Ennis trying to dunk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis trying to dunk

Yes, I agree, he should have just did a layup and it would have been a good dagger into St.Johns. I think this is one of those freshmen moments for him. He's so awesome it's just crazy. But on a previous play or two he was stuffed on a block. I think the dunk attempt was retribution. Ennis is one of the coolest cucumbers we've ever seen. I think this one time he lost a little control. But come on, he's just a freshmen. And I bet you next year he makes that dunk more than once!

I thought he looked a little angry on the way to the rim on that dunk attempt. I think you're right about retribution angle.

Let's be realistic. He didn't try and dunk "over someone". No one was meeting him at the rim trying to block it. He blew by one guy and had an open lane. The replay showed he was plenty high enough to dunk it, but the ball slipped out of his hand. The smart play was to lay it off the glass, but as someone said, I think he was worried about someone coming out of nowhere for the block.

I'd be more comfortable with Ennis dunking than BMK. For the history of SU basketball I don't think I've ever seen anybody blow more dunks thank him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom