ESPN greatest players bracket | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN greatest players bracket

Honestly I feel like including a few women in this thing actually sells women way short. There are so many great women players, and having their own bracket of 64 of them would give them the exposure they deserve.

The people who made it don’t know who they are though.

Honestly I feel like including a few women in this thing actually sells women way short. There are so many great women players, and having their own bracket of 64 of them would give them the exposure they deserve.
People wouldn’t watch it sadly. Doing it this way gets some of the better players in the mainstrwam

I also agree they should have done a women’s bracket though. I’d have loved to see my old manager at amazon get some attention. Naismith 1996 college player of the year and 1994 JUCO college player of the year

For some reason I can't. Acess the site. Is melo the only cuse player to make it?

Nobody disputes that those are tremendous accomplishments. She'd still lose a game of one-on-one to 21 by double digits [if not more] to most of the men on that list.
Absolutely. I was only pointing out that that was not the philosophy they used in organizing this exercise.

Here's the first line of the article linked above, which is vague about the intent / purpose of the article: Who's the greatest player in college basketball history?

I think you are reading into it, applying that lens -- I view it through a more literal lens about head-to-head play, but I can certainly see how you interpreted it differently.
You can tell by the seedings alone that they did not intend it to be a tournament of if they played one-on-one. As I pointed out above, there is no way Breanna Stewart would ever be considered better than all but three players in a tournament of one-on-one with the people on that list. Realistically, no girl would be in the field. In any tournament intended to be viewed simply as a one-on-one competition Michael Jordan is a one seed and neither JJ Redick nor Bobby Hurley are in the field.

What you want this to be would be a fun exercise and would replace a bunch of players in this bracket with different guys.

I just looked at the South Bracket this bleeping list includes Trey Young.
Trae Young wasn’t one of the top 100 college players of alltime and they have him on this list.
He had a good freshman season but nothing close to be included on this list.
His team finished his only year in college as a 10 seed and lost in the first round.

Gerry McNamara had a better college career than Trae Young.

True in theory and in reality for many people...but not me. I shoot way better with a men’s ball. The women’s ball feels too small, my pinky always feels weird and out of place, and I have visions of what Shaq must’ve felt like shooting a men’s ball on his FTs...which is the last thing you want to envision as you’re shooting.

Yep, same. The women’s ball has no weight to it, so when I shoot, it’s like being shot out of a cannon off my hand. The bank is always open with a women’s ball. Definitely is awkward when positioning your hand on it. I think my shot ends up looking like a Devo sidewinding jumper.

Yep, same. The women’s ball has no weight to it, so when I shoot, it’s like being shot out of a cannon off my hand. The bank is always open with a women’s ball. Definitely is awkward when positioning your hand on it. I think my shot ends up looking like a Devo sidewinding jumper.

Yup. Muscle memory is everything. If youve shot a men’s b-ball millions of times and then start shooting a woman’s ball...thats a weird and tough adjustment IMO.

Melo down to Magic 58/42 with an hour left.

FYI there is an ACC player poll out there too. Right now DC is beating Jordan, Pearl dropped Duncan, Billy Owens dumped Dajuan Blair and Melo dumped someone. If it sticks all four are in the elite eight. Cuse Twitter army needs to make the whole final four all Cuse.

I just looked at the South Bracket this bleeping list includes Trey Young.
Trae Young wasn’t one of the top 100 college players of alltime and they have him on this list.
He had a good freshman season but nothing close to be included on this list.
His team finished his only year in college as a 10 seed and lost in the first round.

Gerry McNamara had a better college career than Trae Young.
The whole thing is dumb. How does zion gets past laettner?The guy went to four final fours and won two titles.

The whole thing is dumb. How does zion gets past laettner?The guy went to four final fours and won two titles.

He did? Laettner won 22 out of the 23 games he played out of 24 total. 2 rings and those big shots.

Reading twitter comments(yeah, I know) on Melo vs. Grant Hill. I’m seeing stupid stuff like “Hill should have 90% of the votes” to “Hill was a bust in the NBA, and Melo is one of the best players ever”.

The truth is, both as college and NBA players they were close. Hill had the better college career because he stayed longer...but Melo’s one season was arguably better than any of Hill’s. Arguably.

Melo had the better NBA career because he lasted at a star level much longer but Hill was arguably better at their peaks. Again...arguably.(I’d give him a draw at best).

These twitter morons want to have it both ways and are incapable of discussing sports. Message boards>>>>

Obviously the “winner” is only runner up to the greatest to have ever played.

He was the playground legend, YMCA superstar,
The greatest to ever don the Bishop Grimes Jersey.

He was...BERNIEFINEFEVERCUSEEEEEEE!!!!
6E04433A-FDEF-4AEB-9EEA-305464250CAA.jpeg

Reading twitter comments(yeah, I know) on Melo vs. Grant Hill. I’m seeing stupid stuff like “Hill should have 90% of the votes” to “Hill was a bust in the NBA, and Melo is one of the best players ever”.

The truth is, both as college and NBA players they were close. Hill had the better college career because he stayed longer...but Melo’s one season was arguably better than any of Hill’s. Arguably.

Melo had the better NBA career because he lasted at a star level much longer but Hill was arguably better at their peaks. Again...arguably.(I’d give him a draw at best).

These twitter morons want to have it both ways and are incapable of discussing sports. Message boards>>>>

im not sure hill was better at his peaks. Melo carried a very average at best nuggets team to the western conference finals and took lakers to six in a very competitive series. Lakers dismantled the magic in the finals. Melo was basically unguardable at that time.

im not sure hill was better at his peaks. Melo carried a very average at best nuggets team to the western conference finals and took lakers to six in a very competitive series. Lakers dismantled the magic in the finals. Melo was basically unguardable at that time.

I personally would give it to Melo, but it’s at least arguable. Hill was a heck of an all around player.

I personally would give it to Melo, but it’s at least arguable. Hill was a heck of an all around player.

he was but I also think his peak was in one of the worst eras for the nba.

They pretty much lost me when they seeded Pete Maravich #13 but Shaq passing Lew Alcindor was a beaut.