ESPN Cut List.. | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

Read an article yesterday that those that won't be cut will be the ones on their silly talk shows. Looks like the folks that report actual sports items are the ones that will be let go (see above).

Read an article yesterday that those that won't be cut will be the ones on their silly talk shows. Looks like the folks that report actual sports items are the ones that will be let go (see above).
Yeah, ESPN sucks now. I turned on the 6 o'clock Sportscenter and it was two people giving their opinion on stupid stuff. I couldn't believe it. This is what they think people want? Is this what people want? Not this people. I want scores and information. Not opinions from people that know less than me about sports. Unbelievable. It is unwatchable.

I wonder if part of it is that no one watches those stupid shows so their revenue is down, thus the layoffs. And they are paying Mike Greenberg 6.5 million dollars a year. He's ok when he is with Golic, but no way would I listen to him solo, just like I have never tuned into Mad Dog since he left WFAN. It's unfortunate anytime anyone loses a job, especially if it is people who really know their craft.
ESPN’s Mike Greenberg says he regrets how possible ‘Mike & Mike’ breakup has been handled

Why is it that television has gone from providing information to providing opinions. Every channel is trying to tell us how to think, instead of providing the information and letting us form our own opinions? And, it is freaking working. So many sheep out there.

I wonder if part of it is that no one watches those stupid shows so their revenue is down, thus the layoffs. And they are paying Mike Greenberg 6.5 million dollars a year. He's ok when he is with Golic, but no one would I listen to him solo, just like I have never tuned into Mad Dog since he left WFAN. It's unfortunate anytime anyone loses a job, especially if it is people who really know their craft.
ESPN’s Mike Greenberg says he regrets how possible ‘Mike & Mike’ breakup has been handled
Yeah, no offense to him, but Mike Greenbergs are a dime a dozen. I am sure he is good at what he does, but there are a million people lined up behind him to do his job, and many could do it to a reasonable level. I think ESPN executives are missing the mark on what is valuable and wanted by the public. But, people will still demand ESPN for the live content.

Yeah, no offense to him, but Mike Greenbergs are a dime a dozen.
Or 65 guys at 100,000 at what they are paying him. I was thinking about this last night while watching the NBA, how much is TNT paying Shaq, Chuck, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson. I like the four of them but does the viewership justify paying all four of them. You are right about ESPN and live content. That is what they were founded on and that is what will keep them going, but fortunately (or unfortunately) a lot of the back round noise will hopefully go away.

Yeah, ESPN sucks now. I turned on the 6 o'clock Sportscenter and it was two people giving their opinion on stupid stuff. I couldn't believe it. This is what they think people want? Is this what people want? Not this people. I want scores and information. Not opinions from people that know less than me about sports. Unbelievable. It is unwatchable.
the 6 is the most embarrassing TV product I have ever tried to watch. Literally should be ashamed of themselves

Or 65 guys at 100,000 at what they are paying him. I was thinking about this last night while watching the NBA, how much is TNT paying Shaq, Chuck, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson. I like the four of them but does the viewership justify paying all four of them. You are right about ESPN and live content. That is what they were founded on and that is what will keep them going, but fortunately (or unfortunately) a lot of the back round noise will hopefully go away.
Give me Sportscenter like it used to be. Scores and highlights. I don't care who hosts, I really don't. So, they don't need to promote them and show me them dancing. I don't care if they are having a good time. I don't want their opinions or quips. If I want opinions, I will watch the Sports Reporters. If I want good sports stories, I will watch Outside the Lines. I like the insiders that have news about their respective leagues. But, I don't need Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless or freaking Bomani Jones or Michael and Jamelle. I don't like hockey, but I like what Barry Melrose brings. Former players are great.

the 6 is the most embarrassing TV product I have ever tried to watch. Literally should be ashamed of themselves
Thank you, I couldn't make sense of it. They are calling it Sportscenter but it was a couple of people just blabbing and seeming quite satisfied with themselves. And, in the commercials they are freaking dancing and having a good time, who the F cares?

Thank you, I couldn't make sense of it. They are calling it Sportscenter but it was a couple of people just blabbing and seeming quite satisfied with themselves. And, in the commercials they are freaking dancing and having a good time, who the cares?
its beyond bad. I cant believe they would actually put that type of product on the air

Why is it that television has gone from providing information to providing opinions. Every channel is trying to tell us how to think, instead of providing the information and letting us form our own opinions? And, it is freaking working. So many sheep out there.

The internet in our pocket is the reason they run commentary and discussion over scores and highlights.

its beyond bad. I cant believe they would actually put that type of product on the air
Are we just old? Who is the demographic? Who wants to watch this crap? Do they get ratings? I remember when they started shoving Michael and Jemele down our throats, putting them on every show they had. I have nothing against either of them, but I didn't find them the least bit entertaining. They didn't tell me anything I didn't know, and their opinions didn't matter to me. Maybe it's just me, but I don't care that much about other peoples opinions. I like information. I like stories from former players, especially legendary players. I still think that the best show that Mike and Mike ever did was when they were in Cincinnati for the All-Star game and they had Johnny Bench on and Johnny did all the work, he was fascinating. If they did one of those per week with a former player, especially Hall of Famers, in any sport, it would be can't miss for me.

The internet in our pocket is the reason they run commentary and discussion over scores and highlights.
You are very likely right. So, they should change ESPN into a combination of ESPN and ESPN Classic and show old games during the day.

Are we just old? Who is the demographic? Who wants to watch this crap? Do they get ratings? I remember when they started shoving Michael and Jemele down our throats, putting them on every show they had. I have nothing against either of them, but I didn't find them the least bit entertaining. They didn't tell me anything I didn't know, and their opinions didn't matter to me. Maybe it's just me, but I don't care that much about other peoples opinions. I like information. I like stories from former players, especially legendary players. I still think that the best show that Mike and Mike ever did was when they were in Cincinnati for the All-Star game and they had Johnny Bench on and Johnny did all the work, he was fascinating. If they did one of those per week with a former player, especially Hall of Famers, in any sport, it would be can't miss for me.

I never liked wither one of them on any of the ESPN shows to begin with. Especially Michael Smith. Total tool

Probably could've saved a few jobs with the amount of money they've sunk into promoting Michael and Jamele. I didn't enjoy their appearances on M&M. There own show was unwatchable, IMO, so handing them Sportscenter just pushes me to explore other options. Obviously I'm not their target audience anymore.

I wonder if part of it is that no one watches those stupid shows so their revenue is down, thus the layoffs. And they are paying Mike Greenberg 6.5 million dollars a year. He's ok when he is with Golic, but no way would I listen to him solo, just like I have never tuned into Mad Dog since he left WFAN. It's unfortunate anytime anyone loses a job, especially if it is people who really know their craft.

I don't know anything about Greenberg personally except how he comes off on air (which feels genuine). I don't think he's a guy that's going to handle it well that he's getting a raise to $6.5M while 100 employees are being let go for payroll trimming. He strikes me as someone who's going to feel incredibly guilty about it. I bet the guy who prides himself on aging slowly, is about to age quickly. At least for the first year or so.

Throw me in that briar patch. I'll handle it just fine.

no different than sports in general.. There is no way greenburg is worth 6.5 million , does he bring in that much revenue or will be once he leaves that show.. if you told me he was making $200K I would have thought he was doing pretty well for what little he does.

I'm 26 and I hate it. Have tried to watch it on 3 separate occasions. It sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom