course, who knows how much input he even really had. EJ manuel is a sure first bust. But that is beside the point.

I'm a Bills fan and all I know is I did not want Geno, Barkley, Glennon or Jones. Surprised by Manuel but he seems to have the highest ceiling out of any of the QBs in a weak QB class. Might not be the most ready but could very well be the most talented.

Marrone is proving to SU fans what we all knew, but hadn't had to really feel this close to home: Football is a business.

Doug's a football guy. I think he makes decisions based on his judgement as to who has the talent to get the job done. I'm not going to question his priority...or his ability to judge who fills those needs He seemed to be able to judge talent when he was here.

It just seems ironic that he was put in the position that he was.

At least this way if Manuel fails the fans would blame the GM and not Marrone.
Yeah, that doesn't really work.

Manuel fails, GM gets fired, Marrone escapes blame. New GM hired, immediate recognition - uh oh, Marrone's not the new GM's guy, is he?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I like the Bills and I like the pick. I'm sure Marrone had a lot of input on the pick. The man had great insights on 3 of the top QBs; he coached Nassib, beat Geno 3 times and faced off against Barkley too. No other coach in the NFL had a better feel on the QB class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom