Elijah Hughes: Bucks | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes: Bucks

Certainly Wes Johnson JR year is top 10. Yes the team was miles better than anything recent, but hard to find a more "well rounded" season.

In no particular order:

Dave Bing any season.
Senior DC.
Junior Billy.
Senior J-Dub.
Senior Rony.
Junior Pearl
Senior Silent G.
Junior Eli.
Rautins the Elder.
Sherm (pick a year Soph-Sr.)
Melo
Hak

Wanna say Ryan Blackwell and/or Todd Burgan, both underrated all-around hoopsters.

Anybody got any others?
Sure I’ve missed a few.

Certainly Wes Johnson JR year is top 10. Yes the team was miles better than anything recent, but hard to find a more "well rounded" season.

Melo and Wallace are the top 2 I’ve seen. Billy Owens has to be right there too. I thought Gbinije’s senior year was phenomenal too. Flynn’s soph. year was pretty great too but not sure about top 10...Sherm probably had 3 seasons just as good or better. Just a few that stand out off the top of my head.

In no particular order:

Dave Bing any season.
Senior DC.
Junior Billy.
Senior J-Dub.
Senior Rony.
Junior Pearl
Senior Silent G.
Junior Eli.
Rautins the Elder.
Melo
Hak

Wanna say Ryan Blackwell and/or Todd Burgan, both underrated all-around hoopsters.

Anybody got any others?
Sure I’ve missed a few.
You missed Wes. And Hak had 2 years.

In no particular order:

Dave Bing any season.
Senior DC.
Junior Billy.
Senior J-Dub.
Senior Rony.
Junior Pearl
Senior Silent G.
Junior Eli.
Rautins the Elder.
Melo
Hak

Anybody got any others?
Sure I’ve missed a few.
rakeem's senior year

Lawrence? Averaged 19 points 5 boards 2.5 assists for career. Has to have one season to pick from.

He could be the kind of guy who has like 4 top 50 at worst seasons, but none in the top 10.

Though his junior year would have to be his best. Averaged 21 ppg on a really good sweet 16 team.

not top ten, but ricky jackson's terrific senior season gets forgotten: big east defensive poy, last orangeman to average a double double for an entire season. only others to do that in the boeheim era are dc (3 times), billy & carmelo

Too bad Ricky the ruler wasn't 6-11/7-0 instead of 6-9 or might have been a spot in the league for him. He and scoop were such a great haul. I miss that train of Philly players.

Im only going back to 87 because I was too young to judge before that, and I'm going by memory without putting much thought into this so there are probably things I'm forgetting or misremembering ... basically this is a worthless list. Fun though!

1) Wallace Sr.
2) Owens Jr.
3) Douglas Sr.
4) Douglas Jr.
5) Douglas So.
6) Anthony Fr.
7) Owens So.
8) Coleman Sr.
9) Coleman Jr.
10) Coleman So.
11) Warrick Sr.
12) Warrick Jr.
13) Waiters So.
14) Gbinije Sr.
15) Rautins Sr.
16) W. Johnson Jr.
17) Hughes Jr.
18) Thomas Sr.
19) Moten Jr.
20) D. Johnson Sr.
21) D. Johnson Jr.
22) Seikaly Sr.
23) Seikaly Jr.
24) Moten Sr.
25) Nichols Sr.

Im only going back to 87 because I was too young to judge before that, and I'm going by memory without putting much thought into this so there are probably things I'm forgetting or misremembering ... basically this is a worthless list. Fun though!

1) Wallace Sr.
2) Owens Jr.
3) Douglas Sr.
4) Douglas Jr.
5) Douglas So.
6) Anthony Fr.
7) Owens So.
8) Coleman Sr.
9) Coleman Jr.
10) Coleman So.
11) Warrick Sr.
12) Warrick Jr.
13) Waiters So.
14) Gbinije Sr.
15) Rautins Sr.
16) W. Johnson Jr.
17) Hughes Jr.
18) Thomas Sr.
19) Moten Jr.
20) D. Johnson Sr.
21) D. Johnson Jr.
22) Seikaly Sr.
23) Seikaly Jr.
24) Moten Sr.
25) Nichols Sr.

Good stuff- it's a hard list for sure. One thing about Hughes is how much he had to shoulder himself much like Christmas in his Sr year.

it doesn't make sense just going by the numbers, but andy's senior season is one i'll always remember as a standard for guard play in jb's system

I agree. Fantastic all-around year, on O and D.
But - what's really odd is, his assist/TO ratio that year was... just ok.
4.9 / 2.8 = 1.75/1 A/TO ratio

He made a BUNCH of amazing passes, for sure.
He also tried for a BUNCH more amazing passes, that got stolen or went thru hands or out of bounds.

I have a great fondness for that entire team, and season.
Except for AO's knee, and losing to FFF'n Butler. :confused:

1) Wallace Sr.
2) Owens Jr.
3) Douglas Sr.
4) Douglas Jr.
5) Douglas So.
6) Anthony Fr.
7) Owens So.
8) Coleman Sr.
9) Coleman Jr.
10) Coleman So.
11) Warrick Sr.
12) Warrick Jr.
13) Waiters So.
14) Gbinije Sr.
15) Rautins Sr.
16) W. Johnson Jr.
17) Hughes Jr.
18) Thomas Sr.
19) Moten Jr.
20) D. Johnson Sr.
21) D. Johnson Jr.
22) Seikaly Sr.
23) Seikaly Jr.
24) Moten Sr.
25) Nichols Sr.
Interesting. No G-mac His teams won a national title and two Big East tournaments. And I heard something about us not winning 10 games without him.

Interesting. No G-mac His teams won a national title and two Big East tournaments. And I heard something about us not winning 10 games without him.
Which of his seasons would you add to the list?

I didn't say I would. Just that for a guy that had that much success for us, he doesn't make the list.
there is a word for a player like that

gerry-mcnamara-overrratedjpg-887fdf577e01927d.jpg

Oni/Forrest getting in before Eli tonight. Harrison being in is expected of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom