Elite 8 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Elite 8 Thread

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Rooting tonight for Loyola over Kansas State and Florida State over Michigan. Would be good for the ACC to get our 8th place team in the Final Four. I don't care much for Michigan, especially after the 2013 Final Four Flop Fest starring Tim Hardaway Jr. and Jordan Morgan.

What you see: MCW and Hardaway brushing shoulders.
What you couldn't see with the naked eye: Ray Lewis ran onto the court and speared Hardaway Jr.

As I’m sure you know Tyus selected Michigan and than went Cuse I was thinking whether he has regrets as he watches them move in to elite 8 But given his comments about his love for Boeheim and this team that I would bet the farm he has zero regrets. He got the ball. He got the spotlight He got a hall of fame mentor He got 12 new brothers and Cuse nation family. Not a bad haul. Hope he stays. Hope Florida st wins and Loyola as you do. Enjoy

As I’m sure you know Tyus selected Michigan and than went Cuse I was thinking whether he has regrets as he watches them move in to elite 8 But given his comments about his love for Boeheim and this team that I would bet the farm he has zero regrets. He got the ball. He got the spotlight He got a hall of fame mentor He got 12 new brothers and Cuse nation family. Not a bad haul. Hope he stays. Hope Florida st wins and Loyola as you do. Enjoy
Guy got to the sweet 16 its not like we were rutgirls this year.

Loyola is pretty damn good. I am rooting for them to win.

I am also rooting for Michigan since I have them in one of my pools.

5E5794E8-75FA-42EF-8CD6-12FCF98BA21D.jpeg

Loyola about to join the likes of George Mason and VCU as 11 seed mid majors that made the Final Four. Hopefully they fair better in the National semifinals.

I am sure we will here next year how people would rather P5 teams get at larges because they have a chance of winning over teams that beat nobody.

In the past 12 years the following teams have made the final four despite being seeded 9 or higher -- George Mason, VCU, Butler, Wichita St, and now Loyola.

They’ve had good matchups . Won two games in the last second and have played teams with zero size . I think we’d roll this team

Wow this team is good. Just took a peak at their schedule/record. 28-5 before the tourney with a win at #5 Florida?

Hard to say they were under seeded losing to Boise State, Milwaukee, Missouri State, Indian State and Bradley on the year but man, they sure look like they belong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom