Embarrassing | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Embarrassing

Correct me if this isn't right but Boeheim's only handed the ball to a freshman three times that I remember -- Jason Hart when he had no one else and he was loyal to Hart for staying, and, obviously Pearl, and McNamara/Edelin. I can't remember if way back in the day he gave it to Hal Cohen or Eddie Moss but maybe. Carey is no Pearl and no McNamara. And we'll have a returning senior point guard who took a bullet for the team the whole season. Boeheim has said forever that experienced teams win. The idea next year will be to not duplicate the freshman/inexperience mistakes and learning curve of this year. That means the ball's gonna be in Frank's hands much of the time at the point.

Tyler Ennis

Correct me if this isn't right but Boeheim's only handed the ball to a freshman three times that I remember -- Jason Hart when he had no one else and he was loyal to Hart for staying, and, obviously Pearl, and McNamara/Edelin. I can't remember if way back in the day he gave it to Hal Cohen or Eddie Moss but maybe. Carey is no Pearl and no McNamara. And we'll have a returning senior point guard who took a bullet for the team the whole season. Boeheim has said forever that experienced teams win. The idea next year will be to not duplicate the freshman/inexperience mistakes and learning curve of this year. That means the ball's gonna be in Frank's hands much of the time at the point.

Jonny Flynn had the ball quite a bit as a freshman, Triche as well.

Yep, one more - Flynn over Josh Wright, who then left the team in the middle of his senior year. But it's rare. I don't see Frank getting leapfrogged.

Yep, one more - Flynn over Josh Wright, who then left the team in the middle of his senior year. But it's rare. I don't see Frank getting leapfrogged.

Like RF and others have mentioned; I don’t think Frank would get leapfrogged in terms of him losing the gig or losing an official starting spot. I just think a much reduced workload as the primary ballhandler would help everybody out. Carey and Bazely can both handle well. Who knows about Hughes and Buddy. But I think Frank and Carey potentially could play very well together. Perhaps better than Frank/Tyus. I envision (hope) at times Carey blazing up the court hitting Frank for threes as a trailer and some big fast break lobs to Bazely and Oshae.

Like RF and others have mentioned; I don’t think Frank would get leapfrogged in terms of him losing the gig or losing an official starting spot. I just think a much reduced workload as the primary ballhandler would help everybody out. Carey and Bazely can both handle well. Who knows about Hughes and Buddy. But I think Frank and Carey potentially could play very well together. Perhaps better than Frank/Tyus. I envision (hope) at times Carey blazing up the court hitting Frank for threes as a trailer and some big fast break lobs to Bazely and Oshae.

I can't be the only person on here thinking that Buddy's not going to play at all next year (unless there's mass defections in the backcourt), right? I've seen some speculation that he'll contribute but none that he'll be a non-entity, which history suggests is much more likely. SU virtually never plays four guards. 35 minutes a game for Frank as a starter, nearly that many for Carey, and probably the rest go to Hughes.

I can't be the only person on here thinking that Buddy's not going to play at all next year (unless there's mass defections in the backcourt), right? I've seen some speculation that he'll contribute but none that he'll be a non-entity, which history suggests is much more likely. SU virtually never plays four guards. 35 minutes a game for Frank as a starter, nearly that many for Carey, and probably the rest go to Hughes.

Had a conversation about this with a few “casual” Cuse hoops fans the other day. They knew all about Buddy and Girard and brought up how we needed them both for next year and wished Girard was older, but they were unaware of Carey and Hughes.

I don’t see Buddy being much of a factor next year unless he’s somehow better than Hughes - which from everything I’ve heard, I doubt it.

I will attest that this fanbase has gotten worse over the years and used to be a lot more proud/respectful. The game vs UNC Wednesday pissed me off, but also the GT road game last year when one of our own got so offended over a mediocre taunt that they wrote a letter crying and complaining to the opposing coach. There's plenty of other events that have soured me towards our own fans. This team has fought through adversity all year and exceeded expectations even in the toughest conference in the NCAA.

Michael Edwards(because we had nobody else), and then Autry(because he was better than Edwards) the following year too.

Frank's the point next year. He's had a good year under very difficult circumstances. Edwards was just plain bad with really good, experienced players around him.

Frank's the point next year. He's had a good year under very difficult circumstances. Edwards was just plain bad with really good, experienced players around him.

He will be but it doesn’t mean that it couldn’t be a benefit for everybody with him more off the ball at times. Carey, Bazely, etc., helping out with ballhandling will be a BIG plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom