ESPN Cut List.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

The rights to NBA and NFL are huge, I can go to YouTube for highlights, and First Take gets ratings.

No one complaining about SC not showing highlights is going to sit through that show to watch highlights of the cuse game like it's 2000. That's not the way it is anymore.

NHL should grab him. Hes a huge hockey guy and would be a good fit
more people needed to do that, ie: jump to a league specific like Eisen or went local with a National tie in like Pidto on MSG and NHLN.

the smart ones got out and got themselves a real gig.

a few minutes every other week on sportscenter or out at some random college hoop game on a sideline, will not make you the next Chris Berman or Hannah Storm.

I think that CNN should jump back in to the sports information game. Grab all the good talent that is getting axed and
The rights to NBA and NFL are huge, I can go to YouTube for highlights, and First Take gets ratings.

No one complaining about SC not showing highlights is going to sit through that show to watch highlights of the cuse game like it's 2000. That's not the way it is anymore.
I liked to turn Sportscenter on in the morning or at night, just for scores and highlights. Not even specific sport or team. Now, I can't even handle having it on in the background.

The ESPN NBA and MLB TV contracts they just signed were awful deals. ESPN drastically over paid for these rights.

Disney is making ESPN cut off expenses.

I think that CNN should jump back in to the sports information game. Grab all the good talent that is getting axed and

I liked to turn Sportscenter on in the morning or at night, just for scores and highlights. Not even specific sport or team. Now, I can't even handle having it on in the background.

I don't think most people consume sports like that anymore though. I can see the score of any game or any highlight whenever I want. And that doesn't even get into NFL/MLB/NBA networks who all do it better than SC.

The ESPN NBA and MLB TV contracts they just signed were awful deals. ESPN drastically over paid for these rights.

Disney is making ESPN cut off expenses.
So, does the one that approved these bad deals get fired, or possibly take a reduction in pay? I am guessing no to both, in fact, he probably accepted a bonus that would pay 2 or 3 or more of these folks for a year.

So, does the one that approved these bad deals get fired, or possibly take a reduction in pay? I am guessing no to both, in fact, he probably accepted a bonus that would pay 2 or 3 or more of these folks for a year.
I don't disagree with you. I think John Skipper is a joke.

Skipper has allowed politics to infest ESPN that is on him.

He wants to allow the perception of the network to tilt left that has hurt them.

I don't think most people consume sports like that anymore though. I can see the score of any game or any highlight whenever I want. And that doesn't even get into NFL/MLB/NBA networks who all do it better than SC.
You are right, I check scores on my phone often. But, when I get home and I sit down, I would rather look at my TV. I am probably in the minority, and I understand that. And the fact is that NFL/MLB/NBA networks do it better, is not the issue, because it is up to ESPN to then up their game and do it better, instead they make it a bunch of crap. They have to fill that time with something, they have to figure out what people want to see and then provide that. I am not sure what it is, but they are driving people away.

Seriously, I don't need to sit through 25 minutes of games I don't care about to see 2 minutes of highlights for a game I do. The ACC puts out a great highlight package after every game. SU puts out a highlight package with Matt Park's calls. The world is just different now.

Since ESPN is the backbone of the upcoming ACC Network, is this development concerning?

Since ESPN is the backbone of the upcoming ACC Network, is this development concerning?
No because ESPN will profit from the agreement and got an extension on game rights to do it.

ESPNU or ESPNews may get the axe for the ACC network

I don't disagree with you. I think John Skipper is a joke.

Skipper has allowed politics to infest ESPN that is on him.

He wants to allow the perception of the network to tilt left that has hurt them.

Politics plays a very minor role. It's TV habits and the internet that's eating away at their viewership.

Possibly meaning that we won't have to listen to Corey Alexander or LaPhonso Ellis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom