ESPN 30 for 30: Jimmy Connors | Syracusefan.com

ESPN 30 for 30: Jimmy Connors

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
Anyone watch the 30 for 30 about Jimmy Connors US Open run in 1991 at the age of 39? I remember it well, I was a tennis player in college at the time and it was amazing to watch Connors beat some of the best in the game, at the time. Until Courier killed him. But, the part that got me, was that he has never spoken to Aaron Krickstein, who was one of his few friends on tour, since beating him in that epic 5 set match. That match pretty much ended Krickstein's career, and Connors never even gave him a call. He said something about thinking that he didn't have to apologize for winning the match, and he certainly didn't. But, call your "friend" and give him some encouragement, jeesh.

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 about Jimmy Connors US Open run in 1991 at the age of 39? I remember it well, I was a tennis player in college at the time and it was amazing to watch Connors beat some of the best in the game, at the time. Until Courier killed him. But, the part that got me, was that he has never spoken to Aaron Krickstein, who was one of his few friends on tour, since beating him in that epic 5 set match. That match pretty much ended Krickstein's career, and Connors never even gave him a call. He said something about thinking that he didn't have to apologize for winning the match, and he certainly didn't. But, call your "friend" and give him some encouragement, jeesh.
Great player, huge a-hole

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Great player, huge a-hole

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
I totally agree, but strangely, I always wanted to like Connors. And I did, despite his douchebaggery. The guy played tennis differently than everyone else. First of all, he hit the ball so flat, so little room for error. No topspin, or very little. And he fought for every single point. You see guys just letting balls go all the time, not worth the effort. But Connors wanted every single point. This documentary was very well done and captured that magical US Open run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom