ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

At 7-0? We 100% have a better time selling tickets against ANY ND team than NC St. The 7-0 hype for the Orange just adds to that fire.
Well, at 7-0 I think we definitely. I was more talking about if we were by some fluke 6-1. But that’s not going to happen anyway, so sold out it is!

After the Stanford game tonight I’m starting to think we’re gonna stomp ND.
I'd rank Clemson (obviously), Wake, Florida St. as tougher games for SU than Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish stink.

I'd rank Clemson (obviously), Wake, Florida St. as tougher games for SU than Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish stink.

Agreed 144%.

ND may now be the 2nd “easiest” game left on the schedule, well above BC.

I’d rank them:
@ Clemson
@ Wake
@ Pitt (because we struggle so bad there)
FSU
ND
@ BC

FSU slightly “easier” than Pitt due to being in the Dome.

Oct 29 options are:

Kansas State (hosting Oklahoma State). But K State is at TCU this weekend.
Penn State (hosting Ohio State). Noon game, Big Fox Noon kickoff is there, which doesn't always matter.
Us.

That's the list. They're not going to Knoxville for a 3rd time, and they're not doing the Cocktail Party. They'll 100% be in Athens the following weekend for TN @ Georgia.

Unless they do some Montana - Weber State FCS bull****.

If we win, I think it's a no brainer. If we cover (i.e. play close) it's a really good chance. If we get steamrolled, all bets are off.

Oct 29 options are:

Penn State (hosting Ohio State). Noon game, Big Fox Noon kickoff is there, which doesn't always matter.
Us.

That's the list. They're not going to Knoxville for a 3rd time, and they're not doing the Cocktail Party. They'll 100% be in Athens the following weekend for TN @ Georgia.

If we win, I think it's a no brainer. If we cover (i.e. play close) it's a really good chance. If we get steamrolled, all bets are off.
Idk man, that’s a pretty big B10 game unfortunately. They obviously should come here instead, but between that and ND being a dud this year.. not so sure.

Far as our NCS game, turns out we didn’t need them anyway. We packed the Dome without them, was crazy loud, impacted the game big time with the 12th man, and dominated the entire game.

If Gameday does come to the ND game, McAfee needs to be booed every time he opens his mouth. Not for not picking us, but for that stupid remark in the beginning of the show abut us being irrelevant since 2001; 2018 was a mere four years ago. We were not irrelevant then. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of his trash talking.

Last edited:
Oct 29 options are:

Us.

If ND had won, IMO we would have gotten it. Now I think we need to beat Clemson. Maybe we could get it with a close loss to Clemson, since we have never had it. But I think they go to Penn State assuming they beat Minny. I don't think both K State and Okie State win this weekend. One of them will fall, if not both.

If ND had won, IMO we would have gotten it. Now I think we need to beat Clemson. Maybe we could get it with a close loss to Clemson, since we have never had it. But I think they go to Penn State assuming they beat Minny. I don't think both K State and Okie State win this weekend. One of them will fall, if not both.

This weekend's rooting guide:

1. TCU - remove K State from the equation
2. Minnesota - remove PSU from the equation, plus it just makes you a better person.
3. ND - to beat UNLV, not much of a stretch there. ND is always a story, but coming in from a Stanford/UNLV losing streak may be too much to handle.
4. Montana State at home vs Weber State - just to remove any FCS doubt
5. Oregon - Not Gameday related, but we don't need any undefeated Pac 12 teams getting in the way of our playoff push.

This all happens, and we win or even cover, we should be good.

Lol we aren’t getting Gameday this season

But we will get it for a game next season

That seems a little short sighted. There's definitely a chance we can host for Notre Dame. The other options aren't that amazing and we're a pretty big feel good story this year. A 3-3 Notre Dame is still a bigger name than a 5-1 NC State.

Even if we don't get it, it's not the end of the world.

Lol we aren’t getting Gameday this season

But we will get it for a game next season
One thing I found odd was McAfee (who I legit don’t like now) made a few comments inferring that everyone behind the scenes at ESPN is pulling for Cuse. We all have known this obviously, but some have suspected it’s not really a factor. McAfee was complaining otherwise.

Also, that guy they had on who was doing his own segment with his own picks (I don’t remember his name) adamantly said TWICE that they should have been in Syracuse. He said that on the air. I think we’re on the cusp.

One thing I found odd was McAfee (who I legit don’t like now) made a few comments inferring that everyone behind the scenes at ESPN is pulling for Cuse. We all have known this obviously, but some have suspected it’s not really a factor. McAfee was complaining otherwise.

Also, that guy they had on who was doing his own segment with his own picks (I don’t remember his name) adamantly said TWICE that they should have been in Syracuse. He said that on the air. I think we’re on the cusp.
bear

McAfee is an entertainer. He's playing HEEL wrestler and is cutting promos during the picks segment. His co-host in WWE was Michael Cole (worked name but a Syracuse Alumn) who he is BFF's with so a lot of what he was saying was tongue in cheek with his friends behind the scenes and Cole (who's name he dropped on air this past week) who are all SU alumns.

In the past, the Bear has been very negative on Syracuse football (I mean easy we have stunk) but he seemed to have taken joy in it. He was born and raised in Suffolk county NY but graduated from Miami. So who knows.

McAfee is an entertainer. He's playing HEEL wrestler and is cutting promos during the picks segment. His co-host in WWE was Michael Cole (worked name but a Syracuse Alumn) who he is BFF's with so a lot of what he was saying was tongue in cheek with his friends behind the scenes and Cole (who's name he dropped on air this past week) who are all SU alumns.

In the past, the Bear has been very negative on Syracuse football (I mean easy we have stunk) but he seemed to have taken joy in it. He was born and raised in Suffolk county NY but graduated from Miami. So who knows.
Yeah Screw that bear guy, he’s happy to hit a man when he’s down is my take watching him talk in the past, dude looks like an underdog in life, expected more than just nasty Cuse comments and write offs with ZERO respect. Screeeew him…..

Macafee on the other hand he’ll classily and happily eat crow on us, and if not, add him to the list…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom