End of games with Judah. | Syracusefan.com

End of games with Judah.

shu 49

All Conference
i truly feel Judah is a scorer but he has to let Cope finush games dribbling the ball. Cope is a passer first and foremost andJudah wants to score 1 on 5. Its like Red is trying to prove to Nba that Judah can do it but it is making him look bad. Out of 6 possesions at end we didnt do great when Judah had ball but the one time Cope had it he had a great pass for a score. I love the kid but Cope should take care of ball at end of game.

i truly feel Judah is a scorer but he has to let Cope finush games dribbling the ball. Cope is a passer first and foremost andJudah wants to score 1 on 5. Its like Red is trying to prove to Nba that Judah can do it but it is making him look bad. Out of 6 possesions at end we didnt do great when Judah had ball but the one time Cope had it he had a great pass for a score. I love the kid but Cope should take care of ball at end of game.
They have similar Assist to TO ratios, but I hear you. Judah didn’t have the poise down the stretch we need for a PG.

But I am ride or die with this kid. He’s Eric Dungey on the basketball floor.

Judah had a bad stretch at the end tonight, but at the end of the game, we want the ball in his hand every time.

They have similar Assist to TO ratios, but I hear you. Judah didn’t have the poise down the stretch we need for a PG.

Hell yeah...

Judah had a bad stretch at the end tonight, but at the end of the game, we want the ball in his hand every time.
I don’t. When the refs don’t call his James Harden flail attempts at getting fouls called, he’s not very helpful. I want him slashing to the rim off passes.

I don’t. When the refs don’t call his James Harden flail attempts at getting fouls called, he’s not very helpful. I want him slashing to the rim off passes.
When Judah's shots aren't falling and he's not getting calls, I would like to see Cope run the offense for stretches. I love Cope and think he should have a bigger role in creating offense for others as he's by far the best at it on this team; but in the last couple minutes of a game and especially when we have a lead, IMO it just has to be Judah. He handles the ball, less risk of a bad turnover, hits his FTs, can create for himself if needed, usually doesn't crumble from the pressure, etc.

And at the end of the half

I think Judah was gassed at the end of the game -played 39".
Going back to last season, he's got a history of "losing it" down the stretch playing big minutes.
Debatable -but think at least partially fatigue related.
Yep. I know this is a new season, but . . .

He had a number of bad end-game situations last year--at Miami, UNC in the Dome, in OT vs. St. John's all come to mind.

He does make his FTs, which is a big deal if you're protecting a lead. But he has not done well making a play when trying to come from behind.

This is why in college guard play is so important.

• We did not give up the lead.
  • We used the clock.
  • We made tough shots down the stretch
It’s difficult in your mind to stop your instinct of going to the basket and holding the ball for 15-20 seconds. Great guard play by Judah, JJ & Q at the end. We have not had this for 5+ years. Love to see it.

GO CUSE

Agree with you.

Did you see the turnovers? Did you watch him then slowly jog on defense? That is not at all protecting the lead tonight. I hope he learns from this. Sharing the ball with Cope like prior games with the lead worked a hell of a lot better.
He is learning, and he's doing fine.

The biggest play at the end was Q taking the ball at halfcourt from Judah.
He sized up his defender, drove into the lane and found JJ for an open 3.
Game over.
Yeah he just has a knack for knowing what to do.

Great kid, fearless, I feel he plays for himself largely, that is changing however, monstrous defensive lapses esp after mistakes very bad, Looks like he lost weight actually when he needed to gain it, NBA ready no chance in my limited opinion, can he be, I actually believe so, hypergrowth needed strength, shot making apart from the foul line, shot selection, leadership, PG traits, no chance at the 2 in the NBA. Eric Dungy 10000 x more equipped at this point with no QB coach and 12 concussions, leadership component insane.....Other than that comparable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom