EMU Game Thread... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

EMU Game Thread...

PC with a all around good game for us tonight. Going to be tough for him to sustain any type of play like this for a whole season if we can't get sidibe healthy. Really hope he heals up and can contribute for us to give PC some rest. Again not the prettiest of games at times but another win for our young team. 11-2 heading into conference play I think at the beginning of the year we would of all signed up for that! Bow the real work comes!!

You think? I though PC was fairly terrible tonight. Gave up too many uncontested layups/dunks. Couldn't finish for crap except for one. Super pleased with his foul shooting, which was superb. But he needs to man up or he will get eaten alive in ACC play.

they can chitchat all they want but if an announcing team can't, at the very least, note who a foul is on and how many fouls that player has, they're essentially worthless - not that this duo was unique in that regard

That’s exaggerating some but that PBP guy sure starts and loves the storytelling. Is he a Newhouse guy, btw?

You think? I though PC was fairly terrible tonight. Gave up too many uncontested layups/dunks. Couldn't finish for crap except for one. Super pleased with his foul shooting, which was superb. But he needs to man up or he will get eaten alive in ACC play.
geez tough crowd - 15/12/5 on you're all over him... he neutralized Thompson (one of the better bigs we'll go up against this year) pretty well

That’s exaggerating some but that PBP guy sure starts and loves the storytelling. Is he a Newhouse guy, btw?
exaggerating? they rarely commented on fouls at all - in the 1st half when Thompson went to the bench w his 2nd and had to sit for a while neither one said a word

geez tough crowd - 15/12/5 on you're all over him... he neutralized Thompson (one of the better bigs we'll go up against this year) pretty well

I guess. He played the whole game, and he's 7'2" so 12 rebounds is like the minimum we should expect. And he had 10 of those points from the line. Like I said, great job at the foul line. I just want him to finish like a man, instead a boy.

Although PC missed a few layup type shots I thought he played a great game. He had a career high 15 points. He could have easily had 4 to 6 more points. Plus 12 rebounds is a nice game.

For us to make a deep tournament run we are going to need a 4th player to step up each night. Tonight it was PC. We need MM and MD to take turns with PC. We definitely a 4th option on offence to be successful.

The defense played pretty good I thought. My hope is our defense will be elite by March. I think we are on track.

I guess. He played the whole game, and he's 7'2" so 12 rebounds is like the minimum we should expect. And he had 10 of those points from the line. Like I said, great job at the foul line. I just want him to finish like a man, instead a boy.
he's still learning and acclimating - he didn't play competitively for essentially 2 years

exaggerating? they rarely commented on fouls at all - in the 1st half when Thompson went to the bench w his 2nd and had to sit for a while neither one said a word

I thought I heard something. I don’t need to be spoon fed. But, I thought the PBP guy was pretty amateur while Spatola was excellent. He does his homework, knows the personnel, schemes, and can diagnose situations well. Obviously one can tell he has actual background and experience in the game.

I thought I heard something. I don’t need to be spoon fed. But, I thought the PBP guy was pretty amateur while Spatola was excellent. He does his homework, knows the personnel, schemes, and can diagnose situations well. Obviously one can tell he has actual background and experience in the game.
not saying he doesn't know his stuff and he probably does well as a radio-show guy where he can just talk and talk. Providing viewers with simple (essential) foul, etc game info isn't spoonfeeding

where is the usual "refs are out to screw us " contingent ? no doubt happy with the whistles.

he's still learning and acclimating - he didn't play competitively for essentially 2 years

Yeah, that's crap. Sorry, but he's in his 4th year of college hoops. I realize he didn't play in games for one and was sidelined for much of last year, but he's not brand new to the game. I will not allow that lame excuse this year. He's not 7'2" for the first time in his life this year. Go dunk the damned ball like it impregnated your girlfriend!

where is the usual "refs are out to screw us " contingent ? no doubt happy with the whistles.
Because, of course, the entire board is filled tonight with "refs are out to screw us " posts. :rolleyes:

Three years removed from his freshman year at Providence. Tonight he was on the court for 37 minutes. If someone predicted before the season that he would ever have a line like tonight's, they would have been mocked unmercifully.

Three years removed from his freshman year at Providence. Tonight he was on the court for 37 minutes. If someone predicted before the season that he would ever have a line like tonight's, they would have been mocked unmercifully.
seriously. it's like now he's expected to be Chamberlin after lots of folks preseason were calling him cat rescuer 2

seriously. it's like now he's expected to be Chamberlin after lots of folks preseason were calling him cat rescuer 2

Nope. Just expecting him to act like he's 7'2".

well after the pages of buffalo bullies and bonny no calls they may want to vent some more.

not saying he doesn't know his stuff and he probably does well as a radio-show guy where he can just talk and talk. Providing viewers with simple (essential) foul, etc game info isn't spoonfeeding

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I was getting plenty of game info from him. More than the PBP guy who was sort of a chatty-Kathy. I rarely complain about the announcers, though.

Nope. Just expecting him to act like he's 7'2".
Sure, he needs to be able to finish more strongly, but he's getting there. Big men with as little court time as Chukwu do have a license to improve. I'd hate to think where this team would be without his contributions.

Yeah, that's crap. Sorry, but he's in his 4th year of college hoops. I realize he didn't play in games for one and was sidelined for much of last year, but he's not brand new to the game. I will not allow that lame excuse this year. He's not 7'2" for the first time in his life this year. Go dunk the damned ball like it impregnated your girlfriend!

You hear that, folks? VT isn't going to allow it. His Highness has spoken. Also, keep him away from any basketballs you may have laying around.

Sure, he needs to be able to finish more strongly, but he's getting there. Big men with as little court time as Chukwu do have a license to improve. I'd hate to think where this team would be without his contributions.

I have to agree with your last sentence for sure. Good lord, why can't we get a midseason free agent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom