Eric Dungey returning to Syracuse for radio work, to finish degree | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey returning to Syracuse for radio work, to finish degree

But actually JB would be the best guest in that scenario because I know he would remind everyone that Syracuse was a football school, that had a memory lapse and then remembered again.

He will remind everyone that from 1950-2000 Syracuse was a football school with a good and growing basketball program and it was only from 2003-present that this whole “Syracuse is a basketball school” narrative started.

The reality is we are now both a basketball school AND a football school. I am not sure there are 10 schools who have had better combined historic success in both sports.

From the late 80s-early 00s, you could make a good argument that Syracuse was the best basketball/football school.

And there was a legit argument over which sport SU was better at. It was pretty much a tie from 1987-2002.

My Top 3 would be...
-Jim Brown (greatest football player ever)
-Bob Costas (greatest sportscaster ever in my opinion and an incredibly entertaining storyteller)
-Joe Biden (nothing political, just cool that a former VP and Presidential candidate went to SU. But probably not realistic due to security issues.)

Harrison is a legend but I feel like he would give creepy, stone-faced one word answers to everything. Floyd and Czonka have great personalities and are options. I would be legitimately disappointed if Boeheim walks out. It's a multi-hour show and they should definitely interview him at some point, but having him as the celebrity guest picker makes us look like a one-trick pony University.

Jim Brown might have some issues with his violence against women.

Can see Aaron Sorkin, Taye Diggs or Reid Scott if they go the celebrity route.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Eric Dungey is coming back to Syracuse this fall to talk Syracuse football and finish his undergraduate degree.

The former record-setting SU quarterback will join TK99 and ESPN Radio this season with weekly segments on “Gomez and Lisa in the Morning” on TK99 and “On the Block” with Brent Axe on ESPN Radio.

Dungey will also co-host pre- and post-game coverage on the station while finishing up two classes to complete his accounting degree, according to Ed Levine, president/CEO of Galaxy Communications.

boooo….

I would love Joe Biden to be the celebrity guest picker but I don’t think ESPN would ask him.

It’s going to be Jim Boeheim but I would go Jim Brown first.

I would love Joe Biden to be the celebrity guest picker but I don’t think ESPN would ask him.

It’s going to be Jim Boeheim but I would go Jim Brown first.

I love Boeheim but they gotta go football. Pretty sure Cuse is knocking on the door of top 5 in terms of hall of famers. Get one of them. Or McNabb, Freeney, or the Jones boys. Heck, get Moose. Get 2 time super bowl champion head coach Tom Coughlin. There’s a huge list of good choices. A basketball guy is not one of them.

Does it get any bigger than Billy Fuccillo?
He’d be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

(I’m sure someone already beat me to this comment, but I don’t care. It’s worth repeating.)

Good for Eric. It will probably do his body a lot of good to skip a season and heal up.

I would imagine that he's going to be visiting the team, at least off and on.
I wonder how much he may be involved.
He might make a great mentor to Tommy, if it doesn't disrupt what the coaches are trying to do.

But actually JB would be the best guest in that scenario because I know he would remind everyone that Syracuse was a football school, that had a memory lapse and then remembered again.

He will remind everyone that from 1950-2000 Syracuse was a football school with a good and growing basketball program and it was only from 2003-present that this whole “Syracuse is a basketball school” narrative started.

The reality is we are now both a basketball school AND a football school. I am not sure there are 10 schools who have had better combined historic success in both sports.

I mostly agree with this, but I would say SU started becoming a basketball school (for real, big time) in the 1970s with that first run to the Final Four. We were consistently excellent from about 1970 to the present time. Once we got Pearl and joined the Big East, we were perceived as a basketball school.

On the football side, I agree. And as long as we can keep Dino happy, we can have another great run, and re-establish ourselves as a football school, but this time on a much bigger stage than when we were a proud Eastern Independent.

I would imagine that he's going to be visiting the team, at least off and on.
I wonder how much he may be involved.
He might make a great mentor to Tommy, if it doesn't disrupt what the coaches are trying to do.
I don't know. If it were me, I wouldn't be hanging around too much. Let TD make it his team. I think ED is smart enough to know that.

I don't know. If it were me, I wouldn't be hanging around too much. Let TD make it his team. I think ED is smart enough to know that. View attachment 168355

I remember when Onuaku was rehabbing his quad in Syracuse after he graduated and he appeared with the team at Midnight Madness, the whole thing just seemed kind of sad.

Agree with you. Once your 4 or 5 years are up, it's important to stay at arm's length. Especially given the particulars surrounding the QB situation.

I think Boeheim would do a great job. He's a good speaker, good voice and would be prepared with information like nobody else would.

Can we counter with Al D'Amato?

I hope it's someone younger than me.

Al D'Amato is not running for president.

Having a viable presidential candidate - a former VP - on the program would bring a great deal of attention to the University - a good thing. Right?

As far as age is concerned, it doesn't matter to me - just a number.

Al D'Amato is not running for president.

Having a viable presidential candidate - a former VP - on the program would bring a great deal of attention to the University - a good thing. Right?

As far as age is concerned, it doesn't matter to me - just a number.

Didn't have have some issues at SU law? 18 different oppo research teams would tweet that out while he's telling stories of Trevor Cooney's grandfather.

I'm sure Wildhack has this whole thing covered.

They're already in Week 9.

that makes sense

i obviously dont follow the CFL at all since I didn't know that but you would think at least 1 team would be QB needy and give ED a call for a tryout

Didn't have have some issues at SU law? 18 different oppo research teams would tweet that out while he's telling stories of Trevor Cooney's grandfather.

I'm sure Wildhack has this whole thing covered.

Biden is respected on both sides of the aisle and was the Vice President of the United States for eight years.

That's good enough for me.

And if you want Al D'Amato to join the panel, I'm fine with that.

Having Syracuse University associated on national television with a popular Democratic VP and a popular Republican U.S. Senator is good for the school.

Let’s face it, JB is the NATIONS Celebrity Picker.

The man is in the HOF of pickers.

He’s GOT to be the choice...