Escape from LA - Thanksgiving Edition | Syracusefan.com

Escape from LA - Thanksgiving Edition

Lived in Boston from 95-00. I remember trying to drive back to Troy on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Pike looked very much like this. Those were very very long drives.

If I die and go to hell, it will either look like that or 5am at a shopping outlet on Black Friday.
Now, just when do you think God created hell??? Hmmmmm?

If I die and go to hell, it will either look like that or 5am at a shopping outlet on Black Friday.
Why are people stupid enough to shop on Black Friday? The "savings" aren't worth it!

"Cyber Monday" originated when people had dial-up connections and only business had high-speed ones. Now everyone has one. Why are people stupid enough to sit in front of their screen waiting for the store's site to respond on Cyber Monday when it will respond faster every other day? The "savings" aren't worth it.!

I'm not sure where that photo was taken. I drove from Phoenix to LA yesterday. There was a lot more traffic on the way to LA than I have ever seen. A TON more. All the way from Phoenix. Lots of RVs and campers. But traffic in LA was not bad. On top of that, I have a view of the 101 through the valley from my hotel window, and traffic was the lightest I have ever seen last night around 6:30. Moving fast, which it almost never does. Not sure where this was taken.Maybe the 405 by Hughes Center as there are just a few high buildings. It looks like regular rush hour, just a little more traffic.

I'm not sure where that photo was taken. I drove from Phoenix to LA yesterday. There was a lot more traffic on the way to LA than I have ever seen. A TON more. All the way from Phoenix. Lots of RVs and campers. But traffic in LA was not bad. On top of that, I have a view of the 101 through the valley from my hotel window, and traffic was the lightest I have ever seen last night around 6:30. Moving fast, which it almost never does. Not sure where this was taken.Maybe the 405 by Hughes Center as there are just a few high buildings. It looks like regular rush hour, just a little more traffic.

Are you suggesting that's "fake news?"

Confused_Ryan_Office.0.gif

The 60, 605 and 210 was absolutely brutal last night. Lots of Palm Springs/high desert travelers.
Pretty dead today tbh

The 60, 605 and 210 was absolutely brutal last night. Lots of Palm Springs/high desert travelers.
Pretty dead today tbh

I made the horrible mistake of agreeing to watch my daughter's HS soccer game in Newport at 3pm yesterday. I left Santa Monica at 1:40 and got there at half time. 2 hours to go 42 miles. The real fun began coming home at 5:30.

And her team lost.

And it was only an exhibition.

I never took the 60. My parents lived in Palm Desert for 30 years. Hate the 60. I also will try to NEVER take the 605. Hate that road. I was on the 210. The 210, 605 intersection was the lightest I have ever encountered. My son lived in Pasadena for a year a few years ago. That was always busy. Nothin mid afternoon yesterday. Philly, my son just moved from Santa Monica/Culver City to the Valley (Woodland Hills) Spent a lot of time in that area.
My other son flew in from Toronto last night to surprise us. His uber from LAX to Woodland Hills was only $40. He came up the 405 about 9:30. He said traffic, but not too crazy. But then 9:30 should be pretty empty.

Why are people stupid enough to shop on Black Friday? The "savings" aren't worth it!

"Cyber Monday" originated when people had dial-up connections and only business had high-speed ones. Now everyone has one. Why are people stupid enough to sit in front of their screen waiting for the store's site to respond on Cyber Monday when it will respond faster every other day? The "savings" aren't worth it.!

Yeah. Sales happen all year long. It’s really not that big of a deal.

I had a seven hour commute home about 6 years back from DC to just north of Baltimore the day before Thanksgiving about 8 yrs back. The beltway north via 270 or 95 this time of year is about the same as the LA picture.

For some folks, their time is considered free, and their money is tight.
Others aren’t happy unless the get something for less, no matter the cost to them in time or aggravation. The harder to get the savings, the more they have to brag about.
There is a great book about how people assess and process price vs value. “Predictably Irrational” by Dan Ariely. Suffice it to say , “free” trumps everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom