ESPN comparing Briscoe to Stephen Thompson | Syracusefan.com

ESPN comparing Briscoe to Stephen Thompson

ST was part of an elite 8 and Title game in two different seasons, Briscoe wont be so lucky. Briscoe unlike ST is overweight. Otherwise the comparison has some merit imo...

ST was part of an elite 8 and Title game in two different seasons, Briscoe wont be so lucky. Briscoe unlike ST is overweight. Otherwise the comparison has some merit imo...

Not to mention that was when college hoops was loaded with far more talent than currently, partly due to NBA expansion, etc. For me, Stevie is still top 10 Cuse of all time, despite his lack of stroke. Wasnt that back during the last time a Battle was on the court with Syracuse?!?

I agree with everyone here. Over the last 30 years of college basketball, they couldn't think of anyone that more closely resembles Isaiah Briscoe? Because it isn't Stevie. When I think of Stevie, I think breakaway dunks, follow up dunks, ill advised outside shots, tight defense and unbelievable athleticism. The only thing on that list that suits Briscoe is the ill advised outside shots.

To be noted, Bilas did qualify that comparison with "Thompson was a much better player".

Just now during the Wildcats game vs. Florida. Thought it was interesting.

#FakeNews

First of all, it was not "ESPN," that compared the two.

The moment you reference happened in-game during conversation between Dan Shulman and Jay Bilas - arguably the most respected college basketball analyst in America.

It was mentioned that Briscoe runs the baseline as Thompson did and Bilas IMMEDIATELY interjected, (paraphrased) "Now, Thompson was a much better player than Briscoe is."

ESPN never "compared" the two in such a way that your original post insinuates.

Stevie's name came up and Jay Bilas said Thompson was a better player.

Also, I know this post reads as harsh toward you. I'm not trying to flame.

Just wanted to elaborate on your post as, reading the replies, it appears others have taken the comparison personally. As if, "How dare they compare Briscoe to our legend?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom