Eric | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric

I was just explaining to my brother today that dungey could be like edelman. He has that grit and although he isn’t the best QB in the draft he has intangibles you can’t teach. I hope the patriots pick him up!
Please not the Patriots, about 30 other teams I say great.

Please not the Patriots, about 30 other teams I say great.
But I’m saying if there was a coach in the league to give him a chance at an alternate position, the patriots would probably be the best bet IMO. Not saying he isn’t going to be a QB... just with the pats they typically find the best use out of their players.

It's sad to see cause all the effort he gives but he just doesn't have the arm talent that NFL evaluators are looking for. Hopefully he can continue to grow in either the AAF or XFL. These new leagues will be great for a guy like Dungey. Gives him an opportunity that he wouldn't have had in the past

Although he has a long shot, many of you are too quick to dismiss Eric from the NFL. The game has changed and his style of QB play is becoming more familiar at the next level. His arm strength and accuracy are his biggest flaws, but the right OC can craft game-plans that limit those weaknesses. Also, he is capable of making any of these throws, as evidenced many times this season (NC St game specifically), but it's the consistency of them that is missing (UNC game). I'd imagine that's all he's working on while training at the RW QB camp.

Hopefully, his agent will showcase him in the most favorable way. His private workouts and pro days will be paramount. The kid has a chance, don't rule him out.

Although he has a long shot, many of you are too quick to dismiss Eric from the NFL. The game has changed and his style of QB play is becoming more familiar at the next level. His arm strength and accuracy are his biggest flaws, but the right OC can craft game-plans that limit those weaknesses. Also, he is capable of making any of these throws, as evidenced many times this season (NC St game specifically), but it's the consistency of them that is missing (UNC game). I'd imagine that's all he's working on while training at the RW QB camp.

Hopefully, his agent will showcase him in the most favorable way. His private workouts and pro days will be paramount. The kid has a chance, don't rule him out.
I truly feel what let him down some games were his mechanics. Watch td and he practices his mechanics on every play and watching Ed he doesn’t all the time. So in some big games he would lean back on throw instead of step into it or corkscrewnthe ball afterword. Now I ain’t no qb whisperer but pretty obvious if he fixes this he can throw like NCST game.

Julian Edelman, who was a QB at Kent State, did not get invited to the Combine. Pats worked him out privately and decided to draft him because of his athleticism ... and then figure out where to play him. He started with Pats as a punt returner. And this year he was the MVP of the Super Bowl as a wide receiver.

Agreed, A winning organization, Pats, Packers, Steelers, Eagles etc will take ED because he has some intangibles that cant be taught, not saying he will be a QB, but someone will see his value and have a vision of how to use him. Hell, watched the AAF last night and thought of him, could have played last night.

I don't get the discounting of a bubble screen. From hash mark to opposite sideline is a 40 yard throw.

ED may have thrown a lot of bubble screens, but he threw to a bevy of receivers who will not earn an nfl
Paycheck - possible exception being Custis. He made some receivers look good. He lead the team. He played tough, and sacrificed himself for the team. I don’t know if Dungey will make it in the NFL or not. But MOST players who make it only play for 3 or 4 years. If I had an NFL team, I’d invest in Dungey for 3 or 4 years and see what he had.

dungey should go be the face of some xfl team for a while then get into broadcasting.

not sure what position he converts to and he's not an NFL qb. nothing wrong with playing QB in some other league, make some money, have fun, stay in the game, then go call one of ten zillion college game broadcasts

Will be interesting to see if he benefits from healing / physically recuperating and not taking hits for an extended period of time. He looked more accurate earlier in his career than he did this past year -- was it the cumulative effect of injuries, bad mechanics, or does he just lack arm talent?

If he can't make into the NFL would much rather see Eric get into the AAF then XFL. Saw a lot of read option plays in the AAF this weekend and Dungey could be a beast in the league imo.

Will be interesting to see if he benefits from healing / physically recuperating and not taking hits for an extended period of time. He looked more accurate earlier in his career than he did this past year -- was it the cumulative effect of injuries, bad mechanics, or does he just lack arm talent?

His injuries will be looked at closely, no doubt.

I actually felt like he got too jacked for a QB. Looks like he's leaned down a bit since he started training, which will hopefully help with many aspects of his arm. His mechanics need work, the side-arm throws need to go. His back foot throws were painful to watch.

Look forward to seeing how this unfolds. Someone will take a shot on him.

If he can't make into the NFL would much rather see Eric get into the AAF then XFL. Saw a lot of read option plays in the AAF this weekend and Dungey could be a beast in the league imo.
CFL?

I could see him doing well in the CFL
His game is perfsuited for the CFL. Plus, he can make a lot of money playing there. Some of the recent contracts handed out to established QB’s were big

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom