El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie teaser | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie teaser

Always was a fan of Meth Damon as a name.

I don't think you could even make it work storywise? Weren't the flashbacks occuring in periods during the initial series? Just we didn't see it at the time. So I guess just you gotta ignore it. (I googled it after watching, it was so noticeable, he says he had to gain weight for another role)
I just kept picturing him As he looked in Like Mike. Admittedly an overreaction, but you do what you must.

Screenshot_20191015-161109.png

• "That vac guy?" RIP, Mr. Forster. You've seen Jackie Brown, right? Among other things.
• Plemons was great on season 2 of Fargo. With an even better Kirsten Dunst. Maybe because i've seen him there, i wasn't thrown off by his weight in El Camino.
• I was initially a bit put off that the whole thing seemed to revolve around Todd. Or, at least, a lot of the episode did. I kinda wanted Todd to only be a part of the journey. Todd was a great character, but i was kinda hoping for something/someone new.
• The 'recap' before the movie began was epic in and of itself. I've seen the series 3-4 times, and i'm surprised to hear (again?) that it all happened in two years.
• I used to think that Aaron Paul overacted, and had too many acting tics, like that- hesitation thing he does. But, he was outstanding in El Camino. I wonder if he just changed/evolved as an actor, or if Gilligan directed him out of that stuff.
• Did we only get one "b!tch?" For something fairly innocuous? I don't even remember what it was for.

• Did we only get one "b!tch?" For something fairly innocuous? I don't even remember what it was for.

Yes, only one patented Pinkman "b1+ch!"

It was after he piled up his plate at the buffet with Walt.

Last edited:
anyone buy the theory that this was a set up for a jesse pinkman sequel series?

anyone buy the theory that this was a set up for a jesse pinkman sequel series?
I do not.

Gilligan would have to want to get really weird. We'd be talking about a major expansion to the BB universe. Every character would have to be new. Plus, what's the arc?

Better Call Saul and El Camino worked so well because part of the fun is seeing how the situate into the existing universe.

Plus, what's the arc?
"the fugitive" from a gilligan perspective?
*spoilers below*

i am curious if jesse is really a changed man. he just committed another murder. he can fool himself that he didn't want to, that he just wanted $1800, but he flat out ambushed that guy and stole another quarter mil.

jesse has no marketable skills other than what he learned in the criminal underworld.

in the real world, guys like henry hill & sammy gravano have continued to engage in criminal activity even while in the federal witness protection program. it's who they are, they have a hard time stopping themselves

but of course that completely changes his arc, which left him off as a sympathetic character. but walter white was an amoral, mass killing crime boss and that didn't keep the breaking bad fan boys from rooting for him

Yes, only one patented Pinkman "b1+ch!"

It was after he piled up his plate at the buffet with Walt.

Which makes sense. Jesse in season 5B was drastically different than he had previously been. Now he’s coming off a prolonged horrific experience. He’s not the same guy.

So I forgot about this for some time, and watched it around Christmas. Then finally jumped into Better Call Saul, and knocked off 4 seasons like nothing. Hope season 5 comes to Netflix soon. Splitting hairs here because I loved Breaking Bad but I feel that I’m enjoying Saul just a bit more.

I want to start Breaking Bad again, this time with my wife. But we just started Cobra Kai the other day and she will only follow one show at a time.

Anyway, looking forward to s5 of Saul dropping on Netflix followed by the final season on AMC. Great show. Can’t believe I left both that and El Camino on the back burner for so long... love that universe.

So I forgot about this for some time, and watched it around Christmas. Then finally jumped into Better Call Saul, and knocked off 4 seasons like nothing. Hope season 5 comes to Netflix soon. Splitting hairs here because I loved Breaking Bad but I feel that I’m enjoying Saul just a bit more.

I want to start Breaking Bad again, this time with my wife. But we just started Cobra Kai the other day and she will only follow one show at a time.

Anyway, looking forward to s5 of Saul dropping on Netflix followed by the final season on AMC. Great show. Can’t believe I left both that and El Camino on the back burner for so long... love that universe.

Man, I’m jealous. I love it all so much that I’ve seen it all at least twice...other than season 5 of BCS, but I’ll surely be giving that a rewatch as soon as it drops on Netflix. I’m jealous because I wish I could be experiencing it for the first time!

BCS is so well done. I can’t even watch most other shows because they’re not BB/BCS.

It is just so good. Seemed like most predictions had BCS s5 dropping on Netflix early 2021, right before s6 comes out. But Covid might have delayed all that.

Damn.

It is just so good. Seemed like most predictions had BCS s5 dropping on Netflix early 2021, right before s6 comes out. But Covid might have delayed all that.

Damn.

Yeah, that’s how it’s been for most seasons. The previous season usually is on Netflix a couple weeks before the new season comes out.

There was a longer delay between seasons 4 and 5 though and I got impatient and actually bought season 4 on Amazon. Lol - I paid for a season that I’d already seen, and that would soon be on Netflix. And I have no regrets. That’s how good it is.

Yeah, that’s how it’s been for most seasons. The previous season usually is on Netflix a couple weeks before the new season comes out.

There was a longer delay between seasons 4 and 5 though and I got impatient and actually bought season 4 on Amazon. Lol - I paid for a season that I’d already seen, and that would soon be on Netflix. And I have no regrets. That’s how good it is.
Didn’t even think about Amazon... if I get that impatient I might go that route.

How regarded is s5 relative to the first 4 seasons?

Didn’t even think about Amazon... if I get that impatient I might go that route.

How regarded is s5 relative to the first 4 seasons?

Loved it. Top notch all the way like usual, and contains probably the best episode of the series IMO, if I had to pick one episode.

Loved it. Top notch all the way like usual, and contains probably the best episode of the series IMO, if I had to pick one episode.
Amazon and Bezos thanks you for this post.
73DF44EA-F650-40FC-8EF8-CA5FE05D7FF7.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom