Ennis leads the Lakers over the Spurs | Syracusefan.com

Ennis leads the Lakers over the Spurs

Killer win for the Lakers. They lost a lot of ping pong balls to Phoenix and margin for error to keep their pick.

This win hurt the Lakers a lot if one team jumped them in the lottery they would lose their pick this year and in 2019.

Laker fans should be pissed.

Killer win for the Lakers. They lost a lot of ping pong balls to Phoenix and margin for error to keep their pick.

This win hurt the Lakers a lot if one team jumped them in the lottery they would lose their pick this year and in 2019.

Which is a freaking joke.

Play to win the game.

Yup. Just beat Memphis too. Meanwhile Phoenix had lost 12 in a row.

Spurs barely played Leonard. Memphis losing was just inexcusable on their part. I'm pissed at those teams. The Lakers young players are playing hard, as they should. They're not trying to lose to let some draft pick take their spot.

Which is a freaking joke.

Play to win the game.
They traded to 2 first round picks for a 39 year old Steve Nash 4 years ago.

That trade ruined them. If the pick isn't top 3 it goes to Philly.

This win moved the Lakers from the 2nd worst to 3rd worst team.

It's over 50 percent now they won't keep the pick. If they don't keep the pick Lakers won't get better for a bit longer.

Until the NBA fixes tanking losing was the way to go.

Yup. Just beat Memphis too. Meanwhile Phoenix had lost 12 in a row.

Spurs barely played Leonard. Memphis losing was just inexcusable on their part. I'm pissed at those teams. The Lakers young players are playing hard, as they should. They're not trying to lose to let some draft pick take their spot.
The Lakers need the pick to trade it for veterans.
Their plan was use this pick if it's not 1 and trade a young player for a vet.
Then improve and sign Paul George next summer.

If they lose this pick it kills the Lakers plans.

Just like the Knicks, neither teams knows how to lose when they need to lol,

Absolutely, they need to lose. But the players on the court don't care about that.

Just like the Knicks, neither teams knows how to lose when they need to lol,
Knicks own their pick though. Winning only costs them a spot or two.
With Smith Jr. Fox, Monk there will be guys for the Knicks in the 5-8 range.
The Lakers lose their pick if it's not top 3. This win kills their margin for error in the lottery. The Lakers will need no teams below them to jump them or they lose it. At 2nd they could afford one team to jump them and keep the pick.

They should have hired Derek Fisher instead of Luke Walton. That would have guaranteed them to finish in the bottom three.

Loser organization.

Go Celtics.

Knicks own their pick though. Winning only costs them a spot or two.
With Smith Jr. Fox, Monk there will be guys for the Knicks in the 5-8 range.
The Lakers lose their pick if it's not top 3. This win kills their margin for error in the lottery. The Lakers will need no teams below them to jump them or they lose it. At 2nd they could afford one team to jump them and keep the pick.

That's not necessarily true as to how the lottery works, is it? The top 3 picks are all determined via the ping pong balls. So a team with lower odds than the Lakers could jump them, but the Lakers could still get the #2 or #3 pick based on the ping pong ball combination. Obviously they would like to have more combinations so the likelihood of them picking top 3 is higher, but one team jumping them does not necessarily doom them.

The ping pong ball system is such a joke. Only thoughts I have. Consistently teams end up in basically the order they are already in coming into it. Completely rigged, and a farce. Lakers will probably be fine, if the league deems it so. Just go by record. Not much you can do about tanking.

But, you can't tell me the ping pong balls magically bounce in similar order to records. It's all a joke. The NBA just does it to decide who they want to have where at times.

The ping pong ball system is such a joke. Only thoughts I have. Consistently teams end up in basically the order they are already in coming into it. Completely rigged, and a farce. Lakers will probably be fine, if the league deems it so. Just go by record. Not much you can do about tanking.

But, you can't tell me the ping pong balls magically bounce in similar order to records. It's all a joke. The NBA just does it to decide who they want to have where at times.

But isn't that kinda the whole idea behind the ping pong balls in the first place?

Yea, it would be a minor miracle to see the cash cow Lakers not get a Top 3 pick. No way that pick gets sent to a team nobody cares about that is just going to trade whoever they draft in 2-3 years anyway.

Good for Ennis! Hopefully hes auditioning for a permanent spot in the league.

This is kind of the point. It's a weighted system so of course the worst teams will generally get the top picks. The whole point is for it to not be a certainty that if you're the worst team, you get the first pick. The system has worked in that regard. Unfortunately, teams are still willing to tank to lock themselves into a top 4 pick.

This is kind of the point. It's a weighted system so of course the worst teams will generally get the top picks. The whole point is for it to not be a certainty that if you're the worst team, you get the first pick. The system has worked in that regard. Unfortunately, teams are still willing to tank to lock themselves into a top 4 pick.

I forget where I read it but maybe a year or two ago someone suggested changing the ordering odds from just the prior season to a composite of the worst records from the 3 previous seasons. The thought is that it is much harder to tank for 3 years than it is for one and helps collate a more accurate picture of who "needs" the help of a higher pick. That seemed like a pretty good idea but probably has collateral impacts I don't see.

Some solutions for the lottery is that the bottom 5 teams all have the same odds so bottom teams don't have incentive to tank.

All non-playoff teams have the same odds.

Having a tournament of the bottom teams for the picks.

The reason is the Lakers winning last night was bad for their franchise.

Last year was the first time in 20 years the 3 worst records got the top 3 picks in the lottery.

If the Lakers finish 3rd in the worst records that lottery night will be nerve wracking for Lakers fans.

I think he gets a second contract now.
You think with the Lakers or somebody else? I think it is going to be an interesting case. His recent body of work is very good, but he is still an unproven commodity in the league. Along with about 30 other guys I guess but Ennis is interesting.

You think with the Lakers or somebody else? I think it is going to be an interesting case. His recent body of work is very good, but he is still an unproven commodity in the league. Along with about 30 other guys I guess but Ennis is interesting.
He's won't turn 23 until this summer, is three years in and has shown he can play solidly at this level as a second unit or deep bench guy. Plenty of NBA team will have interest in that sort of player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom