Enjoy Tyler Lydon while we can | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Enjoy Tyler Lydon while we can

"Freakishly athletic?" No. Smart, good hands, good length, natural instincts, nice shooting touch, yes. But "freakishly athletic?" I don't see that. For one, he runs like he's still tying to grow into his feet. Freakishly athletic would have buried both of those dunks with about 4:00 to go. Still, I quite like the kid, though. :)

I pray he stays skinny for 2 years. Take time putting that bulk on. Once he's physically matured, he'll be:
tumblr_static_vg_logo_final_copy.png

version 2.0

And then he gone...

2 years absolute max. Kid is an absolute stud, and is seemingly getting better by the game. I wouldn't rule out a 1 and done

This is exactly my sentiment. But to be honest when they first offered him forever ago I was thinking who the heck is this kid?????? Oh my God, he's terrific. Just unbelievable stat line. I sure hope we get him for at least 2 years but every game he's stepping up to new level. Who knows where he will be by the end of the season. His confidence is growing. What a terrific looking jump shop! He's terrific from the line. Wow, just wow!!!!! I can't say enough by how much this kid's game has impressed me.

You know something others don't?
Just realism, self awareness and a keen sense of recent history. If you grade out as a first rounder (or close), you're gone. The guys who have stuck around are the guys who had no shot of being picked.

Maybe he'll buck the trend and give us at least 3 years? Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and I'm not sure of his financial background, but he doesn't strike me as someone who needs to save his family from poverty.
We can only hope.

Just realism, self awareness and a keen sense of recent history. If you grade out as a first rounder (or close), you're gone. The guys who have stuck around are the guys who had no shot of being picked.
Kaminsky?

"Freakishly athletic?" No. Smart, good hands, good length, natural instincts, nice shooting touch, yes. But "freakishly athletic?" I don't see that. For one, he runs like he's still tying to grow into his feet. Freakishly athletic would have buried both of those dunks with about 4:00 to go. Still, I quite like the kid, though. :)

And tough. He took a shot in the face and went back for more just as aggressively!

Kaminsky?
Was talking about our guys. There will always be some from across the country, particularly if a national title might be in the mix. We're a couple steps away from that scenario.

The "mystery" was about whether it would translate outside of high school in New Hampshire. And whether the talent would emerge this early. Both Lydon and Mal have exceeded my expectations already. I thought Lydon would be good, but not this good this soon. I thought Mal would be a disappointment. So happy to be wrong.
He went to New Hampton prep an college basketball prep school of late. Noah Vonleh, our own Lawrence Moten...and ME. While traditionally a big hockey school New Hampton has been bringing in elite basketball players for a number of years now. Many of the other big players have prepped in New England prep school and the level of competition is high for them. Not at all surprised by Tyler.

No, no, no. Not players that get good financial advice. (or in the case of CMac where he had a family to support). The $$ is much, much, much more as a lottery pick than as a late first rounder (since you made the comment "or close"). One more year for him would make a huge difference in where he goes in draft--would be stupid to leave now, and I would be shocked if he did.

No, no, no. Not players that get good financial advice. (or in the case of CMac where he had a family to support). The $$ is much, much, much more as a lottery pick than as a late first rounder (since you made the comment "or close"). One more year for him would make a huge difference in where he goes in draft--would be stupid to leave now, and I would be shocked if he did.

We've had guys major in stupid and dumb luck...hopefully this kid is different.

Hopefully TL will be the 1 in 20 guy who decides to play another year. I sure hope so. But every game he keeps getting better and more confident. I think by the end of the season there's a very good chance he could be gone. I sure hope he stays for at least 2. I really do!!

people saying they'd be "shocked" if he ends up leaving after this year make me giggle

That's kind of what I'm thinking. He keeps getting better every game.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. He keeps getting better every game.
I'm certainly not saying he'll be gone or even that it's probable he'll be gone - just that if the kid keeps playing like this he's going to be on the radar of a lot of nba scouts/execs

Hopefully TL will be the 1 in 20 guy who decides to play another year. I sure hope so. But every game he keeps getting better and more confident. I think by the end of the season there's a very good chance he could be gone. I sure hope he stays for at least 2. I really do!!

I *liked* that for the new avatar, if nothing else. :)

You'd be shocked? When's the last time somebody who had a chance to be drafted in the first round returned? The guys who stayed (cj, Joseph, rak, cooney, g) had no shot. Everybody else has been gone after their first year with minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom