Eric Dungey’s last home game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey’s last home game

As awesome as Dungey is, if Dino came out tomorrow and said we going with DeVito from here on out (he won’t, keep all your panties from being bunched up,...he’ll say it before ND) would anyone put up that much a fight??

Other than his dad (not DeVito’s) defending him up and down the board here and those of you who value players psyche and loyalty more than WINS., nobody should be upset or surprised.

I would be very surprised if that would occur and would disagree with that decision. Not necessarily because Devito might no be better either because he may be depending on the health of Dungeys arm. Dungey's injury seems to effect him more some games than others. Seems like it flares up at certain times. With everything he has done for this program he deserves a shot to show what he's got first in a game before being pulled for the talented young Devito. And in this thread I think Dungey's ability as a passer is being undervalued by many due to whatever injury he is playing through this season. Absolutely love the kid. But if his arm in the BC or Notre Dame game proves to be what it was like in the UNC game or the Wake game I'd be inserting Devito pretty quickly because that won't cut it in either of those games. Luckily the situation of the Wake game was such that we could manage without an adequate passing game. We won despite his passing inadequicies this week. In my opinion those missed short completions to Custis etc were just as much on Dungey as his passes were not making it there on time. His arm was super week and inacurrate and he was throwing everything short. Hope we have a healthy Dungey from here on out.

I would be very surprised if that would occur and would disagree with that decision. Not necessarily because Devito might no be better either because he may be depending on the health of Dungeys arm. Dungey's injury seems to effect him more some games than others. Seems like it flares up at certain times. With everything he has done for this program he deserves a shot to show what he's got first in a game before being pulled for the talented young Devito. And in this thread I think Dungey's ability as a passer is being undervalued by many due to whatever injury he is playing through this season. Absolutely love the kid. But if his arm in the BC or Notre Dame game proves to be what it was like in the UNC game or the Wake game I'd be inserting Devito pretty quickly because that won't cut it in either of those games. Luckily the situation of the Wake game was such that we could manage without an adequate passing game. We won despite his passing inadequicies this week. In my opinion those missed short completions to Custis etc were just as much on Dungey as his passes were not making it there on time. His arm was super week and inacurrate and he was throwing everything short. Hope we have a healthy Dungey from here on out.
The only way dungey does not start the last 4 games is he absolutely can’t go. Dino had his moment and he didn’t pull the trigger. He even had a nice injury cover that we all would’ve believed, but clearly he felt he was god enough to go, and therefore he wouldn’t be coming out of the bullpen.

The week leading up to it, I thought he might do it, but it was the right call. Unless Dungey is in street clothes, he’s starting.

We can debate whether or not he should’ve been in street clothes in another thread, but we havnt had any crying over the medical staff and their ‘go, no go’ ability this year and I’m not about to start it now.

I want 10 wins, if everyone’s arm falls off to get me that...so be it.

It seems obvious to me that Dungey struggles in the outdoor games where the elements come into play. It was windy on Saturday, and his passes were floating. He did make up for it with his legs, and that's something that DeVito may not be able to do. I haven't seen enough of DeVito to be certain of that though. DeVito definitely has the better arm for the outdoor games against ND & BC, but we cross that path only if we absolutely need to. Babers understands that he owes Dungey every opportunity to close out his career as our #1. If we had a National Championship on the line, you make the change. That's not the case, so send Dungey out with all the love & respect that you can. Be situational with DeVito, unless of course, Dungey is completely stymied.

It seems obvious to me that Dungey struggles in the outdoor games where the elements come into play. It was windy on Saturday, and his passes were floating. He did make up for it with his legs, and that's something that DeVito may not be able to do. I haven't seen enough of DeVito to be certain of that though. DeVito definitely has the better arm for the outdoor games against ND & BC, but we cross that path only if we absolutely need to. Babers understands that he owes Dungey every opportunity to close out his career as our #1. If we had a National Championship on the line, you make the change. That's not the case, so send Dungey out with all the love & respect that you can. Be situational with DeVito, unless of course, Dungey is completely stymied.
Hartman had guys wide open and the wind ,and his ball sailed a couple of time too. I don't think arm strength doesn't guarantee success in the wind. But, I do look forward to next year when the QB doesn't have any in-completions or interceptions or an off day and we average 60 points a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom