Elite 8 Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Elite 8 Thread

None of the incoming players for Duke are as good as Bagley and he really was the difference for them this year. They don't get past the Sweet 16 without him.
It will be interesting to see how well Zion plays.

Rough game for K and Allen is a role player trying to be an Alpha. His loss will be addition by subtraction.

Duke 7-29 from the arc. K has to recruit better. He's slacking off.

How do you know Grayson Allen isn't a good kid? Because he's made mistakes on the basketball court?.. That doesn't define the human being he may be. By all accounts I've ever read, he's a giving, caring guy off the court. I care more about what someone does off the court than some irritating/immature plays in a competitive setting.
neither of us have any idea what kind of kid he is off the floor. We have seen his awful behavior on the floor. That is all you and I know for sure.

Duke guards too in love with shooting. Needed to get the ball to Bagley a lot more. He got only 9 shots. The block on Carter was a bad call that turned the game. Surprising to see Duke not get a call.

Kansas is a tough match for Nova. Size up front from three super athletic wings/guards who are great 3 point shooters.

BTW, Duke has the #1, #2,and #3 ranked recruits in the next class coming in. So don't cry for them.
Different size recruits though. Two 3's and a 4 I believe.

neither of us have any idea what kind of kid he is off the floor. We have seen his awful behavior on the floor. That is all you and I know for sure.
First off, it's not awful. It's immature. He didn't intentionally try to hurt anyone.

Second, you called him a bad kid. I didn't. ...because I don't know. People who know him seem to think he's a good guy in the community.

First off, it's not awful. It's immature. He didn't punch people or undercut them under the basket.

Second, you called him a bad kid. I didn't. ...because I don't know. People who know him seem to think he's a good guy in the community.
I bet that any bad guy you or I have ever met would have some people say that that person was a good person. It wasn't one time, he did unacceptable acts at least 3 times. That isn't a sign of a good kid in my book. If it is in yours, no problem. Tomato ,Tomato. It is always great to see you stick up for the poor and the downtrodden.

Different size recruits though. Two 3's and a 4 I believe.
Barrett is a better fit for the college game than of Duke’s freshman this year.

Barrett single handily beat team USA U-19 team at the world championships.

He will be scary good.
The other 2 are more raw.

Barrett is a better fit for the college game than of Duke’s freshman this year.

Barrett single handily beat team USA U-19 team at the world championships.

He will be scary good.
The other 2 are more raw.
Barrett is great. But not so good he is almost unfair. bagley was almost unfair he was so dominating. The only way to stop him was if Duke decided to jack up 3's and not give him the ball. But why would they do that?

Newman is playing a whole lot better for Kansas now than he was earlier in the year when they played us, but it will be interesting to see if they can hold up inside

As I was saying about Newman...

As I've mentioned before, I live in Kansas. I posted this on my Facebook page after the KU game yesterday. It went over really well :)

Congrats to all my KU friends on making the final 4. Syracuse has been there twice since the last time you made it, so I know how exciting it is.

Duke guards too in love with shooting. Needed to get the ball to Bagley a lot more. He got only 9 shots. The block on Carter was a bad call that turned the game. Surprising to see Duke not get a call.
Carter should have fouled out a long time before that, but ref's swallowed their whistles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom