Espn cuts - Dana O'Neill and Eamonn Brennan | Syracusefan.com

Espn cuts - Dana O'Neill and Eamonn Brennan

Wow. Carnage in Bristol. Didn't realize it was that bad.
There is a long thread on the football board.

Len ELMORE GONE>

Danny Kennel...gone...Rusillo getting scaled back.

I dont hate Greeny, I just dont think he is so much better than anyone else at what he does that he is worth 6.5 million and people making 100k should be laid off. I listened to the show for the guests much more than for the spiel of mike and mike

do we all jus hate greeny cuz he said syracuse shouldn't have made the tourney last year? because I think greeny is great at what he does.

He's pretty much wrong about everything all the time and then flip flops when he is, but yeah keep telling yourself he's great.

He's pretty much wrong about everything all the time and then flip flops when he is, but yeah keep telling yourself he's great.
It's not Greenie's fault the show gets high ratings and guests enjoy talking to him/them. That is why his salary is so high. He's the closest thing to a fan on the air today and because of that he's idiotically wrong sometimes. What will be a real shame is if the rumor of the Mikes being split up and Greenie hosting a new morning SC modeled after the Today Show/Good Morning America talk show style. That imo would be an epic failure because Greenie without Golic is just another journalism grad that likes sports. He's a Jet Metter with an oafish foil to play off of. On a separate subject a Mike and Mike consisting of the 2 Golics wouldn't last either though Mike Jr has a long career ahead of him.

It's not Greenie's fault the show gets high ratings and guests enjoy talking to him/them. That is why his salary is so high. He's the closest thing to a fan on the air today and because of that he's idiotically wrong sometimes. What will be a real shame is if the rumor of the Mikes being split up and Greenie hosting a new morning SC modeled after the Today Show/Good Morning America talk show style. That imo would be an epic failure because Greenie without Golic is just another journalism grad that likes sports. He's a Jet Metter with an oafish foil to play off of. On a separate subject a Mike and Mike consisting of the 2 Golics wouldn't last either though Mike Jr has a long career ahead of him.

TBH I just think Greeny has stupid opinions, especially about basketball(College/NBA) and that's my favorite sport. He's still living in a 90's fantasy world of hoop.

TBH I just think Greeny has stupid opinions, especially about basketball(College/NBA) and that's my favorite sport. He's still living in a 90's fantasy world of hoop.
I do not dispute at all Greenburg's lack of knowledge in several areas of sports. To me he's that member of your group of friends that you are constantly saying "You're an idiot man" to.

Great article! Biggest point is that even in this cost cutting measure ESPN has done 100% the wrong thing to bring back its core sports junkie viewer. It is cutting actual sports reporters and keeping all the "carnival barkers." Or as I call them, my reason to change the channel. When I go to ESPN these days its to watch a game or Sportscenter. If I turn on Sportscenter and don't see highlights, I turn the channel. I'll watch college womens bowling before I'd watch 2 "sports reporters" talking about sports issues. :bang:

Whoever authorized Mike Greenberg's 6.5 million dollar salary should be gone yesterday.

These cuts are a joke and getting rid of information for people who are repped by CAA.

Whether you like the people who were laid off or not, they're not replacing them.

So less news from another forum.

Here's one of the $ quotes from that article:

The most interesting aspect of the mass layoffs on Wednesday isn’t that they happened, it’s who the network targeted. Not the high-priced carnival barkers and the know-nothing loudmouths doing their best to make Rachel Maddow proud.
Nope. ESPN targeted sports reporters. In an effort to cut some fat from its bottom line, ESPN exchanged a scalpel for a chainsaw, skipped the fat entirely, and went straight to cutting out muscle.

If ESPN wants to once again be the worldwide leader in sports, it should refocus on covering sports, which used to be a refuge from politics and the news. America is politicized enough already, and if its citizens want political news, several cable outlets do political news far better than ESPN ever could. Instead of doing sports and politics poorly, perhaps the network could return to the thing that it used to do better than everyone else in the world: cover live sports.

#StickToSports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom