El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie teaser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie teaser

SPOILERS!!!!

Really liked this. They could literally make a sequel of Jesse trying to find the nearest mart to buy some groceries and beefing with a moose along the way, and I’m still 100% in.

Only issues I had: flashback Todd was fat, flashback Walt noticeably looked like an egghead as soon as he appeared on screen, and flashback Jane looked like an Aunt.

There’s not a whole lot they can do about people who are like 6-12 years older now, representing characters from earlier parts in the series, though. But as someone who had run through the series at least 3-4 times, it was noticeable and distracting a bit. Still great and effective scenes with all of them though, and I really look forward to repeat viewings where the different appearances are already accepted by me and not so distracting.

The story advanced in a fairly predictable way, but I like Jesse so much that I’m actually fine with that. I enjoyed the ride. I just love that BB universe so much. Legit LOVED how his real friends Badger and Skinny Pete looked out for him, and I LMAO at the other guys who were all about that risk/reward. Very, very real.
So true about those tools
Gilligan is so good at little stuff
Jesse's jacket on fire was great

I enjoyed it. Didn’t try to make an overly complicated or ridiculous plot but it was still intense edge-of-your-seat material, and the flashbacks were well done, particularly the Todd story and how it set up a key piece of the plot in the movie. Breaking Bad was one of the best shows of all time but it’s not something I find myself wanting to rewatch, one time through on a story that intense and disturbing was enough. After several years, El Camino thrust me right back into the same feel I got from watching BB. If anything flopped it was the brief presence of Jane, her stint and ultimate demise was well done and significant on BB but she was just kind of there this time around. Telling the tale of what happened to Jesse was a good addition to the greater story. His escape at the end of BB after what he’d gone through was satisfying and powerful but beyond that moment, giving any thought to what happens next, he was certainly not riding off into the sunset with nothing but rainbows and unicorns to bask in, he was still in a lot of trouble and danger and El Camino set that up effectively.

I thought it was pretty well done... just not very necessary. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t entertaining though.

i would have liked to have seen more of where life is for the Whites, Marie, etc but i understand it didn’t really fit this film.

if ANYONE is going to get a vindication story, it’s Jesse Bruce Pinkman

I thought it was pretty well done... just not very necessary. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t entertaining though.

i would have liked to have seen more of where life is for the Whites, Marie, etc but i understand it didn’t really fit this film.

if ANYONE is going to get a vindication story, it’s Jesse Bruce Pinkman

The thing with the Whites, is that we got that in the final episode when Walt came back and talked to Skylar, held the baby, and watched his son coming home from school.

The events of this movie are taking place immediately after the final episode, so nothing would’ve changed for the Whites in a matter of days...though I guess their reaction to Walt’s death could’ve been shown or something.

Just finished it. Really liked it. Not sure it's a movie as much as it's like a really long episode. But I was down for it.

I feel like that pretty much nails it for me as well. Just finished, definitely enjoyed it, not sure it totally moved the story forward a whole lot, but then again, was it supposed to?

Todd was pretty incredible as a total psychopath.

I feel like that pretty much nails it for me as well. Just finished, definitely enjoyed it, not sure it totally moved the story forward a whole lot, but then again, was it supposed to?

"Oh wait. Unroll. Gonna need this back" LOL jesus

The best is calling him Jesse P. Lemons or Dollar Store Matt Damon.

The best is calling him Jesse P. Lemons or Dollar Store Matt Damon.

Back in the day, it was “Meth Damon”, and recently I’ve seen “Fat Damon”.

His weight gain really was distracting. It took me out of it for a bit. How could you even stretch that storyline wise? He started partying and eating real good after they stole Walt’s money, but then he got back into shape to try to woo Lydia?

His weight gain really was distracting. It took me out of it for a bit. How could you even stretch that storyline wise? He started partying and eating real good after they stole Walt’s money, but then he got back into shape to try to woo Lydia?
I just love the idea of a casting director being like "know what we need? Matt Damon, but like, more like his little brother that didn't have a lot of friends and had to take a lot of remedial classes in school and stuff. That guy."

Also, he only had one can of beans and bacon soup. That's pretty high calorie.

I just love the idea of a casting director being like "know what we need? Matt Damon, but like, more like his little brother that didn't have a lot of friends and had to take a lot of remedial classes in school and stuff. That guy."

Also, he only had one can of beans and bacon soup. That's pretty high calorie.

He did talk about picking up a couple pizzas and a 6 pack though.

Always was a fan of Meth Damon as a name.

I don't think you could even make it work storywise? Weren't the flashbacks occuring in periods during the initial series? Just we didn't see it at the time. So I guess just you gotta ignore it. (I googled it after watching, it was so noticeable, he says he had to gain weight for another role)

Always was a fan of Meth Damon as a name.

I don't think you could even make it work storywise? Weren't the flashbacks occuring in periods during the initial series? Just we didn't see it at the time. So I guess just you gotta ignore it. (I googled it after watching, it was so noticeable, he says he had to gain weight for another role)

Yeah, flashbacks were going back to time periods in the initial series. But if I recall, Walt was away in Vermont for a long time(6 months? I can’t remember), while Jesse was imprisoned by Todd and them. And during that episode and the finale, we barely saw Jesse(and Todd). Is it possible that you could place the flashbacks where he was fat into a couple month time period where we didn’t see him during Breaking Bad, and then assume he lost weight by the time we saw him again in the finale?

Like I said, a definite stretch lol.

Ya, he was one scary mofo. Wonder why Jesse didn’t smoke him when he found the gun in the glove box?

I think he knew they’d kill Brock. He had no way out, until Walt mowed them all down at the same time.

Yeah, flashbacks were going back to time periods in the initial series. But if I recall, Walt was away in Vermont for a long time(6 months? I can’t remember), while Jesse was imprisoned by Todd and them. And during that episode and the finale, we barely saw Jesse(and Todd). Is it possible that you could place the flashbacks where he was fat into a couple month time period where we didn’t see him during Breaking Bad, and then assume he lost weight by the time we saw him again in the finale?

Like I said, a definite stretch lol.

Yeah Im trying to remember/look it up now; i think you're right that the last two episodes are a few months (?) after Hank dies.

Watching the movie got me reading up on the show again; it's crazy to think that the entire show took place over the course of about 2 years.

Yeah Im trying to remember/look it up now; i think you're right that the last two episodes are a few months (?) after Hank dies.

Watching the movie got me reading up on the show again; it's crazy to think that the entire show took place over the course of about 2 years.

Yeah, things moved fast. Only real time jumps I remember were when Walt started making insane money overseas working with Lydia with the “Crystal Blue Persuasion” song playing, and then during Walt’s Vermont stay - and those were both in the last 2 seasons. Seems like the first 4 seasons only covered a relatively short amount of time.

Mike looks considerably older on “Better Call Saul” and that’s a prequel. Just gotta suspend disbelief.

Mike looks considerably older on “Better Call Saul” and that’s a prequel. Just gotta suspend disbelief.

I guess that’s never really been that noticeable to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom