ESPN and ACC (my post other side) | Syracusefan.com

ESPN and ACC (my post other side)

arbitragegls

All Conference
Morning to all...and a bit of history that may provide reading pleasure...especially if you want to believe that the ACC is here to stay and the upside is escalating beyond our expectations.

Have alluded to some of this information previously, but was told in confidence not to disclose until the forward motion had reached a potential of no return...well movement appears on-going. A bit of history...

Question: Where is ESPN located?
Answer: Bristol CT...(so what we all know that)

Question: Where is ESPNU located?
Answer: Charlotte, North Carolina--IT IS THE ESPN REGIONAL TELEVISION NETWORK and has been located in Charlotte for 2 1/2 years.

Question: Where is ESPN3 located?
Answer: With ESPNU

Here is some information to help sort this out and why its meaningful to 'Cuse and ACC:

To program the digital platform, ESPN has begun striking content deals with ACC schools for some basketball and third-tier broadcast rights. To date, North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State, and Georgia Tech are on board, with a source at ESPN saying that more announcements are on the way.
The agreements offer an increased amount of content for fans and obvious recruiting advantages for the schools...think Tier 2 and Tier 3.
“We felt this gave us a great opportunity to broadcast some of our Olympic sports that wouldn’t otherwise be broadcast,” says Bubba Cunningham, athletics director at the University of North Carolina. “So we thought the investment that we could make and the investment that they were willing to make was very beneficial to the both of us.”
LINK: http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/20...to-raise-streaming-quality-of-college-sports/
And as sample of where the ESPNU partnership with ACC has gone note the following links:
http://video.theacc.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/ACCDigitalNetwork
What does all this auger for the ACC--movement is progressing toward the ACC and ESPN to form a network that will provide ACC content to an ACC network One of the strategies and tactic is to develop and execute ESPN/ACC on the same tier as ESPNU(what's big here is that ACC contract is FULLYwith ESPN and an ESPNU/ACC network monetizes Tier 1 even higher --so ESPN is not going to let the FOX/B1G network or NBCSports or CBSSports dwarf its domain. Bottom Line is that this movement with ESPN and ACC is further along than many of us had thought. Now the challenge is to bring it home in a short period of time--as pointed out in the Dodd's CBSsports article in my thread a few days ago...baby steps that are becoming long strides. Each of these steps and programming will add significant $$$ to ACC and its teams.
This is great news for the ACC and 'Cuse. Discuss and question.
Hope this brings further holiday spirit to you all...and to all a terrific 'Cuse upcoming year and beyond!

http://video.theacc.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/ACCDigitalNetwork
What does all this auger for the ACC--movement is progressing toward the ACC and ESPN to form a network that will provide ACC content to an ACC network One of the strategies and tactic is to develop and execute ESPN/ACC on the same tier as ESPNU(what's big here is that ACC contract is FULLYwith ESPN and an ESPNU/ACC network monetizes Tier 1 even higher --so ESPN is not going to let the FOX/B1G network or NBCSports or CBSSports dwarf its domain. Bottom Line is that this movement with ESPN and ACC is further along than many of us had thought. Now the challenge is to bring it home in a short period of time--as pointed out in the Dodd's CBSsports article in my thread a few days ago...baby steps that are becoming long strides. Each of these steps and programming will add significant $$$ to ACC and its teams.
This is great news for the ACC and 'Cuse. Discuss and question.
Hope this brings further holiday spirit to you all...and to all a terrific 'Cuse upcoming year and beyond!

Hello arbitragegls, Appreciate the info, but could you please go into your post and edit the text size... Some of the curmudgeonly old men who frequent this joint won't be able to read that miniscule text. Thanks again.

Hello arbitragegls, Appreciate the info, but could you please go into your post and edit the text size... Some of the curmudgeonly old men who frequent this joint won't be able to read that miniscule text. Thanks again.
Hope it is fixed...did so...didnt realize it came out so small for such BIG NEWS.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

ARRGHH!!!!! THE FONT IS TOO BIG!!! My reading glasses just shattered!! Shrink it before my iPad retina display fails catastrophically!! :)

colbert-OHMYGOD.gif

thanks for the cross post, arb. you should do it more often - your posts are the only reason I ever journey over to the football ghetto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom