Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I say before?! I knew something deeper is going on within this program. Not only from a gut feeling— but from things that have been posted on previous players social media.

Several past players have posted pictures and videos of the aftermath of Q yelling, screaming, flipping things upside down and things thrown all around that locker room.

I’m all for trying to get the best out of players and if raising your voice is what it takes to get the best out of them to play to their potential then cool. But you have to read the room. That tactic doesn’t always work with some players. Especially in today’s day and age.

Several past players have also posted things about being harassed and manipulated by either Vonn Read or Cedric, can’t remember the one that was mentioned, maybe it’s both. Can’t really remember but I hope the university gets to the bottom of this and puts an end to it immediately.

I don’t care if that means that Q has to replace a few of his staff members— or they need to get rid of Q himself. I said losing Kamilla Cardoso would be my final straw, and I wasn’t kidding. This has gone way too far now. I’m just ready for this program to get back on track to where it was like 3-4 years ago.

They’re all transferring to other ACC schools, it’s like they want to come back to beat his ass next year.

Yeah good point.. I mean not good but yeah..

Her timing is very interesting. Something in Q''s appearance yesterday set this latest bomb off. Looks like the AD will have a few more coaching vacancies he will need to start worrying about.

No experienced post players returning next season. Looks like they’ll be chucking a boatload of 3’s again, smh.

This mass exodus is testing the length of the subject lines on Syracusefan.com.

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal​

At this point, something is seriously wrong. Wildhack should rip the band-aid off and get rid of Q and bring back Tammi Reiss.

Wow you know I thought maybe things will be OK if cardosa stuck around but this, I have never seen pretty much a whole team flip in one year! This is the one reason why I hate the transfer portal rule but it's here so we gotta roll with it. Now I am sure that the Priscilla Williams will probably follow suit at This point!

Losing Cardozo is truly bad news and must be addressed by The Athletic Director! She is a program builder! Prior to this announcement, things seemed bad, but not catastrophic. Now, Q’s leadership is now in question!

This mass exodus is testing the length of the subject lines on Syracusefan.com.

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal​

At this point, something is seriously wrong. Wildhack should rip the band-aid off and get rid of Q and bring back Tammi Reiss.
Yeah I think Tammi reiss was what kept everything together. I forgot where she went but I am not sure she leaving right what if she would ya I would be all for that change!
There is seriously something going on behind the scenes and needs to be addressed!!

Need an all women's coaching staff......and Wild hack describes the AD perfectly. Q and his staff gotta go. Something more than being just deeply remiss here.....something very, very , very bad.

Yeah I think Tammi reiss was what kept everything together. I forgot where she went but I am not sure she leaving right what if she would ya I would be all for that change!
There is seriously something going on behind the scenes and needs to be addressed!!
Rhode Island. She seems very happy there, and very successful. But still not a power 5 program.

Losing Cardozo is truly bad news and must be addressed by The Athletic Director! She is a program builder! Prior to this announcement, things seemed bad, but not catastrophic. Now, Q’s leadership is now in question!
If Kamilla wants to win championships and be the best player she can be. She has one call she needs to make Geno at Uconn will make her a superstar.

If Kamilla wants to win championships and be the best player she can be. She has one call she needs to make Geno at Uconn will make her a superstar.
I've thought about that one also. Since they just saw her play in person. He could have said that is the one person who would have gotten them to the finish line this year.

Why is the whole AD in disarray? Because Q lost the team this year. The same coach who brought all these top players in? Before this offseason, I don’t think JW worried about women’s hoops at all.
Behind the scenes AD staffing departures, Men's Lax issues, Men's Hoops exodus, Football free fall last year, technical issues, etc.

It hasn't been the finest year for the AD as a whole

So I heard Emily had planned to bring Cardso with her, and then Cardoso decided to stay. I think she now goes to Louisville,
Walz is a good recruiter, not a good coach to make you better.
I've thought about that one also. Since they just saw her play in person. He could have said that is the one person who would have gotten them to the finish line this year.
She would have with Paige on that team, and Cardosa down low, you don't see Kamilla go 1 of 9 from the field. She would have destroyed the Arizona defense.

Behind the scenes AD staffing departures, Men's Lax issues, Men's Hoops exodus, Football free fall last year, technical issues, etc.

It hasn't been the finest year for the AD as a whole
Definitely been better years, totally with you there. Certainly winning issues across several sports. We are not the same in several sports we used to be great at. I am hoping that changes next year. Men's hoops exodus makes sense to me at least. Men's lax is an issue, I had weird feelings there from early on when Rehfuss was in the portal that it might not be the year we hoped. Just something seemed off. Football, absolutely needs a rebound year, lot of difficult situations helped make last year unsuccessful, but Dino needs to coach better too.

I am unaware of technical issues and mass staff issues that weren't related.

So I heard Emily had planned to bring Cardso with her, and then Cardoso decided to stay. I think she now goes to Louisville,
Yikes, this makes it even tougher. Having one former star actively recruiting another away from the team and to a competitor.

Q did a great job, but this is troubling. This is well beyond what happened with the men's team. The good news, he proved you can win here and Syracuse is a much more attractive program with actually a little bit of tradition now.

I don't know how you can keep a coach in this situation.
One of the main reasons not to fire a coach is the roster attrition from starting over with a new staff. Q should have had more success with the talent he's had and now he's lost ALL of it.
We will be lucky to win 5 games next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom