Embarrassing day to be from Atlanta | Syracusefan.com

Embarrassing day to be from Atlanta

did you see the call?

it wasn't even remotely close to correct. imagine if it were in NY or Boston.

this is just the 1st time something this ridiculous has ever happened in a home field. much more embarrassing to be MLB right now that their 1st 1 game series ended like this.

I agree that it could happen anywhere, but this is humanity at its worst. It's pathetic that a bad call in a baseball game can turn people into savages. Any fan that throws something is in need of some serious introspection.

I agree that it could happen anywhere, but this is humanity at its worst. It's pathetic that a bad call in a baseball game can turn people into savages. Any fan that throws something is in need of some serious introspection.

I would say that's a stretch.

Did you see the Syracuse-Gtown game at the some in 2008ish? I don't remember anyone calling those fans savages (i may be wrong, just off of memory). And that was much worse... on top of girls.

This was almost all empty trash and Styrofoam tomahawks with no one on the field.

and the umpire who made the call was giving a mocking Curtain Call. I think that would enrage a lot of fanbases.

Did you see the Syracuse-Gtown game at the some in 2008ish? I don't remember anyone calling those fans savages (i may be wrong, just off of memory). And that was much worse... on top of girls.

This was almost all empty trash and Styrofoam tomahawks with no one on the field.

and the umpire who made the call was giving a mocking Curtain Call. I think that would enrage a lot of fanbases.
It's low class behavior in Syracuse or Atlanta. There is never any reason to throw something onto the field. Nothing scares me more than mob behavior.

It's low class behavior in Syracuse or Atlanta. There is never any reason to throw something onto the field. Nothing scares me more than mob behavior.

mob behavior is scary.

IMO, this was a peaceful protest though. no one was ever remotely in danger. Other than performing a walkout, there really is no way of protesting a horrible judgement call. The umpire literally sat at SS waving his cap to the crowd as they booed. I put more blame on him for enticing the mob than anything.

Also, what happened in KC yesterday is far more embarrassing IMO... but hey, I am probably biased.

The Syracuse kids got a TON of flack for that (deservedly). The black out drunk Georgetown kids, a decent percentage of whom didn't get allowed in the Dome, pretty much got off scot free, despite being just about the worst guests I've ever encountered.

Who cares? They threw empty containers onto the field in protest. That call was riiiiiiidiculous. At least they arent European soccer fans who would put a hit out on the umpire.

Who cares? They threw empty containers onto the field in protest. That call was riiiiiiidiculous. At least they arent European soccer fans who would put a hit out on the umpire.

Or in NY, or Philadelphia. Can you imagine what would have ended up on the field in philly? Batteries, people, maybe feces and/or bags of p*ss? Philly crowds resemble Azteca Stadium crowds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom