Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the AD would want to talk with some of these players to get their perspective if he hasn’t already. This number of transfers is stunning. The number 1 reason people leave a job is dissatisfaction with their immediate supervisor. Gotta think there is something unhealthy going on here between the coach and players.

I would think the AD would want to talk with some of these players to get their perspective if he hasn’t already. This number of transfers is stunning. The number 1 reason people leave a job is dissatisfaction with their immediate supervisor. Gotta think there is something unhealthy going on here between the coach and players.

Yep. I also hope it's not something that ends up being a major stain on the University. Please don't let Q have done something stupid or worse.

Hopefully they are conducting extensive exit interviews, Q said the players either didn’t give him a reason or said they just wanted a change in the Syracuse.com article. If true, that should have prompted many more questions from him if he truly wanted to know. The university needs to get answers. It just doesn’t bode well for the program nor the university.

I mean it seems we would have had a better chance at retaining more of the roster from last if we just got rid of Coach Q if that tells you anything. Something is up here

Emily was rough, this is very bad. Kamila is the type of talent that wins you a title. You build around her.

I truthfully thought as long as they don’t lose her they are fine. Build a fence. Ugh

Last edited:
And we thought Kadary was a big blow to the men’s program...Cardoso leaving the women’s program is a lot more significant
neutron bomb to the program. I always thought Q was a poor game coach. But he at least was likable and the kids wanted to play for him. Pretty obvious at this point, they don't. I honestly don't see how q can survive long term. And by long term I mean one more year.

neutron bomb to the program. I always thought Q was a poor game coach. But he at least was likable and the kids wanted to play for him. Pretty obvious at this point, they don't. I honestly don't see how q can survive long term. And by long term I mean one more year.

Yep. I just hope that this doesn't become something that bleeds over into other sports. I mean we also have the Lax pre season issues plus now the Scanlon suspension. Last thing we need is this to be a bigger issue.

It is disastrous and I dislike hyperbole. The thing that irked me was his reticence in even addressing the massive departures and downplaying its’ effect on not just his program but the university as a whole. Coach Q saying that he has high standards and demands a strong work ethic seemed to be an attempt to demean the players own standards and work ethic. It really struck me wrong. Hate to have to say it though.

Nooooo!!!! What is going on?!

Cardoso was the one player I (and looks like a few posters on here) didn’t want to see leave. She has the potential to be one of the most dominant players in the country and like jr4750 mentioned, you build your team around.

I was looking forward to seeing her play next year... just not on another team.

Hope she doesn’t end up at another ACC school.

Hopefully they are conducting extensive exit interviews, Q said the players either didn’t give him a reason or said they just wanted a change in the Syracuse.com article. If true, that should have prompted many more questions from him if he truly wanted to know. The university needs to get answers. It just doesn’t bode well for the program nor the university.
THIS!!!! He said some spend 10 seconds telling him. Did you not try to talk to them. They must have really hated our program. maybe the problem is our program. Maybe it is our coach. I am now seriously concerned. Bring Tammi Reiss back as our head coach. Maybe Cardoso would stay them. Maybe Priscilla won't be next. Stop this bleeding.

Is Priscilla Williams the only player left from last season? If I am a father of a new player coming in, I am contacting the former players to find out what happened.

Is Priscilla Williams the only player left from last season? If I am a father of a new player coming in, I am contacting the former players to find out what happened.

Priscilla Williams, freshman guard Ava Irvin and redshirt sophomore guard Teisha Hyman.

It is disastrous and I dislike hyperbole. The thing that irked me was his reticence in even addressing the massive departures and downplaying its’ effect on not just his program but the university as a whole. Coach Q saying that he has high standards and demands a strong work ethic seemed to be an attempt to demean the players own standards and work ethic. It really struck me wrong. Hate to have to say it though.
Hearing this same thought from other women fans. One just called me and thinks the press conference was Cardoso's final straw. She felt he belittled her friends. I had heard a while ago she was thinking of transferring. Then she stayed. So what was the quick change of mind. Unless one of the other players is bringing her along. One thought is she goes to Louisville with Emily. I think she only leaves for a top 5 progam.

Hearing this same thought from other women fans. One just called me and thinks the press conference was Cardoso's final straw. She felt he belittled her friends. I had heard a while ago she was thinking of transferring. Then she stayed. So what was the quick change of mind. Unless one of the other players is bringing her along. One thought is she goes to Louisville with Emily. I think she only leaves for a top 5 progam.
Sadly Coach Q who always sounded like a player’s coach till this year, sure didn’t do himself any favors when he finally was forced to address it.

Disaster

The AD in general appears to be in disarray

If she transfers to Ville they have to be a favorite for next year.

She won't be in the portal too long, she'll likely have many options to choose from other than staying. I would have thought Q would have moved mountains to keep her. With this much of a rebuild it will take a few years to make a comeback, if it's even possible with the current coaching staff. Sorry to sound like a negative nelly but geez, this is a gut punch.

Disaster

The AD in general appears to be in disarray

If she transfers to Ville they have to be a favorite for next year.
Why is the whole AD in disarray? Because Q lost the team this year. The same coach who brought all these top players in? Before this offseason, I don’t think JW worried about women’s hoops at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom