Ennis to NBA per ESPN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis to NBA per ESPN

This time last year we didn't even know if he could handle the point. Now it's Joseph's turn with Buzz backing him up.

I will never for the life of me understand the obsession with people wanting to think so negatively about our players. The guy came in as a FRESHMAN PG and helped lead the team to a 25-0 start and a #1 ranking in the country during the regular season. Yeah it didn't end well, but statements like this are just flat out insanely unnecessary.
My son told me he was a no-show for class yesterday, too bad hate to see him go.

This is pretty much where I am regarding Ennis. His draft stock will never be higher than it is this year. I really hope he doesn't go top 10 though. I feel like it'll only be setting himself up for failure in the NBA.

exactly why he is going. grant can become a top 10 pick by coming back. ennis will only stay where he is at or be exposed.

i am really happy for him. brampton is not the best of areas. he can secure financial future of family. he kept his nose clean here.

now regarding how i think he will do. i hope awesome. my only hesitation is i think he fits in mode of marcus williams, ed cota, mateen cleeves, omar cook, kendal marshall. great players but games didn't transition w nba.

This is not a shot at Ennis, since I was really hoping he would return, but I don't recall Ennis getting Grant a lot of easy baskets this season. Unless Tyler could have helped Jerami hit a 20 footer more consistently, I don't see how Tyler leaving affects Jerami's decision.
With no proven players on offense returning teams will scheme to stop Grant. Going to be alot tougher without Ennis and Fair, for that matter.

Yup. Greene, Flynn, waiters, mcw, now ennis. CJ is the only guy in recent years being on the fence that came back. Can't believe we're not getting 2 years out of ennis, never thought he'd be 1 and done. This is easily the most disappointing of our guys that have left early.

Definitely is the most disappointing of the group you mentioned. That said, let's not jump to conclusions. I think there's still a decent chance Grant sticks around, and if we're all being perfectly honest, I think if we could've signed up for keeping one of the two, we'd have taken it. Let's try to remain optimistic until the other shoe drops!

Yes and Tyler Ennis was a stud this year and if he stayed four years would be as good as they are overall. He might not be as good a shooter, but he's got other strengths. Why are people now so willing to try and cut Ennis down because he's leaving? Makes no sense.

Not trying to cut him down, just being realistic.

He's going to struggle seeing any time on the court his first three years in the NBA. Which doesn't help his chances of securing a second contract.

Which, I have stated before, is when you make money.

Why it is the truth? This site can contain threads beyond threads calling out certain people for there play but can't say the same thing about Ennis? Got it.
The post is fine, if that's how you feel. But if that is your lasting memory of Tyler Ennis, it means there's something wrong with you.

Last edited:
This is not a shot at Ennis, since I was really hoping he would return, but I don't recall Ennis getting Grant a lot of easy baskets this season. Unless Tyler could have helped Jerami hit a 20 footer more consistently, I don't see how Tyler leaving affects Jerami's decision.

Yeah, I actually think Joseph would probably help him more than Ennis did this year. But I still don't envision Grant coming back. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yup. Greene, Flynn, waiters, mcw, now ennis. CJ is the only guy in recent years being on the fence that came back. Can't believe we're not getting 2 years out of ennis, never thought he'd be 1 and done. This is easily the most disappointing of our guys that have left early.

I like the way he plays but I do not see him as an NBA player at this point.

He does not have the kind of NBA body that a Waiters or an MCW have.

He probably is not as physically dominant as Jonny Flynn.

Given what he has been told, however, I guess he has to go.

But I think it's a mistake.

Its terrible. Id rather watch high school girls tennis.

With a former job I'd get tickets to Celtics games all the time, premium seats very closet to the court. There would also generally be a box you could go back to for drinking/eating etc. It got to the point where I'd really just rather stay home then go to another Celtics game because of lack of fan interest, lack of player interest, and just a general lack of energy. And I grew up going to awesome games in the garden that were the total opposite. I don't know if it's the generic box of an arena or if it's just the decline of the NBA game - but those games were horrible to watch. Going to a Bruins game on the other hand, a sport I'm not even in to, was a ton of fun if you had good seats. Waaayyyy better energy.

We need another ballhandler, yes? I don't want to see another season of lack of ballhandling guards. We still don't know how effective Kaleb Joseph will be (very optimistic though) or if Silent G will improve. Patterson is a mystery and who knows if he will still be here. Cooney at the 1 is strictly an emergency scenario. You can't have one PG on your roster especially when he's a frosh.

Last edited:
Not trying to cut him down, just being realistic.

He's going to struggle seeing any time on the court his first three years in the NBA. Which doesn't help his chances of securing a second contract.

Which, I have stated before, is when you make money.

Didn't mean to include you in the cutting down remarks when it was others. I watch a lot of NBA and I fully expect Ennis to see minutes right away. This isn't a Fab Melo situation. Barring an injury, he's a kid who loves the game and seems willing to accept a role to help his team win, which bodes well for his success.

Last night Sacramento started Rudy Gay at the point along with Ray McCallum, who played against Cuse while at Detroit. The NBA is not flush with amazing point guards right now.

Didn't Russ Smith declare last year but change his mind as the decision date got closer and he realized his stock wasn't as high as he thought? Any chance Ennis does the same?

Also, what is the best source to see where Ennis will get drafted? I googled it but depending on the source he was going as late as pick 20+ and early as pick 10.

GoCuse08 said:
Didn't Russ Smith declare last year but change his mind as the decision date got closer and he realized his stock wasn't as high as he thought? Any chance Ennis does the same? Also, what is the best source to see where Ennis will get drafted? I googled it but depending on the source he was going as late as pick 20+ and early as pick 10.
Ennis isn't changing his mind.

The problem in the league is you don't get two swings. If you whiff the first time, sayonara
He's going to excell in the NBA. Those who said he wouldn't be one and done were wrong then. Those who say he won't do well in the NBA are wrong now. He has an elite skill set.

Didn't Russ Smith declare last year but change his mind as the decision date got closer and he realized his stock wasn't as high as he thought? Any chance Ennis does the same?

Also, what is the best source to see where Ennis will get drafted? I googled it but depending on the source he was going as late as pick 20+ and early as pick 10.

as long as he doesnt sign an agent

A sidebar question -- do we think he will finish the academic year in good standing, and thus not hurt the APR? (at least I think that can impact it)

Well I have to disagree because the most disappointing one to leave early is Carmelo and I would trade one more year with him than 4 with any of the guys you mentioned...Mind you he had to leave but him coming back would have almost locked up a back to back deal
You'd take Carmelo for 2 years over MCW for 4 years? Give me MCW, who led us to a Final Four in year 2, for an extra 2 years. The possibility of 2 titles with MCW > possibility of 1 title with Melo.

The irony in this statement, is that it better help recruiting, as for each one of these guys you get, you need another one waiting in the wings because they're gone so quick.
Exactly - it's a positive feedback loop - not known for stability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom