EJ MANUEL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

EJ MANUEL

Yeah, that doesn't really work.

Manuel fails, GM gets fired, Marrone escapes blame. New GM hired, immediate recognition - uh oh, Marrone's not the new GM's guy, is he?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
not saying fired. im saying if they give manuel two years and he doesnt work out they move on. with nassib if he didnt work out after two years there would be alot of fans calling for marrone's head

Half way through the season this year, I bet that if asked, most of you here would have said that Manuel was atleast as good a QB as Nassib, if not better. I don't get the reaction here - Doug Marrone is getting paid to win football games in Buffalo, not make friends in Syracuse.

Bad year to be picking QBs. Bills needed one, but thought Manuel underachieved in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One word- upside

marrone has drafted a bust-
none of the qb's were firestarters- but ej is a complete bust imho- kid showed me nothing in the games i watched -

as a bills hater and a marrone can go jump off a bridge crew- this pick is awesome baby

The only reason Manuel has more upside or a higher ceiling than the other potential 1st round QB's is because he has the least amount of developed skills and talent. So by default, he has the bigger upside because he is so far below the level of the other QB's.

The only reason Manuel has more upside or a higher ceiling than the other potential 1st round QB's is because he has the least amount of developed skills and talent. So by default, he has the bigger upside because he is so far below the level of the other QB's.
he also had a better qb rating than nassib.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think DM and NH have been pining to work with a QB who can run the ball for a long time now. They get their chance with EJ.

He just might be big enough and strong enough to stay healthy in the NFL for a while as a dual threat QB.

There are two guys in Buffalo who helped Ryan become the QB he became at SU. If those two guys can develop EJ maybe they struck gold.

On the other hand, you have to believe that they could have either traded down again or filled another need and then picked up a QB in the 2nd. Who knows, maybe they still go QB again in the 2nd...it is the Bills.

The heat in Buffalo probably went up about 5-10 degrees last night.

EJ Manuel as franchise QB. Sure that's the ticket.

Buddy Nix, the gift that keeps giving. Told you they'd F this up.

Good pick I like EJ think he is better than Ponder and Nassib. Long ball and touch both better than Nassib. Geno has more velocity. While the commentators were talking about him 'reading only half the field' the highlight film showed him looking to his right, then his left and then throwing a dart in the end zone. Give him adequate blocking and he is fine. Fine call by the hated Bills.

I don't know how/why people can't understand that this is a business.
Coach Marrone's job is to evaluate talent, get as many good players as possible, and win games. He doesn't get paid to make buddies in Syracuse.

And in terms of how Nassib helped Marrone win games, yes that's true; in the same way that Marrone turned Nassib from a nobody to a NFL draft candidate.

I'll admit I'm not crazy about the way Marrone left. No doubt he did a good job while here...but Marrone wouldn't be anywhere near an NFL head coaching job this year if it wasn't for Nassib.

In the long run I'm hoping that it works out to be a blessing for Ryan. With a good offensive line and some time to adjust to the pro game Nassib just might turn out to be a decent pro QB.
Chicken-vs-egg. Would Nassib be anywhere near the top of the draft without Marrone/Hackett?

People also need to realize that Marrone didn't make this pick. It was the GM's call. Yes, both Doug and Hackett gave their input. They worked out all the QB's... They handed the GM as much info about each prospect and who they felt would be the best value with this pick... In the end though, it was the GM's call. NOT Marrone's. The baseless anger towards Marrone doesn't sit well with me as a fan. I get that people are mad he left. To me that just means that he did his job here and did it well. Otherwise no one would care. The fact that people do speaks to what he did here. Was he great? No. Did he leave us in a better position going forward? Yes. In the end Marrone is where he should be. The NFL. He's an SU alum. I think it's time to put this Marrone anger aside and root for him and the others to do well in the NFL. I know I am.

he also had a better qb rating than nassib.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Geno Smith's 164.57 says hello.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Puts an end to the idea of Marrone being loyal to anything or anyone.

Not true - he seems to be extremely loyal to his staff - so much so that he brings almost every last one of them with him when he changes jobs

Geno Smith's 164.57 says hello.

Sent using my Commodore 64
i agree.

geno smith also had a higher qb rating

matt barkley also had a higher qb rating

lots of guys did

I think that at the end of the day there's a lot of good quarterbacks in the draft and we were able to go ahead and take the best quarterback that we felt fit us here and our situation best in Buffalo.
- Doug Marrone

Ouch. How's that kick to the groin feel, Ryan?

How is that? The Eagles picked before the Bills in the 2nd and he wouldn't have gotten past Chip

Good point that I didn't think about. Puts some extra pressure on EJ to be good earlier, but he played at FSU, he should be able to handle it. Kolb hasn't been the kind of guy that will make people forget about the young guy on the bench. Hope it works out, I do like EJ better than any of the other QBs. I just didn't think there were any 1st round QBs. Weird draft if you like watching offensive skill players get picked.

- Doug Marrone

Ouch. How's that kick to the groin feel, Ryan?

oh COME ON

what the do you expect a head coach to say about the guy they just drafted

before he even coaches a game, marrone is supposed to say that he wishes they drafted someone else?

if I'm sticking up for that big stupid jerkoff, you know there must be some crazy stuff being said

maybe the situation in buffalo is that nassib is better off playing somewhere where he's not burdened by teachers pet bs

maybe the situation in buffalo is that nassib is better off playing somewhere where he's not burdened by teachers pet bs

Agree 100% with that perspective.

oh COME ON

what the do you expect a head coach to say about the guy they just drafted

before he even coaches a game, marrone is supposed to say that he wishes they drafted someone else?

if I'm sticking up for that big stupid jerkoff, you know there must be some crazy stuff being said

Hey, I don't really give a about Buffalo or who they pick. I just thought the quote was kinda funny and could be spun in a nutshot sort of way toward Ryan.

marrone has drafted a bust-
none of the qb's were firestarters- but ej is a complete bust imho- kid showed me nothing in the games i watched -

as a bills hater and a marrone can go jump off a bridge crew- this pick is awesome baby

Seriously, what the hell did Marrone ever do to you other than prove you completely wrong in your assessment of him and the program.

Once a dope, always a dope.

Really?
Go, you had a nice run for a while when the cool thing to do was talk about the guy walking on water.

The tide has changed. Not saying it's fair, not saying it's rational but we're going to see equally over the top criticism of Marrone as we used to see over the top hero worship.

Needless to say, I have no problem with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom