Elijah Hughes | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes

Wes was a very good college player right out of the gate at a P5 school. Some weird stuff happened his soph season that stopped him from progressing a lot as a player. If I recall we all expected Wes to be a very good player for us. There were rave practice reviews about and quite a buzz coming into the season. He ended up being better than any of us expected but looking at his time at ISU we already knew he was a high major performer and talent.

I think Wes had an ankle problem his soph year, and I seem to recall that he felt pressure to come back before he was ready because he was important to the team, and the injury got worse and lingered. Something along those lines.

I think Wes had an ankle problem his soph year, and I seem to recall that he felt pressure to come back before he was ready because he was important to the team, and the injury got worse and lingered. Something along those lines.

I think you are right and the way the staff at ISU treated it was a big reason he transfered out. He wasn't happy with how things went.

Ah I remember this one. Pretty sure I was talking about how he struggled so much with his shooting for USF or whoever it was he was playing for at the time and people got on me pretty hard about it even though I kept trying to say I totally get the attraction; it just hadn't manifested itself on the court yet.

Played 12 games shot 36% from the field and 25% from 3. Why not just go after someone elite in 2018??
From the looks of your avatar, you really came around on this guy.

there’s some good takeaways, mainly to take 99% of what is said on here with a grain of salt because this placed is filled with people who have no idea what they are talking about.

I mean even Mason didn't want to take him......People aren't always right.

Hughes proved me wrong no doubt.
Now go read what people said about Brycen Goodine last year, or Quincy Guerrier, or Kaleb Joseph, or a lot of recruits.

Not just the one guy who turned out to be better than people expected.

The fact is we have been mediocre in the regular season the last 6 college basketball seasons and if their is a next season it is likely 7:

there’s some good takeaways, mainly to take 99% of what is said on here with a grain of salt because this placed is filled with people who have no idea what they are talking about.
I would ratchet that back a little bit. Just remember the recruiting experts, who I assume are getting paid for spewing drivel, are wrong a lot also. Some kids just aren't goid fits/don't develop as they are projected to. Same with kids drafted into the NBA.

I would ratchet that back a little bit. Just remember the recruiting experts, who I assume are getting paid for spewing drivel, are wrong a lot also. Some kids just aren't goid fits/don't develop as they are projected to. Same with kids drafted into the NBA.

it sounds like i should ratchet it up to include the recruiting experts rather than ratchet it back to protect the egos of some on here.

Now go read what people said about Brycen Goodine last year, or Quincy Guerrier, or Kaleb Joseph, or a lot of recruits.

The fact is we have been mediocre in the regular season the last 6 college basketball seasons and if their is a next season it is likely 7:

take the L and move on.

Depends on the definition of mediocre. In my mind we would have to finish in the bottom half of the ACC every year to be mediocre.