ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman” | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman”

Dungey is a terrific competitor. If we run the table he's in the Top 4.

DM didn't win the Heisman because voting starting in like mid October and all the Notre Dame lovers in the media gave it to Tim Brown way too early, way before we finished 11-0.
That is true. Notre Dame gas a big publicity machine and they kept pushing Tim Brown early and often. That is why we can't let that happen again, by supporting our guy from the start.

That is true. Notre Dame gas a big publicity machine and they kept pushing Tim Brown early and often. That is why we can't let that happen again, by supporting our guy from the start.

my point was that it wouldn't have mattered. An ND guy was going to get it over a Cuse guy and still will, even if Wildhack does a handstand all the way down Broadway

my point was that it wouldn't have mattered. An ND guy was going to get it over a Cuse guy and still will, even if Wildhack does a handstand all the way down Broadway
That may be true. Buy as I remember that season, Donny wasn't even in the conversation until the pitch to Owens for an undefeated season. There's a lot of work to do to keep this possibility alive, but at least Dungey is getting some early run from the media and is in the conversation.

That may be true. Buy as I remember that season, Donny wasn't even in the conversation until the pitch to Owens for an undefeated season. There's a lot of work to do to keep this possibility alive, but at least Dungey is getting some early run from the media and is in the conversation.

That was our last regular season offensive play in the last game of the season.

Donny was certainly being discussed as a leading Heisman contender well before then.

That was our last regular season offensive play in the last game of the season.

Donny was certainly being discussed as a leading Heisman contender well before then.
Brown had already been anointed by the time the idiot voters figured out that Syracuse was undefeated and would be playing for a share of the National Championship, which Donny Mac led them to.

he is in some pretty good company with combined TDs vs INTs
but come on, Alabama finally got with the program on offense. tua tua'fupa will win every game and get the trophy
Alabama hasn't played a good team yet.

Last edited:
Let's just say that I live in reality and that's not how the Heisman works. The Heisman is going to a QB of a team that is going to the playoff unless a RB on a top 10 team goes for 2000+ and even that is probably not enough.
Not true!!! Lamar Jackson form Louisville not a playoff team.

It’s inarguable imo that Dungey has a fair shot. If we somehow finish with 10-11 wins and he has absurd numbers...fate may smile on us

I agree if we post that kinda record. But as good as EDs qb rating is, he isnt putting up huge, heisman numbers. A heisman qb needs a stable of very good wrs too. We dont have that.

We're not going 11-1 (or even 10-2) and Dungey won't be invited to NYC but it's kind of cool I had to write that...

Let's not set ourselves up for major disappointment, with the start of injuries (Pierce, Keller), nagging injuries (Cordy, Dungey), with more likely to come and with --though improved-- but still lacking depth, add in the up and down swing of emotions in any season, I'm gonna be happy with 8-4 and ecstatic with anything better than that.

We're not going 11-1 (or even 10-2) and Dungey won't be invited to NYC but it's kind of cool I had to write that...

Let's not set ourselves up for major disappointment, with the start of injuries (Pierce, Keller), nagging injuries (Cordy, Dungey), with more likely to come and with --though improved-- but still lacking depth, add in the up and down swing of emotions in any season, I'm gonna be happy with 8-4 and ecstatic with anything better than that.

Exactly where I'm at. Is it possible to do better than 8-4? Yes. But I'm not quite there yet with expecting it or to be disappointed if we don't.

Blasphemy

We are going 13-1. NC State will beat Clemson and we will win the breaker and beat Miami and then beat Washington!

Not true!!! Lamar Jackson form Louisville not a playoff team.

Of course there are exceptions for ridiculous things like Lamar going for 5000 yards and 51 tds. If Eric gets to 75% of those numbers I'll be pretty darn excited.

But 9-3 just sounds so much better than 8-4.

Blasphemy

We are going 13-1. NC State will beat Clemson and we will win the breaker and beat Miami and then beat Washington!
image.jpeg

The poor luck and injuries that have plagued Eric are also possible for any other college football player including Heisman contenders. Don't count him out just on that alone. Also, ED has elevated our team when he is in the game to an extent that makes me wonder how we will perform without him. I don't know the criteria but how many teams can say that have a player of that caliber?

Tua is going to win and Kyler Murray is the only person with a chance.
Tua hasn’t even attempted a pass in the 4th quarter this entire year and his team has played almost half of the regular season in 5 games.
The only game Dungey played in the 4th quarter was against the #3 team in college football.

The only game Dungey played in the 4th quarter was against the #3 team in college football.
He played at Western Michigan in the 4th Q and he missed half of the Florida State game with an injury. Plus his numbers in the FSU game and Clemson games weren’t Heisman quality.
He needs an insane 2nd half and have SU win 10-11 games to even get invited to NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom