End of Game Scenario | Syracusefan.com

End of Game Scenario

ROCcuse

2nd String
Which two guards do you want in the game in this scenario?

1) We are up either 2 or 3 points with 20 seconds left.
2) Opposing team is inbounding the ball at half court.

My answer: Dion and Triche
- our two best guard defenders
- couple extra inches on the floor than Scoop; (obvi MCW would add more length but no way JB would put him in in such a crucial situation).
- better FT shooters than Scoop if the opponent misses and is forced to foul.

I ask this only b/c I was worried about the similar situation at the end of the UCONN game in which Dion and Scoop were in. I would have hated to see Boatright or Lamb bomb a three over Scoop to win it let alone tie as they had been doing earlier in the game. And it'd blow to have our season ended in the tourney on such a play.

Don't get me wrong, that play worked out fine. Scoop and dion played good pressure D on the perimeter and we forced them into a bad shot inside, with Roscoe falling over and forcing one up. I'd just like who I feel are our two best defensive guards in the game for that final play.

end ramble.

Dion hasn't done too well in late-game FT situations lately.

Dion has been lazy at the top defending the three as of late. Too many three point shots resulting from simple passes at the top of the key.

That being said, once the late game situation comes, his head is back in the game and he is much more quick. So I guess I would go with Dion in that situation

Dion and Reese - he is just a defensive pesk. On second thought, he probably isn't tall enough to work at the top of the zone, but you've got to have him out on the floor somewhere in that situation.

Dion and Reese - he is just a defensive pesk. On second thought, he probably isn't tall enough to work at the top of the zone, but you've got to have him out on the floor somewhere in that situation.

I Zsee what you Zdid there.

Triche and Dion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom